Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

How on earth do we think this happened???

(17 Posts)
ChocolateDoll Thu 21-Sep-17 22:33:57

Car crashed into house, but wait 'til you see the picture confused

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-41349060

It's a BBC link. I can't imagine for the life of me how the hell this happened!! Somebody chuck some suggestions in.

DonkeyOaty Thu 21-Sep-17 22:36:57

Car came off a flyover/causeway?

StarfishSeahorse Thu 21-Sep-17 22:41:02

Bloody hell there's going to be a shit storm at the ministry of magic.

TizzyDongue Thu 21-Sep-17 22:43:30

There's a big verge just by the house

TizzyDongue Thu 21-Sep-17 22:46:10

These pictures make more sense!!

www.google.ie/amp/www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/pwllheli-crash-wedged-car-freak-13641557.amp

TodaysFishIsTroutALaCreme Thu 21-Sep-17 22:51:05

My Batshit neighbour drove her car into the side of my house a few years back. Caused a huge amount of damage which meant the side of our house had to be rebuilt. Considering her drive is only 10ft from the side of our house, no one could believe the amount of damage she caused.

LanaKanesLeftNippleTassle Thu 21-Sep-17 22:53:03

That's come down an embankment surely? It looks like a steep slope on the right of the photo, theres even some sort of stonework in the edge of the hill. And the cars rear bumper is resting on the edge of that bank, thats why it hasn't crashed to the ground.

Fucking hell though....imagine the shock of that, it's not exactly something you expect, even if you do live that close to a road.

LanaKanesLeftNippleTassle Thu 21-Sep-17 22:54:10

I see in my slow typing Tizzy got there first! grin

Josiah Thu 21-Sep-17 22:54:36

Wow! That reminds me so much of Freebie and the Bean!

youtube.com/watch?v=R--Hz4C9XSo

Fab film!

Ivy79 Thu 21-Sep-17 22:56:16

@StarfishSeahorse

Bloody hell there's going to be a shit storm at the ministry of magic.

Fuck me, I nearly choked on my coffee laughing at that!!! grin

How the hell DID this happen anyway? confused

Ivy79 Thu 21-Sep-17 22:57:33

Oh I see now. The house is a big drop down from the road/verge.

nothruroad Thu 21-Sep-17 22:57:53

Totally agree, Starfishseahorse! grin

BarbaraofSevillle Thu 21-Sep-17 23:01:57

A similar thing happened near us, years ago. There was a huge mound of earth in front of a row of houses and a speeding/racing car misjudged a bend and hit the mound, which acted as a ramp and car was propelled into the upstairs bedroom of a house. No idea of the consequences.

PickAChew Thu 21-Sep-17 23:04:01

WTF! Something a bit harry potter going on with that one!

We had a car crash into a house down the road a few years ago, but it was definitely a ground floor job!

PickAChew Thu 21-Sep-17 23:08:25

And seeing the second pictures, there's some houses in the area we've been house hunting where that could happen!

Still surprised it wasn't a Ford Anglia!

When the car was removed from the house near us, I suddenly had loads of companions doing the school run with me and there was a TV camera crew hanging about. I don't think the village has ever seen so much excitement.

SpareChangeDownTheSofa Thu 21-Sep-17 23:13:00

Looks like it came off an embankment.

ChocolateDoll Thu 21-Sep-17 23:57:51

Knew you guys would solve it! smile

Bloody hells bells to that second picture. It looks like it could have fallen at any moment there.

Can't help wondering about the BBC dude who wrote the first article....."let's just stick that picture in with no reference to the first floor impact at all.....make out like first floor is where you'd expect a car to have hit......yeah, that'll spin a few people out, let's do it".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now