Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Intimidating driving from dad at baby group

(22 Posts)
FisforFamily Fri 22-Sep-17 12:50:46

Not really sure why I'm posting i'm just a little shocked after leaving a baby group and I guess I'm not sure if i should report a dad from the group for dangerous driving or if its even something you can repot someone for!?
So theres quite a busy junction, a main 60mph A road that is not far from the group, I was waiting for a space in the traffic to pull out, longer than normal TBH its usually not that long a wait to get out, I'm far from a nervous driver but there just wasn't a gap that I felt comfortable with up to that point.
A dad from the group I'd just been in started to beep long beeps at me x 3, I didn't react just kept waiting, gap came and I pulled out , once on main road there isn't long before you have to pull off again so I indicated so come in to the right turn off lane where he was also heading and he tried to undercut me.
Once we get off the road on to the smaller side road he overtakes me and tries to overtake the car infront but can't due to a corner... I don't think he realised until he overtook me that I was a mum from the group. Next week I can either not mention it, say something to him (I expect he won't care from the way he was acting and gesticulating, until he saw me then he seemed to stop with the mouthing off?!) or I can just note down his reg and report him as IMO he was driving dangerously...please can I have opinions please on what you'd do if this has happened to you, if you think i'm being precious and should just let it go please tell me! Just to add its a group where you pay for the full term upfront so I will definitely see him again as its only the beginning of the new term!

LilaBard Fri 22-Sep-17 12:53:36

Report him. Doesn't matter if he's your next door neighbour or you don't know him from Adam, there's no excuse for dangerous driving. Were the children in the cars too?

NearLifeExperience Fri 22-Sep-17 12:55:06

Does he have a young child in the car with him whilst he drives like this? Shocking and scary if so, and in which case I'd feel inclined to take it further.
I'd have been pretty scared and upset by this too.

FisforFamily Fri 22-Sep-17 12:55:30

Yes my DC and his DC sad

LilaBard Fri 22-Sep-17 12:56:46

Absolutely report him then. And if you mention the children were in the cars as you'd just come back from a group they will take it seriously and probably pay him a little visit to have a word.

specialsubject Fri 22-Sep-17 12:57:31

Report, and when you next meet give hell.

FisforFamily Fri 22-Sep-17 12:59:12

Thanks Lila I think I will then, I don't have his registration number right now although having had a look since i've been back he is friends with another mum on Facebook so i do now know who he is...but i think i will jot his number down next week and report to DVLA. Thank you for replying, i just a bit shook up but its good to write it down and know I'm not overreacting.

ThoseCowsAreFarAway Fri 22-Sep-17 13:04:04

Report him. But don't bring it up next week unless he does first - could be very uncomfortable. Aggressive fool.

FisforFamily Fri 22-Sep-17 13:15:56

I feel uncomfortable about next week, having calmed down now I think you are probably right not to bring it up unless he says something in which case I will then tell him exactly what I think of him. If it was just me in the car on a normal day i don't think i'd bother to report but the fact that he put my son in danger and knowing he had his son in the car I can't just leave it so I will have to report him, please does anyone know if it can be done with just with his name from Facebook or if i will need his reg number to report it? Thank you

LeakyLittleBoat Fri 22-Sep-17 13:25:04

I'd report him AND bring it up. Tell him he drives like a cunt and that's fine if he wants to endanger his own dc but don't fucking mess with yours! Twat sounds like the dick who did similar to me yesterday and almost made some poor bastard coming the other way drive into the ditch to avoid him when he passed me illegally in a no passing zone after tailgating and beeping me for a couple of miles on a windy country road with a constant stream of oncoming.

LeakyLittleBoat Fri 22-Sep-17 13:25:06

I'd report him AND bring it up. Tell him he drives like a cunt and that's fine if he wants to endanger his own dc but don't fucking mess with yours! Twat sounds like the dick who did similar to me yesterday and almost made some poor bastard coming the other way drive into the ditch to avoid him when he passed me illegally in a no passing zone after tailgating and beeping me for a couple of miles on a windy country road with a constant stream of oncoming.

LeakyLittleBoat Fri 22-Sep-17 13:26:19

See? I feel so strongly I had to say it twice! grin

FisforFamily Fri 22-Sep-17 13:58:34

Leaky do you fancy coming with me next week?? grin
Urgh completely annoying that I’ll have to go there ever bloody week with him there, hopefully he’ll be ashamed of himself but I don’t think I’ll get that lucky somehow! angry

TheViceOfReason Fri 22-Sep-17 14:10:57

I'd report AND confront him - loudly at the group next time. Be polite, but make sure people are in easy ear shot and say something like "if you want to risk your own life driving like you did last week that's fine, but please don't risk your child along with my child and my life. I have reported you to the police by the way."

LeakyLittleBoat Fri 22-Sep-17 14:18:26

I'd be there like a shot but it's kind of difficult what with planes and stuff - I'm in the USA. But, what TheVice said about doing it in front of other parents keeping it icily polite and remaining calm would hopefully shame the bastard.

IfNot Fri 22-Sep-17 14:19:12

What the fuck is wrong with some people when they get behind the wheel?! You sound like a safe and considerate driver. He sounds like an aggressive dangerous twat. I just don't get why people do this? Is it really worth killing your own kids,or someone else's just to feel like a big macho man.
Was he in an Audi? <runs away from outraged Audi drivers>
Fuck YES report and YES confront. Tell him you don't appreciate yours or your children's lives being put at risk so he ought to find another way to get his sad little rocks off.
Sorry you were shook up, I would have been too, and I live somewhere where even old ladies drive like cunts!

Ceto Fri 22-Sep-17 14:23:03

The trouble with reporting him is that he will deny it and I suspect it will go no further.

Yoksha Fri 22-Sep-17 14:26:24

Report to the police OP. Not the DVLA. This is becoming more & more the norm these days.

ChunkyNotSoKitKat Fri 22-Sep-17 14:29:43

No point in reporting police have better things to do with their time then investigate some bad driving on one persons word.

By all means confront if you want it to be awkward every drop off and pick up

IfNot Fri 22-Sep-17 14:38:34

Who cares if it's awkward?! Awkward for him maybe. Maybe someone needs to confront him and shame him a bit?

Witchend Fri 22-Sep-17 15:44:35

What would the police do though unless you have dashcam? They can't take people's reports and act on them without evidence surely? If nothing else how will they tell which are malicious?

FisforFamily Fri 22-Sep-17 17:04:30

Thank you for everyone’s feed back, sorry for the delayed reply, I’ve have been out ( no more road rage thankfully!)
I was going to report on the DVLA website as I saw they had options to do it on there, but I can’t do that until I have his registration number anyway so earliest would be next week.
I’ve calmed some more now, regarding the awkwardness I think it will be awkward regardless as I’m pretty sure he recognised me when he overtook... I’m not a confrontational person but I will defend myself ifyswim so I’m not sure how it will pan out... any good cutting one liners welcomed! Thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now