Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Fancy dress on a budge - which movie star can I be?

(10 Posts)
ifonly4 Sat 23-Sep-17 15:23:33

We have a fancy dress party coming up and need to go as a particular movie star. Money is really tight at the moment, happy to go along with the theme but at no cost if possible.

I've got long brown hair just past my shoulder blades, am late 40s and slim. Clothes wise (and things I rarely wear) I've got a cheesecloth white top, black dress with blue lace, black dress with sliver threaded pattern, summery (almost 50s style) dress with matching bolero jacket and then there's my usual jeans, black trousers with evening tops. I've got accessories like sunglasses, everyday earrings as well as a massive silver pair with layers of leaf shapes.

Can anyone inspire me please!

PassiveAgressiveQueen Sat 23-Sep-17 15:34:37

any male film star. get out your jeans and a t-shirt

DuchessofManchester Sat 23-Sep-17 15:38:30

Audrey Hepburn? Black dress with sunglasses and silver earrings?

BellBookandCandle Sat 23-Sep-17 15:43:23

The obvious would be Audrey Hepburn. Hair put up, black dress and sunnies.

Sandra Bullock in Speed or Practical Magic

Sure others will be along with much better ideas

woollyminded Sat 23-Sep-17 15:44:47

Can you put together something a bit masculine and do a Marlene Dietrich? The other one that popped up for me (probs mention of cheesecloth!) is Judy Garland referencing Wizard of Oz.

BeyondThePage Sat 23-Sep-17 15:49:17

PJs, Dressing gown, book, fluffy slippers (my go to dress "up"!) Rene Zellweger/ Bridget Jones

woollyminded Sat 23-Sep-17 16:11:34

Beyond - brilliant!

soloula Sat 23-Sep-17 16:17:25

Do you sew or know anyone that can sew? You could make a Princess Leia white dress from a couple of white sheets that you can pick up dead cheap or use some old ones. Pleat your hair up into a couple of side buns. Job done.

redexpat Sat 23-Sep-17 16:21:13

Get a black dress from a charity shop, cit a slit in it and then safety pin it up.

OlennasWimple Sat 23-Sep-17 17:41:31

Is the 50s dress any good to be Maria from West Side Story?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now