Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Getting vom out of things.

(10 Posts)
kingfishergreen Fri 22-Sep-17 15:37:57

PFB is 11 months old, and following her first week at nursery has her first tummy bug.

I have questions:

1. How would you get yogurt-vom out of carpet? We don't have a carpet cleaner, so far I've sprayed antibacterial cleaner and water on it and dabbed it furiously with kitchen roll.

2. How would you clean these Tomy egg things (picture attached)? Every thing else she vommed on is soaking in hot water with a dash of bleach.

3. She's asleep now but must be hungry. She's weaned and has three formula bottles a day. How would you approach getting her fed and hydrated when she wake's up, she doesn't like drinking water very much (or at least only drinks it on her own terms)?

We're being scrupulously clean, washing our hands, hot washing her icky clothes etc. is there anything else we should be doing?

Thanks in advance, I know it's normal, but as a notably un-puky baby, it's horrible to watch.

kingfishergreen Fri 22-Sep-17 15:38:48

These eggs.

Scrowy Fri 22-Sep-17 15:52:06

I always have a bottle of this in for any vom related carpet/upholstery issues

I also have a ordinary washing up brush which gets most stuff off anything.

OverOn Fri 22-Sep-17 16:01:19

Don't worry about hunger and food - her body needs hydration (sips of water best). When she's ready for food, make it something bland

MrsPear Fri 22-Sep-17 16:14:18

Carpet - I invested in a carpet washer. Mine is a vax.

Plastic toys get wash in normal soapy water in the bath and then soak with something like detol then a rinse using the shower hose. A vomiting bug is the only time this fussy!

Clothes, bedding and any towels rinsed again in the bath then minimum 60 with bio powder.

Keep offering sips of water and a bland diet.

A child's first bug is always a bit scary but she should be fine - hope she is better soon.

Seashell80 Fri 22-Sep-17 20:07:52

I second the Dr Beckmann stuff, we had an incident in the car confused I wiped the majority up with baby wipes then used this, brought it up a treat and no smell either smile

PlummyBrummy Fri 22-Sep-17 20:47:41

Have you tried zoflora? Disinfectant with lovely different smells. As for carpet, 9 parts water to 1 part bleach and scrub with a brush. Gets up awful stains.

TheViceOfReason Fri 22-Sep-17 21:10:58

Toys in the dishwasher or washing machine.

Heap of bicarbonate on the carpet.

user1487372252 Fri 22-Sep-17 21:17:25

You could put those eggs in Milton or just soapy water.

kingfishergreen Fri 22-Sep-17 22:11:37

Thanks guys (unisex guys).

She felt a lot better after vom 3. Poor little mite, she was perky in between, but so sad when she was actually sick. She's since drunk some water, some formula and had some (lightly) buttered toast. We didn't push it, just left her to get on with whatever she fancied.

If there's one thing I've learned it's that just because she wants to eat a whole orange with a yogurt chaser, doesn't mean I should let her (she's definitely unwell, but the curdling wouldn't have helped). But because she's had a horrid cold I was just glad to get some vitamin c in her.

I've bleach and zoflora'd the hard floors and will get some of that Dr Beckmann stuff to give the bedroom carpet a second go tomorrow.

Toys already bleached (only weak solution), bloody Tomy eggs still upside down to fully drain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now