Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Have I got the most magnificent DS or what!

(196 Posts)
FurCoatNoKnockers Sun 24-Sep-17 18:30:31

Well -today I felt I'd "brung him up proper!" I was moving his bag to get to mine in the porch and a tampon fell out of his bag- when I asked him what it was doing he said he'd bought a packet and some pads as back up.

That's all he said confused so after a bit more investigation it turns out his gf is a bit irregular and is very scatty so she often is caught short ruining their time together because she's too embarrassed to go and buy any SP and will instead go home very abruptly.

He hasn't had to offer it but has some just in case. Isn't that sweet! I'm so shocked -he's always been very timid,kind and sensitive but I'd never have him down as a lad who'd pop to Boots and buy sanpro with no embarrassment at all.

bottlesandcans Sun 24-Sep-17 18:31:30

biscuit

FourEyesGood Sun 24-Sep-17 18:32:24

Yep - he's a good 'un. smile

Faez Sun 24-Sep-17 18:32:26

Wot

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sun 24-Sep-17 18:32:51

That's sweet. How old?

MyBrilliantDisguise Sun 24-Sep-17 18:34:03

But why didn't he just buy it for her if she was too scared to buy it herself? He doesn't have to carry it around for her. And don't people use either tampons or pads, not both?

FurCoatNoKnockers Sun 24-Sep-17 18:35:19

Why have you posted a biscuit?
My son is 13?

A biscuit is really nasty.

FurCoatNoKnockers Sun 24-Sep-17 18:37:37

Disguise-I have no idea. From what I can make out she's just wanted to go home when they've been out. I also asked why wouldn't she. Sorry her own and he shrugged his shoulders and just said "it's no big deal- they'll be there is they're needed"

TheAntiBoop Sun 24-Sep-17 18:39:10

It could be construed as a bit creepy though! Far better for him to just offer to nip in and buy what she wants. It's good that buying sp doesn't bother him.

But what if she is using irregular periods as an excuse to get away early!! Although it would be a slightly odd excuse to come up with as I can't imagine many teenage girls would be interested in discussing their menstrual cycle with their boyfriend. And then again it's very odd she doesn't carry emergency SP if she knows this is an ongoing issue.

ZenHeadbutt Sun 24-Sep-17 18:40:47

That sounds a bit odd really. confused How old is his girlfriend?

IrritatedUser1960 Sun 24-Sep-17 18:40:57

Bless him that's really sweet. Sounds like he's growing up to be one of the good ones x

Loopytiles Sun 24-Sep-17 18:41:07

Creepy.

FurCoatNoKnockers Sun 24-Sep-17 18:42:39

TheAnti- yes I see what you mean. But FWIW she seems more than happy to see him everyday-

FurCoatNoKnockers Sun 24-Sep-17 18:43:48

I'm now laughing at creepy.

grin

No really.

opheliacat Sun 24-Sep-17 18:44:04

Yes, that is a little strange, OP, sorry.

Girls of that age use periods as an excuse to get out of difficult situations sometimes.

Wavingkitten Sun 24-Sep-17 18:44:16

It all sounds very odd. I can't imagine any 13 year old boy buying tampons.

Why won't she buy her own?

Winteriscomingneedmorewood Sun 24-Sep-17 18:44:46

When I was at school my male best friend used to offer up support when any girls let on they had their period. . He was a lovely boy and is now a top soap star - I never forgot what a star he was even back then!!

Peachyking000 Sun 24-Sep-17 18:45:01

I'd be worried about him getting teased if any of his mates found out tbh

Wavingkitten Sun 24-Sep-17 18:45:04

And in all seriousness I wouldn't be surprised if he grew up to be a controlling man. Sorry.

AdalindSchade Sun 24-Sep-17 18:45:43

I thought you were going to say 18!
It's a bit odd for such s young boy to be taking responsibility for a girl's sanitary products. Kind of him though

Witchend Sun 24-Sep-17 18:46:25

If she's too embarrassed to buy it I'd think she'll find it far more embarrassing to find he's carrying some round for her.

NotTheDuchessOfCambridge Sun 24-Sep-17 18:46:30

It's a bit odd, OP.

LavenderDoll Sun 24-Sep-17 18:47:16

Little weird hmm

TheAntiBoop Sun 24-Sep-17 18:47:29

I find it odd that she is too embarrassed to buy SP from strangers but happily discusses it with her boyfriend

I guess he will find out if she thinks it's creepy when he has need to offer it!

And where are they when these period emergencies are happening?

EggysMom Sun 24-Sep-17 18:48:15

Suggest he get a packet of headache tablets or painkillers as well, so she can't use the 'cramps' excuse either grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now