Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Phone keeps ringing! Help!

(13 Posts)
laketaupo Sat 23-Sep-17 21:20:02

For the last few nights the home phone has been ringing at around 9pm for anything from a few rings to one ring to a whole load of rings (even to voicemail). It's also going during the day. But when I ring 1471 it doesn't say that any number has rung us when something blatantly is making the phone go off.
Our wifi has been totally on the blink also for the last few days , we are with SKY who are shit.

Don't want to answer the phone as the only people that know our number are my grandparents who I am at loggerheads with over my mothers terminal illness but am feeling increasingly disturbed by all these unknown phone calls.
It's up to 10 a day at the moment confused

KweenOfFarts Sat 23-Sep-17 21:23:00

Phone sky, could be lose wire/connection or just fault online or BT? Whoever you pay line rental too.

KweenOfFarts Sat 23-Sep-17 21:23:49

Fault With sky Not online

LookImAHooman Sat 23-Sep-17 21:26:24

What exactly does 1471 say? Not that it's withheld? I'd get caller ID even without problems.

Redglitter Sat 23-Sep-17 21:28:51

Get yourself a BT Guardian phone. They're fab. 100% success in blocking spam calls

laketaupo Sat 23-Sep-17 21:31:42

@LookImAHooman so 1471 says the last number that called the house phone was my mobile (well yes yesterday morning I did ring it ) but in between then we have had about 10 calls which 1471 hasn't mentioned at all!

AdorableMisfit Sat 23-Sep-17 21:33:41

This sounds like a problem with your line. I had this with a phone once, it started ringing the minute you plugged it in and only stopped if unplugged. Nobody was actually ringing me. Virgin had to come and do something to fix it. Ring your phone provider for help.

LookImAHooman Sat 23-Sep-17 21:35:05

Mm. Def sounds like a fault, then - good luck! gin Get caller ID anyway if you can for future - can help shed light with problems and useful when things run normally.

SandyDenny Sat 23-Sep-17 21:38:29

You haven't switched the plugs around at all have you, I've had problems before if things aren't plugged in properly,

No ones ringing you or 1471 would tell you, something is making your phone do the ringing noise

Blackandpurple Sat 23-Sep-17 23:38:51

Give them your mobile number and unplug the phone. My landline phone is plugged in for us to call out if needs be but the ringer is off.

We used to get fuckers from foreign countries calling at every unsociable hour.

Migraleve Sat 23-Sep-17 23:44:48

I would agree it’s likely a fault, however, you haven’t even answered it to check?? Because perhaps the fault is on the 1471 side rather than the actual dialling:/

PickAChew Sat 23-Sep-17 23:46:13

Uplug until the problem is fixed.

ozymandiusking Sat 23-Sep-17 23:47:28

Try ringing your landline from your mobile and listen to what kind of tone you get, ringing, engaged, number unobtainable. You will then be armed with a little more information when you call your line provider.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now