Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

When do you start buying your dcs xmas presets

(117 Posts)
summersgoneaway Sat 23-Sep-17 12:31:23

Was going to start buying fri when I get paid

TittyGolightly Sat 23-Sep-17 12:31:46

I don't.

Clutterbugsmum Sat 23-Sep-17 12:52:59

After my birthday at the beginning of October. And have it all finished by the mid November.

hidinginthenightgarden Sat 23-Sep-17 13:00:16

Kids birthdays are October so after that. Have picked up a few stocking filler though.
I start buying birthday stuff way in advance.

Whitelisbon Sat 23-Sep-17 13:01:04

January.
I'm almost done now, just stocking fillers to get.

angelsgirls Sat 23-Sep-17 13:03:11

I have 3 so far!

Pj's for dd2, Disney themed and on offer £6 when I was picking something up from Argos back in July

Sign (I go made) for dd1 brought last week

Picked up s toy today in Tesco that was half price to put away for dd3

SheepyFun Sat 23-Sep-17 13:09:19

November if it's a good year. December usually. But we're at the low value/fewer presents end of the spectrum, and fortunate that we don't have to be really careful with what we spend.

PinkHeart5913 Sat 23-Sep-17 13:10:15

December!

no talk of Christmas will happen in this house until after my November birthday

nancy75 Sat 23-Sep-17 13:11:19

I bought the first one today, but only because it's a thing g that come with a limited special gift. I will buy everything else November/ December

OuchLegoHurts Sat 23-Sep-17 13:11:24

A couple of weeks before Christmas

Blackandpurple Sat 23-Sep-17 13:11:50

I start in the sales. Just bits and bobs. But i save with Park and that is a massive chunk if Christmas.

MummysMaison Sat 23-Sep-17 13:12:25

July/August. I'm almost finished. Everything I havent bought yet for other people and a few bits for my DDs is in an Amazon list that i watch. When they go on offer I buy them.

ToniMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 23-Sep-17 13:14:46

Our last family birthday is at the start of October. So I tend to start after that.
Although I picked up a few cheeky presents already this year.

Rosa Sat 23-Sep-17 13:19:31

mid November onwards but this year got dds early as its concert tickets !

Haudyerwheesht Sat 23-Sep-17 13:20:26

Usually start of September but don't finish before December because they might change their minds - especially ds who is into more grown up stuff now.

CleftMum Sat 23-Sep-17 13:21:31

June/July never buy anything full price though

anyoldname76 Sat 23-Sep-17 13:22:04

ive started picking up stocking fillers and ive bought my neices presents. i get most of them as soon as i receive my park vouchers

BarbaraOcumbungles Sat 23-Sep-17 13:26:23

I’ve got a few bits and pieces this month. I normally stay when we’ve had our holiday in August.

Playmobilpeacock Sat 23-Sep-17 13:28:02

I buy gifts all year round. I keep a list on my phone and add to it when the DCs mention something they would like.

When I see a sale I check the stock to see if there's anything from the list.

When it's a birthday or Christmas I just wrap a selection of gifts from my collection.

GerdaLovesLili Sat 23-Sep-17 13:33:03

All year round. If something is a good price and will make a good present it goes in the super-secret present store on top of the wardrobe.

Lumpylumperson Sat 23-Sep-17 13:36:42

Around now. I've picked up a few things this month in various sales.

I enjoy it though. I keep a list (and check it twice) which suits me as I love a good list me.

CarolinePenvenen Sat 23-Sep-17 13:48:30

Started weeks ago. Finances dictate that I have to pick up things when I see them.

PinotAndPlaydough Sat 23-Sep-17 14:16:34

January, we don't have much money spare at the end of each month and with the children's birthdays in October and December we need to spread the cost. We always save money so that they can usually have the main present that they ask for and a few specific things from Father Christmas. I pick up little stocking fillers as and when I can and choose things I know aren't just fads.

TealStar Sat 23-Sep-17 14:17:47

All year round. Just have a couple more to get (smug) grin

MiddlingMum Sat 23-Sep-17 14:21:46

I really dislike Christmas starting early - the shops full of tat etc, but I do buy presents when I see them. For example, I saw something in July which I wouldn't have thought of but which will be perfect for someone. I bought it there and then as it was sort of related to the place I was in, and it's stashed in my secret, locked place smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now