Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Unsolved mysteries and conspiracy theories. Which fascinate you?

(982 Posts)
ToeKneeChestNut Fri 22-Sep-17 19:32:46

I'd love to know if there really is a Bigfoot/Yeti/Sasquatch.
My old Maths teacher's father claimed to have seen Bigfoot on a mountain in Pakistan. grin

I'm also intrigued about the various theories of the US military using 'new age', paranormal techniques. The men who stare at goats and all of that!

So, what are your favourites?

Longdistance Fri 22-Sep-17 19:42:23

How funny. We were discussing the Loch Ness monster with dd's earlier. Didn't know how to explain it properly, is it a myth, is it real? 🐉

DistractedByAFatDog Fri 22-Sep-17 19:46:04

I believe in Nessie, UFO’s, time slips and the yeti.

I don’t believe in ghosts or spirits but believe some sightings can be due to time slips.

ToeKneeChestNut Fri 22-Sep-17 19:48:46

Wow, time slips must be fascinating. Tell us more, Distracted!

ManicUnicorn Fri 22-Sep-17 19:49:27

I love conspiracy theories and have got lost down a fair few worm holes whilst googling them. The best one Ive heard recently was that Donald Trump only ever stood as a Presidential nominee to make Hilary Clinton look good, he was a close friend and supporter of Bill and Hillary in the past. Obviously that backfired grin

Not sure I believe that, but I do think that he never in a million years expected to be elected and is just winging it now.

Stellato Fri 22-Sep-17 20:14:58

I'm deeply fascinated by the logic of conspiracy theories. For example, people have put an enormous amount of time and energy into analysing the moon landing photos to explain why they are a hoax, yet no energy into explaining how it's possible that 60,000 NASA employees have managed to either be duped in their involvement or kept the same secret for sixty years.

Winteriscomingneedmorewood Fri 22-Sep-17 20:19:14

Distracted - one day you will change your mind!
I have a ghost in my life.
If i hadn't seen him I wouldn't believe either!!

Spuddington Fri 22-Sep-17 20:20:49

Numbers stations. They terrify me.

MrsKCastle Fri 22-Sep-17 20:22:53

I love reading about The Mandela Effect
I don't believe in it at all, but I love seeing how convinced some people are.

SoPassRemarkable Fri 22-Sep-17 20:26:07

That big passenger plane which disappeared a few years ago....where on earth is it? Probably at the bottom of an ocean somewhere but will it ever be found?

Madalaine McGann.

SoPassRemarkable Fri 22-Sep-17 20:27:55

MAndela effect is really interesting. There's a number of people who swear that the Flixborough disaster was announced on the lunchtime news that day but it didn't happen until after then.

ToeKneeChestNut Fri 22-Sep-17 20:41:23

I've never heard of the Mandela effect. Google...

SoPassRemarkable Fri 22-Sep-17 20:52:55

flixboro thing

Anasnake Fri 22-Sep-17 20:55:28

The time slips involving Bold St in Liverpool are fascinating. Been down that street many times but nothing ever happened !

ChocoholicsAnonymous Fri 22-Sep-17 20:57:55

Interesting

Fairybella Fri 22-Sep-17 20:59:55

I like these threads.... scare me a bit

Longdistance Fri 22-Sep-17 21:18:33

The Mandela effect, cheese and onion crisps used to be in a green bag 🤷🏼‍♀️

Anasnake Fri 22-Sep-17 21:27:27

Golden wonder and KP cheese and onion were in green bags.

IvorHughJarrs Fri 22-Sep-17 21:30:34

Me too Anasnake!

I love conspiracy theories but can never decide if I believe them or not, I'd love to know! I had a conversation with someone recently who was adamant that 9/11 was a hoax and said the fact that Grenfell Tower burned so furiously for so long yet remained standing while the Twin Towers fell into their own footprints reinforced his views

HemanOrSheRa Fri 22-Sep-17 21:31:47

Numbers stations. They terrify me. Me too Spuddington <shudder>. All though secret signals being transmitted over the airwaves.

HemanOrSheRa Fri 22-Sep-17 21:32:14

*Those not though.

followthelight Fri 22-Sep-17 21:34:29

Fucking love these threads.

<Googles numbers stations>

PeterBlue Fri 22-Sep-17 21:37:49

Who put Bella in the wych elm?

ToeKneeChestNut Fri 22-Sep-17 21:38:03

Number stations are so baffling.

Love this stuff!

ToeKneeChestNut Fri 22-Sep-17 21:41:37

I often wonder about the poor old man who died (suicide/murder?) on the moor in Manchester is interesting. It took so long to identify him, and nobody knows why he was there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now