Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

I had my hair cut today

(23 Posts)
lucysmam Fri 22-Sep-17 21:37:10

Not just a trim.

The last 3" or so of colour I was growing out cut off so it's now just above my shoulders.

Not one single person has noticed.

I even asked my friend if it was straight at the back when we left here to pick the kids up because I couldn't be arsed to nip upstairs and check the back in the mirror after faffing with it myself sad

Threenme Fri 22-Sep-17 21:39:12

Well I for one think it looks fabulous, the length really suits you!!winkgrin

namechangeforpost Fri 22-Sep-17 21:41:51

I bet it looks fab! Do you love it? It might take for you to do your own thing with it for people to noticegrin

lucysmam Fri 22-Sep-17 21:41:53

grin why thank you!

TittyGolightly Fri 22-Sep-17 21:42:12

Ditto. Had 5 inches cut off yesterday. DH and DD knew where I was going and said nothing. Not one colleague mentioned it today.

MyDobbygotgivenasock Fri 22-Sep-17 21:43:35

That's a bit rubbish. I'm sure it looks lovely, do you like it?
Give them another chance, ask if they like your new hair, they'll probably have some nice things to say about it when their attention is drawn to it. I usually notice but the times I haven't it's just been because I've been a bit wrapped up in myself and haven't been paying proper attention. Not good standard friend behaviour but not malicious either.

lucysmam Fri 22-Sep-17 21:44:08

Not sure about love it namechange, it's a bit of a bob at the moment because I just wanted rid of the rest of the old colour. But it's not two tone any more...you'd think someone would have noticed that confused

I shall faff with it tomorrow before going out for my friends' hen do, maybe someone will notice then smile

Floellabumbags Fri 22-Sep-17 21:45:33

I walked past you in the street and didn't realise it was you. It takes years off you.

namechangeforpost Fri 22-Sep-17 21:47:22

I'm sure you will come to love it when you style it and people will be full of compliments tomorrow!

I had my hair coloured once and when I asked OH if he noticed anything different about me he asked if I'd had my eyebrows waxed I was not impressed hmm

MyDobbygotgivenasock Fri 22-Sep-17 21:48:41

Gold standard friend behaviour that should have been.
I'm glad I cross posted with compliments! I'd ask for a photo but it's got a bit odd round here since I've been away and I don't want you in the daily fail under the headline 'Broken Britain, millennials proven to be more selfish, woman forced to start new life after haircut shocker' or something.

lucysmam Fri 22-Sep-17 21:50:52

Haha, well, at least no-one's asked if I had my brows done! I did do those myself this morning though...they were a bit unruly.

Titty, it's a bit deflating isn't it <sigh>

lucysmam Fri 22-Sep-17 21:52:31

Nooo, no photo, Dobby! It's not malicious at all. Just a bit...meh smile

NSEA Fri 22-Sep-17 21:54:24

I have genuinely never had anyone comment on my hair. And Ive had dramatic haircuts. I don't think I have ever commented on anyone else's haircut either. Although I do compliment a good do, I don't reserve this for new haircuts. I didn't realise this was something I should do.

So your friends and coworkers are probably like me. Notice the change but don't think to comment?

NSEA Fri 22-Sep-17 21:54:43

Afterall, everyone has haircuts don't they.

Thinkingofausername1 Fri 22-Sep-17 22:07:07

I'm not having mine done until next week.
All week people are asking if I've had it done!! I might cancel next weeks apt...
It's funny isn't it. You could pay £40 for colour and no one notices, but use a different shampoo or something and people think you've had your hair done!blush

MyDobbygotgivenasock Fri 22-Sep-17 22:12:49

It is meh, bit disappointing. I always try and notice and compliment, everyone wears clothes too but it can still be a bit of a lift to get a nice comment. I don't always manage but I try.
As long as you don't walk in and do that purposeful swishing then you'll be fine grin

Charleymouse Fri 22-Sep-17 22:50:13

I feel your pain.
Had mine cut and coloured last night.
DD2 asked why I hadn't had my hair done when I was later home and DH said he couldn't see any difference. Thankfully DD1 told me she loved it, the colour and the cut.
I had a full head of streaks and 3" off and layers put in.

It looks lovely by the way.

Charleymouse Fri 22-Sep-17 22:52:45

Just realised my looks lovely comment looks like I am talking about mine.

I meant yours look lovely. X

Madeyemoodysmum Fri 22-Sep-17 22:56:15

Me too!!! Had mine cut from a bob to a crop pixie style yesterday and hardly anyone has said. Even my mother!!!
Majorly peeved.
I've had it this style before but not for a while so should have noticed.
Yours looks great. wine

overnightangel Fri 22-Sep-17 22:58:55

I once turned up at work having had 3 weeks off , nice tan, hair totally different colour (mousy brown to blonde highlights), first thing my boss said was "oooo are they new glasses?!"
They weren't 😂

Wallywobbles Sat 23-Sep-17 06:58:59

Someone's mum said to me people only notice if you go from below shoulder to above shoulder. Even then it would appear she's optimistic.

LittleWitch Sat 23-Sep-17 07:12:37

I have a mane of hair that I wear tightly tied up under a headband for gym. Sometimes I arrive at class with my hair loose then tie it up and when I do that somebody always says "ooh have you had your hair done?" confused Er, no you're looking at me with my hair visible as opposed to hidden beneath a band. I often wonder if they think I grew a mane between when they saw me yesterday with it tied away and now...hmm

TheWorldIsMyCakePop Sat 23-Sep-17 07:16:14

Ah, your hair looks great wink

Hope your friends notice today when you go out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now