Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Well done Janet from Argos !

(16 Posts)
Dowser Fri 22-Sep-17 13:47:50

I'd only rang about a query re ordering some sofas but not wanting them delivered for about 7 weeks as there's still work to be done.

She was Sooo helpful. I was expecting a no can do and was amazed to find it wasn't going to be a problem. It was buy one get second half price ,so I didn't want to lose the offer.

There's quite a lot involved with the logistics of this as they aren't going to my main address.
She, must Be a mnetter as I was sure I was getting a hand hold, while we worked out how this was going to happen

Took a lot of the stress out of the situation as I could choose date and time of delivery.

Can't believe it. I rang up with a query and ended up placing and paying for an order .
Well done Janet.. customer service at its exceptional best.
I filled in the survey for her as I'm so impressed and she got 10/10 and a glowing report.

Hopefully Janet will get a bonus from this.

x2boys Fri 22-Sep-17 13:53:37

Well done indeed Janet I hope if she does get a bonus her and Roy have a marvellous Xmas!

WaxOnFeckOff Fri 22-Sep-17 13:53:54

Ime the survey stuff is just used as overall data ofr general levels of customer satisfaction. I'mnot even sure if Argos run their own call centres or not.

Sounds like you've had a great experience so it may be worth tweeting or writing on their FaceBook page or even an old fashioned letter as that might get her some recognition to use for her next appraisal.

YesThisIsMe Fri 22-Sep-17 13:56:38

While we're on the subject of excellent Argos employees, whoever writes the text for their app updates always makes my week.

Dowser Fri 22-Sep-17 14:00:37

That's a good idea wax
I wish all call centre staff were so helpful and welcoming. ( apologies to call centre staff that are)

I was trying not to feel stressed about what I was trying to do when I rang and I can't believe how simple the process was, which prompted me just to think , right let's get it ordered.

My query about my dh not finding it comfortable with his bad back was met with a , that's fine, just send it back.

I hope it is suitable, he tried several in scs and there were definitely quite a few he didn't like.
( no doubt he'll buy his own comfy chair!)

OhtoblazeswithElvira Fri 22-Sep-17 14:00:52

x2boys grin
<wanders off to the Christmas board to look for the round Robin thread>

MissionItsPossible Fri 22-Sep-17 14:32:54

On the flip side poor me who just got off a 30 minute call being shouted at by someone when they were the ones at fault!

WaxOnFeckOff Fri 22-Sep-17 14:33:29

As part of my job I somtimes listen to calls - not for Argos - and there are indeed some great call handlers out there - so just for reference when you get the "calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes" speach on the call, they actually are. Oh and by the by, when you are put on hold, your end of the call continues to be recorded so please save all your coughing, farting, telling dh the dog off etc until AFTER the call....grin

BelindaBlinked Fri 22-Sep-17 14:35:02

Great work Janet!! Congratulations

Dowser Fri 22-Sep-17 14:37:34

So they really are recorded wax ?
When you listen to them do you then have to review the call handler .
Pull them up if they haven't handled it well , suggest improvements.
Agree with them that we're handling a right dick 😂

Dowser Fri 22-Sep-17 14:40:29

I know, she worked well there. Turned a query into an order and got me to part with my cash.

I haven't told dh yet!
He'll be fine!
( leave me alone, with a phone and a credit card and all hell breaks loose 😂 )

mayhew Fri 22-Sep-17 15:23:19

I've had great, helpful service from my local Argos. My daughters tent pole snapped at a festival. I went to see if we could get a replacement pole, they gave me a whole new tent!

OnionKnight Fri 22-Sep-17 15:31:50

Argos are great to me whenever I contact them, quite surprising TBH as I thought they'd have crap customer service.

WaxOnFeckOff Fri 22-Sep-17 15:34:14

Oh yes, they are recorded. I do a bit of that but that's mainly the stuff that the supervisors in the team would do. I look for other things such as complaints that haven't been handled well, if they've breaches regulations etc etc.

Some customers are very difficult, some are great and the same goes for call handler, some have the patience of a saint. You get the occasional poor one though.

WaxOnFeckOff Fri 22-Sep-17 15:35:24

Tesco customer service or certainly their complaint team are really good too.

cjt110 Fri 22-Sep-17 15:37:44

We had a travel system from Argos and 18 months after purchasing but only 6 months after using the pushchair part with child in, it had torn at the back and was basically hazardous. I called, on the off chance they could assist me. I assumed as it was outside the 12 month period they wouldnt. Turns out they do and do. Apparently it's something to do with an obligation for 2 years.... The manager said to bring the whole system down and he would give me a gift card with the value I paid for the travel system on allowing me to purchase a replacement pushchair (and other baby items). Very impressed with that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now