Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

How do I make an omelette

(8 Posts)
Whatshouldmyusernamebe Mon 25-Sep-17 09:34:25

I've never made one but I'm sure I would like.

AgathaRaisonDetra Mon 25-Sep-17 09:36:26

You need to break eggs.

TwatteryFlowers Mon 25-Sep-17 09:41:45

3 eggs, a knob of butter, a bit of salt and pepper, whisk them up, tip into the frying pan and swirl it so it spreads out. Prick it a fork. When it looks like its almost set, fold it in half with whatever filling you want inside (I like already fried mushrooms and a bit of cheese) and serve.

TwatteryFlowers Mon 25-Sep-17 09:43:59

www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/theperfectomelette_86680

Josiah Mon 25-Sep-17 09:47:50

A dot of oil in the pan until base is coated. Crack two eggs and combine yolk and white. Pour into heated pan. Jiggle pan back and forth until almost set, add grated cheddar cheese or goats cheese or mushroom etc ti one half and then flip over half th omelettes over the fillings do it's now a half moon shape. Flip over after a short whilst and then serve.

Use a small pan and a large spatula.

You must season.

Whatshouldmyusernamebe Mon 25-Sep-17 09:51:03

Sorry bloody random OP and excellent first response! ;)

PolaDeVeboise Mon 25-Sep-17 09:54:06

Put a splash of water in with the eggs as it makes it fluffier. Oh, and I love mine simple, with just butter, sea salt and pepper on - YUM!

INeedToEat Mon 25-Sep-17 10:30:52

I learnt to male an ommlette a few weeks back and now i cant stop eating them. Here's how I make mine:

Tea spoon of oil. Then fry off the filling. I have some onion, asparagus, ham, chopped up tomato , chopped peppers and spinich. But you can leave it plain or add what ever it is you fancy.

Turn the hob down to its lowest setting (I hate eggs cooked to quickly with all the crackle stuff on the bottom).

2 or 3 eggs whisked, salt, pepper and a dash of milk. Add to the frying pan.

Leave it. Don't stir. Because of the low heat this usually takes about 5 - 7 minutes.

Sprinkle cheese on top then stick under the grill for 2 minutes.

Release the edges with a spatcular and then slide into a plate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now