Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Which bit of teething is worst?

(10 Posts)
Peopleplease Fri 22-Sep-17 14:24:16

First teeth. One has just about come through, one still slightly under gum. Are we through the worst or is the worst still to come??

DD1 got her first teeth at 4 months and had reflux so she was pretty miserable anyway!

DD2 is 8 months and pretty chilled.

I wouldn't be wondering except we're going on holiday tomorrow and have a flight to America!

BillywigSting Fri 22-Sep-17 14:57:00

I think it's probably a bit different for each child but mine really suffered when he was cross teething with his back teeth. They took forever to come through. I was all sympathy mind you as I was getting a pair of wisdom teeth at the time. We were a pair of right mardy fuckers.

NoMoreNotToday Fri 22-Sep-17 15:09:06

Incisors. Came fast and very painfully.

Nowifi Fri 22-Sep-17 15:16:06

All of them! But especially canines - hell on earth.

Peopleplease Fri 22-Sep-17 15:59:57

I know other teeth are worse - I'm just wondering about the worst bit - is it just before they come through or just after they come through.

minipie Fri 22-Sep-17 16:02:17

Once they have cut through things are definitely better.

Just before they cut through is pretty bad, as is the week or two before hand when they are moving up through the gum and causing jaw ache

NoArmaniNoPunani Fri 22-Sep-17 16:03:39

We are on the last molars. They are the only ones that have given D'S any bother

GrouchyKiwi Fri 22-Sep-17 16:03:47

Yes, I think it's when they're just cutting through - when you can just see a tiny tip of tooth. That was the worst for all three of mine - both in pain and in what was in the nappies.

Josiah Fri 22-Sep-17 16:07:46

I gave both of mine Ashton and parsons powder and teething woes were eliminated.

My son got his teeth early.

They are adults so I don't know if you can buy the powder anymore.

It's fab stuff, soothes and calms.

vukse Sun 01-Oct-17 09:47:10

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now