Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Can anyone ID these pills?

(34 Posts)
Niccelia Sat 23-Sep-17 11:51:27

Looks like a small M or N on one and a S on the other?

Any ideas?

Niccelia Sat 23-Sep-17 11:58:38

Small bump

Youcanttaketheskyfromme Sat 23-Sep-17 12:07:54

Could be anything.

Context ?

Niccelia Sat 23-Sep-17 12:08:38

Found them underneath DSs bed! He's 10?!

Emily7708 Sat 23-Sep-17 12:10:25

Try this

www.drugs.com/imprints.php

VioletCharlotte Sat 23-Sep-17 12:12:20

Does it have a number on the other side as well as the letter? If you google the number and letter it tells you what it is.

kittybiscuits Sat 23-Sep-17 12:12:45

I had looked on that suggested website for you but couldn't find them.

Niccelia Sat 23-Sep-17 12:14:22

Yes I looked too, it won't let you search for just an S or N/M

Have text DS to ask him!

Niccelia Sat 23-Sep-17 12:14:51

Nothing on the other side

MyDcAreMarvel Sat 23-Sep-17 12:15:25

Are they sweets?

DragonBone Sat 23-Sep-17 12:18:51

But worrying.... were they hidden under the bed or loose ? (Not that it makes a difference!)

Niccelia Sat 23-Sep-17 12:20:36

Loose but right in the corner

Def not sweets

mirrorfear Sat 23-Sep-17 12:21:15

I think that the S is a 5 which could be the strength 5mg

PeaceOfWildThings Sat 23-Sep-17 12:22:53

I have no idea what they are, but hope they turn out to be something boring like travel sickness pills or hayfever tablets.

Then, many years from now, you can tease your DS about the 's' and 'm' gear you found under his bed....

GreenTulips Sat 23-Sep-17 12:25:16

Take them to a chemist

The pharmacist could help

DragonBone Sat 23-Sep-17 12:27:08

Has your Ds replied with any kind of explanation?

(Wonder if u can nip to a pharmacy and ask?)

Niccelia Sat 23-Sep-17 12:27:32

Mystery solved

His friend stayed at ours for the weekend and they are his ADHD tablets. He didn't want to take them so hid them under the bed and asked DS not to tell me. DS forgot they were there.

His mum said he was fine doing his own tablets so I need to text her and tell her he clearly isn't

Niccelia Sat 23-Sep-17 12:28:24

Actually really annoyed now. DD crawls round his room all the time. DS should have told me

LiefievdM Sat 23-Sep-17 12:32:31

Really dangerous. But why would you allow a 10-year old to have control of his own medication in your house - especially if you have a crawling baby? Sod what his mom says. It is your house and your rules.

Niccelia Sat 23-Sep-17 12:34:41

She dropped him off and it was a throwaway comment as she left "he has his tablets in his bag, his alarm will go off when he needs to take them but don't worry he'll sort it, he knows which ones"

I didn't think I'd need to take them off him. He's usually very sensible. If we go out for the day he has them on him and takes them without being reminded. I don't have a clue which ones he takes or when

LiefievdM Sat 23-Sep-17 12:43:13

Sorry to be blunt, but you could've justed asked her?? It takes all of a minute to explain dosages.

On a day out his tablets are not at risk of ending up in your DD's mouth with potentially fatal results. Mindboggling. My crawling baby can pull open a zip. And will happily chomp on anything. A blister pack will be no obstacle.

And what if, in the seclusion of his bedroom, your DS thougt it a good idea to try these meds?

Why risk it? It seems so blasé?

Niccelia Sat 23-Sep-17 12:55:42

Seriously? I don't know many 10 years olds stupid enough to just randomly stick pills in their mouth hmm

DD wasn't in his room when they were here. They were zipped up in a sports bag in a medication box. Not blasé, just not helicopter parenting.

And no, I'm not going to tell someone else's kid to ignore what his mum said and give me the tablets.

StatueInTheSky Sat 23-Sep-17 13:09:09

i cannot believe what MN is coming to...not a single person suggested you LICK them!

it's like parking threads..must have a diagram
cat/dog threads must have a photo
mystery pill threads...g'wan, lick it!

Glad you have sorted the mystery....I think you are right about giving the mother a heads up.

GreenTulips Sat 23-Sep-17 13:12:43

Seriously? I don't know many 10 years olds stupid enough to just randomly stick pills in their mouth

Sadly there are kids who would

Glad the mystery is solved

LiefievdM Sat 23-Sep-17 13:27:33

There are many kids who would absolutely do just that.

And I wasn't suggesting you discuss it with the 10-year old. I clearly said talk to his mother.

Your life your kids.

And you just proved your "non-helicopter" parenting excuse blown out the water because they ended up under your DS's bed and he didn't tell you about it - as is pretty normal for a 10 year old. So even if your DD weren't in his room at the time and even while they were behind a zip and in a case, they still ended up lying loose under a bed.

The whole thing about young children is that they are unpredictable and taking sensible precautions such as controlling the flow of highly dangerous medicines do not amount to "helicopter parenting". It is straightforward safeguarding. Like keeping sharp knives out of reach. Or childproofing the cleaning materials cupboard.

But I will shut up now as you are clearly being too defensive to admit that your trust in a 10 year old kid's ability to be responsible about self-medicating and keeping medicines out of reach of babies has gone quite wrong. Thank goodness the only thing injured here is your ego.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now