Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What's your biggest luxury?

(76 Posts)
Pandoraphile Mon 25-Sep-17 14:45:18

Inspired by my relief and gratitude to my cleaners for making my house spick and span this morning. I woke with a streaming cold and the place was in its usual post-weekend chaos. Thank GOODNESS for cleaners.

We have a reasonably large house with four bedrooms, three bathrooms and a huge kitchen and huge living room. I probably could keep on top of the cleaning myself but I don't have to and I am so, so grateful. Having cleaners is most definitely my biggest luxury.

What's yours??

HappyEverIftar Mon 25-Sep-17 14:49:32

Housework: sending my sheets out each week.
Personal: mani/pedi once a month.

Both well worth the money I find!

catlover1987 Mon 25-Sep-17 14:53:18

I have a cleaner too. £30 per week but worth every penny. Also getting my hair cut and coloured. £120 every few months. I do feel a bit guilty about this one but I love my hairdresser.

amusedbush Mon 25-Sep-17 14:53:23

My facial cleanser/toner/moisturiser. I'll use budget brands for most things but this is one thing I won't compromise on!

Floellabumbags Mon 25-Sep-17 14:55:56

I get my nails done every fortnight and I love having that time to chat (I always go to the same place) and I love that it makes me feel groomed.

I'm supposed to be getting fingers and toes done tomorrow but I dropped something heavy on my foot at the weekend and it's too painful to put socks on, let alone get a pedi.

ShotsFired Mon 25-Sep-17 14:58:29

Travelling long haul in Business Class.

Not sure I could ever go back to economy now.

TeaAddict235 Mon 25-Sep-17 14:59:31

Really nice Conditioner hair masks. My hair thanks me for it later!!

Aspieparent Mon 25-Sep-17 15:01:27

My phone. I don't really get nails done hair ect.
Would love to be able to afford some help with house work.

CaoNiMartacus Mon 25-Sep-17 15:15:48

Diptyque "Feu de Bois" room spray. 44 quid for something that literally evaporates into thin air. It's gorgeous though. For 15 seconds.

Pandoraphile Mon 25-Sep-17 15:37:11

I also have my hair cut and coloured regularly with an expensive hairdresser and my nails are well maintained acrylics. These are luxuries but I'd give them up in a heartbeat if it came down to those or the cleaners! I may even sacrifice my child's schooling to keep them 😂

Norpak from Aldi, 😁 I love the stuff!

BitchQueen90 Mon 25-Sep-17 15:40:52

Beauty treatments. I get my hair, eyebrows, nails, lash extensions and pedicures, plus a monthly facial and massage.

Auntiedahlia Mon 25-Sep-17 15:40:57

My horses

MotherOfMinions Mon 25-Sep-17 16:17:13

Redken shampoo and conditioner. Smells divine

LBOCS2 Mon 25-Sep-17 16:20:27

My cleaner (I'm a SAHP), or my hair which I have dyed into fun colours every 8weeks or so. Both absolute luxuries (I would give up my hair appointments over my wonderful cleaner in a heartbeat though!)

DJBaggySmalls Mon 25-Sep-17 16:22:33

Music. I'd love a cleaner and gym membership though.

MaxPepsi Mon 25-Sep-17 16:26:32

Clinique. I have other luxuries too however their clarifying lotion and DDML is non negotiable.

I'd eat beans on toast for life rather than give that up and I fucking hate beans.

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Mon 25-Sep-17 16:26:53

It's going to be keeping my ds's nanny even when I am on maternity leave with dd (due Feb). It's going to cost me every penny of my maternity pay and mean I can only take 6-8 months rather than a year but after suffering from pnd last time I have decided that this is one totally luxury that is very, very worth it!

smellybeanpole Mon 25-Sep-17 16:29:50

My Sky Q box. sad

Meow34 Mon 25-Sep-17 16:33:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sparechange Mon 25-Sep-17 16:33:18

Dog daycare
But it means we can have a dog while working full time, and the dog saves my sanity a hundred times a week so it's worth it

HailLapin Mon 25-Sep-17 16:40:13

A nice lunch out every Saturday , I also like relatively expensive shampoo.

xqwertyx Mon 25-Sep-17 16:45:28

I buy a magazine every month, its £4.99 so a bit steep but i let myself have it smile

Camomila Mon 25-Sep-17 17:02:37

My second masters that starts this week.
Am so grateful to DH who is supporting us all while I retrain.

HippadoppaloppaGammeldag Mon 25-Sep-17 17:10:59

My ironing lady. I love her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now