Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What are you doing today?

(74 Posts)
speakout Sun 24-Sep-17 07:21:52

Just off to Tesco soon, ( OH and I may have a sneaky breakfast before the kids wake) I like to do the shopping early.
I have to do some work, ( I work from home, but it;s fun). OH is on call, but again that work can be done from home, otherwise a fun relaxed day.

ihatethecold Sun 24-Sep-17 07:31:25

Me and dh are going to the home building and renovating show in East London today.
Need ideas for our roof etc for our extension.
Not very exciting but a useful day out I think.
Although we can't get a builder to quote for love nor money at the moment. 😕

Badders08 Sun 24-Sep-17 07:32:30

Ds2s b day tomorrow so big family gathering this afternoon...im catering for 20.

SecondaryQuandary Sun 24-Sep-17 07:32:42

Going to watch eldest play footy then late pub lunch with friends.

MandaraMandate Sun 24-Sep-17 07:34:09

Lazy morning and pancake breakfast. Church for St Matthews day. Home for a shepherds pie then probably park. Friends over for a curry tonight.

EvilDoctorBallerinaDuckKeidis Sun 24-Sep-17 07:35:56

This will be a slobbing out day. I'll have to make the DC put some clothes on after lunch, because DH will be out, so they'll have to come shopping with me.

Poppiesway1 Sun 24-Sep-17 07:36:57

I'm taking ds1 to university. It's his first year.. longest I've ever been away from him was 3 nights/4days. I'm going to be a blubbering mess this afternoon confused

Salene Sun 24-Sep-17 07:37:02

Husband kids and I are off to watch tractor pulling competition 2 hours drive away.

Think drag racers but tractors

VioletCharlotte Sun 24-Sep-17 07:38:47

I'm about to get up and go swimming. Then I need to do a food shop and finish cleaning the house. Dog walk this afternoon and roast dinner.

Heathen4Hire Sun 24-Sep-17 07:39:07

I am just getting home from the night shift - Night Tube in West London - so I be having a light breakfast then a short sleep of about four hours. Then up, getting daughter organised for school tomorrow, hoovering, helping DH with dinner, cat husbandry, ironing, then bed.

SweetPeaPods Sun 24-Sep-17 07:40:20

I really want a lazy day but DH has taken a rare Sunday off so I feel like we shouldn't waste it. Possibly swimming with kids this morning and for this afternoon I'm just deciding whether it would be better to go curtain shopping or a nice walk in a nearly country park, or pop to the local pub for their Sunday funday

RatOnnaStick Sun 24-Sep-17 07:40:46

Ironing
Birthday party
Sunday lunch at parents
Birthday party

Slightly hectic but reasonably nice day today.

Kahlua4me Sun 24-Sep-17 07:42:10

Dh is going away to work later this morning for the week.

I am taking dc to a classic car show very soon so should be up and dressed by now but can't seem to get up!

aurynne Sun 24-Sep-17 07:42:51

In New Zealand, so Sunday almost finished. This morning I woke up and changed the clocks 1 hour forward (Daylight Savings), checked the final Election results from last night, went for a walk with my DH and the dog to the beach (it's been a beautiful, warm, sunny Sunday!), lay down on the grass in the garden reading for an hour, brought the washing in and have been pottering around on the computer since. Oh, I am also on call today (I am a midwife) so have answered the phone to a couple of women who needed some advice and reassurance about minor issues.

Ifailed Sun 24-Sep-17 07:44:08

As it's going to be sunny, going for a 12 mile walk. Country pubs maybe involved.

graziemille Sun 24-Sep-17 07:44:52

Meeting a friend in the dog park....with our dogs obviously.
Making a yummy lamb curry for tonight.
Exercise class this afty.
Catch up tv tonight in pj's.

2gorgeousboys Sun 24-Sep-17 07:49:54

I've been up since 5am as the boys had a got a dance comp. I had hair and tan to do then a couple of hours drive. It's regional finals and qualifiers for the nationals so a big deal. It's like Strictly in real life!

user1497997754 Sun 24-Sep-17 07:53:31

Croissants for breakfast
Dog walking on the beach to collect driftwood for the fire
Lunch not sure what yet
Watch 3 episodes of that Secret Little Lies
Eat lots of chocolate
Read papers
Make lots of tea
Look on Internet for cheap flights to Crete
If only had toasties for lunch decide chinese/indian for later
Potter in the kitchen
Early bed as leave at 5.20 am for work

crazypenguinlady Sun 24-Sep-17 07:54:43

DPs are coming to visit. It'll be lovely to see them but today, I could do without it as got so much to catch up on.

Everyone will be getting up and having breakfast shortly, DP is going out to buy chest of drawers for DS's room, and we need to give the house a quick once over. After his parents leave, I'll be doing lots of little odd jobs I need to catch up on and DP is on baby duty! My mum is making (and dropping off) a roast chicken dinner though so at least that is sorted 👍

SpareChangeDownTheSofa Sun 24-Sep-17 08:01:01

Work sad

MujosMama Sun 24-Sep-17 08:01:43

Mustering the energy to get up and shower while the baby is in a good mood.. it's been longer than I like to admit since I washed my hair grin

Off out this morning to tutor first thing, then home, baby handover and DP will go to work, mum and dad driving up for lunch, then a friend over for dinner, bitching (both) and baby cuddles (her) this evening.

Thought we had a busy day but some on here putting us to shame!

Blackandpurple Sun 24-Sep-17 08:03:24

Prep veg for a roast, Football match at lunchtime (v important cup match), walk in pm then eat said dinner. Then do nothing!

OuchBollocks Sun 24-Sep-17 08:04:45

Wipe snot and drool and fret about the baby, mainly. Definitely Tesco, possibly church depending on the baby (he is very unhappy today). DD will need fresh air at some point too.

BulletFox Sun 24-Sep-17 08:04:59

Housework
Housework
Housework

Oh, the joy

TowerRingInferno Sun 24-Sep-17 08:05:35

Ringing bells
Walking dogs
Helping dcs with homework
Gardening
Cooking gammon
Watching film or playing game with dcs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now