Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Carrie Bradshaw

(161 Posts)
Cameblackbenzleftwhite1 Fri 22-Sep-17 12:38:35

I'm ill so rewatching it, but I can't believe she has the cheek to have a right go at Charlotte for not offering to pay her flat deposit. 30k back then would be an absolute fortune!

Just because a friend has money I don't think you should expect them to lend it to you, espically if you keep buying expensive shoes.

Isn't that the MN definition of entitled?

squoosh Fri 22-Sep-17 12:40:16

She's a flawed character. That's what made it watchable, for me at least.

Crunchymum Fri 22-Sep-17 12:43:20

She was a horrible cunt.

Josiah Fri 22-Sep-17 12:45:48

Dreadful crap second only to Friends which was dire.

Hope you feel better soon.

She's fucking awful

maxthemartian Fri 22-Sep-17 12:47:21

I find it you binge-watch them, her character flaws are really apparent!

ZaphodBeeblerox Fri 22-Sep-17 12:47:40

I loved the show for its depiction of female sexuality and found it freeing. I grew up in an environment where all the girls always pretended they were virgins and played into men's sexist assumptions about what they should or should not do etc etc. I felt like in the show I found my people, until I could actually move out of that environment and physically "find my people".
But Carrie was always an entitled twat.

ZaphodBeeblerox Fri 22-Sep-17 12:49:02

Also I loved Friends when I was a teenager. But watching it now, its aged terribly hasn't it? All the endless homophobia and entitledness of the characters!

Cameblackbenzleftwhite1 Fri 22-Sep-17 12:50:04

I think she's more than just flawed, she's veru unpleasant. The kind of person you'd just ignore after a while.

Why did "everyone" want to be her back then?!

TealStar Fri 22-Sep-17 12:50:14

I couldn't stand her. I always thought she was a twunt. The other characters had far more redeeming qualities than she, yet everyone in RL fauned over Carrie.

NameChanger22 Fri 22-Sep-17 12:53:40

I didn't like any of them. I couldn't watch it.

squoosh Fri 22-Sep-17 12:53:47

I don't know anyone who wanted to be her.

Annabelle4 Fri 22-Sep-17 12:54:49

She was a spoilt brat

squoosh Fri 22-Sep-17 12:55:50

It would have made for pretty dull viewing if she'd always been a stellar human. Who wants to watch that?

squoosh Fri 22-Sep-17 12:58:00

Also I loved Friends when I was a teenager. But watching it now, its aged terribly hasn't it?

I used to love Friends too when I was in school. Haven't seen it in absolute yonks though so would be interesting to see how I feel about it now.

ThoseCowsAreFarAway Fri 22-Sep-17 13:01:53

Loved it back then but yes she was very flawed.

Remember when she visited Miranda who had just had a baby and she waffled on about herself... and she showed zero understanding of the pressure Miranda was under.

And the time she ran into Aiden a year or two after breaking up and he had a baby and she announced she had a date.... seriously cringe...

ThymeLord Fri 22-Sep-17 13:02:30

Oh I love these kinds of threads.

Carrie Bradshaw was an unbearable selfish self-centred arsehole! Her and Ross Geller should both be shot.

Annabelle4 Fri 22-Sep-17 13:03:58

I watched Friends recently and couldn't believe how pathetic and needy they all were. 30 somethings (who surprisingly looked older, imo) sitting around drinking coffee, no responsibilities - even after Rachel & Ross became parents.

I agree, they wouldn't get away with a lot of the 'humour' today. It's really dated badly.

I never thought Joey was funny though, even when I was a teen.
I liked Chandler and could relate to him damn traumatic parents divorce

Sorry for de railing your thread OP!

GotToGetMyFingerOut Fri 22-Sep-17 13:04:25

I have started watching it again. As an adult this time I realise she isn't really a nice person. She is so out of order to Aiden too.

squoosh Fri 22-Sep-17 13:05:50

But Aidan was a twat too.

LostwithSawyer Fri 22-Sep-17 13:07:02

CB's fashion is why people were envious.
Her clothes and shoes and lifestyle.
It's a shame they didn't think how none of it is real life.

squoosh Fri 22-Sep-17 13:08:24

It was a bit of glamorous whimsy. Plenty of grit elsewhere if that's what people want.

Annabelle4 Fri 22-Sep-17 13:09:20

I thought her clothes were dreadful, even back then.

GotToGetMyFingerOut Fri 22-Sep-17 13:09:25

He hasn't been so far in the episodes iv watched and she's already back sleeping with big.

Cameblackbenzleftwhite1 Fri 22-Sep-17 13:09:55

When was aidan a twat?

All I remember is her having an affair behind his back. It baffels me why she didn't just break up with him but carried on.

She also expected her "friend" to replace her expensive shoes after they got stolen from her house.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now