Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Loo stop off M25 before M4 Reading...? Off any junction?

(8 Posts)
GreatGatsbys Sun 24-Sep-17 10:27:23

Anyone with local knowledge? Bit of a long shot this but...
Heading from South Mimms to M4. Have a health problem sometimes and may need the loo before Reading services. It's only an hour but sometimes that's too long.

Looking at maps, looks as if it is possible to turn off for Colbrook and there is a BP garage /M&S food on the bypass. Can't be sure it's still there!

Is there anywhere else where it's easy to turn off the M25 or M4 and get back on going in the right direction where there is anywhere to stop for the loo?

lampygirl Sun 24-Sep-17 13:27:15

You can get off the M25 onto the M40 and then one junction to Beaconsfield Services. You can then come down through Burnham area to the M4 rather than sitting on the M25

HolidayTimeAgain Sun 24-Sep-17 14:07:39

Look for the location of Mcdonalds or supermarkets along your route. I use my phone to search the local area when I need to go!

GreatGatsbys Mon 25-Sep-17 09:54:54

Thanks so much. Has missed these because of Chat moving so fast.

I have also found a turn off on the M4- first junction after M25 for Colney (I think) and a BP garage / M&S food store about 1/2 mile off roundabout.

Still grateful for any other advice.

justgivemethepinot Mon 25-Sep-17 10:34:01

I don't know the area but I sympathise totally, had years of recurring cystitis and any car journey over 45mins was spent nervously looking out for the next garage and being jealous of my nappy wearing toddler!

TheFaerieQueene Mon 25-Sep-17 10:39:28

There aren't any services between M25 and M4 Reading. All the junctions head towards a town. Slough, Maidenhead, Wokingham/Bracknell. Your best bet might be junction 5 M4 and head for the hotel on the junction.

GreatGatsbys Mon 25-Sep-17 15:31:54

Thanks! I think the M40 Beaconsfield might be an option to consider. Road from there to M4 is only 7 miles.

MassDebate Mon 25-Sep-17 16:19:50

If you leave the M4 at junction 6 and head towards Windsor, Windsor leisure centre is only a few minutes down the road and they have toilets (discovered in an emergency during similar journey).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now