Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Dh has a cold!

(17 Posts)
mogloveseggs Thu 21-Sep-17 22:23:45

Here we go again. Sniff sniff sniff all the time. I need earplugs angry

CanIBuffalo Thu 21-Sep-17 22:25:38

Get some.
Then stick them up his nose.grin

mogloveseggs Thu 21-Sep-17 22:28:44

I like it! grin
I am sympathetic but that noise drives me up the wall

BigStripeyBastard Thu 21-Sep-17 22:28:51

Oh no. You realise this will be a full on, Category 1 'illness', dont you. You must make plans now! Get medication, soothing beverages, vicks vaporub and hire a private team of round-the-clock medics to tend to his poor, dangerously unwell state.

Then book into a spa for the week and turn off your phone. 😁

mogloveseggs Thu 21-Sep-17 22:30:09

I am man flu ready, I'm working all weekend grin

iklboo Thu 21-Sep-17 22:41:43

DH insists on Strepsils - then crunches every single one up REALLY LOUDLY while sniffing. It's a wonder I've not been locked up.

mogloveseggs Thu 21-Sep-17 22:44:00

iklboo you must have the patience of a saint!

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 21-Sep-17 22:45:47

Its not just a cold remember that. It's valley fever or something

We need to call to the John radcliffe so they can cordon off an entire floor for such a sick man

littlecabbages Thu 21-Sep-17 22:46:23

DH has taken to filling up a saucepan with vicks and boiling water, sniffling all over it then sloshing the liquid down the kitchen sink.

The vicks residue over everything is doing my head in and I’m SURE it’s going to block our drains but...

“Boo boo do you not want me to get better??”

hmm

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Thu 21-Sep-17 22:49:55

I have a cold too.

Sadly I'm three hours into a thirteen hour night shift and don't have a granny to make me soup.

I feel his pain.

PickAChew Thu 21-Sep-17 22:51:18

Aww, bless him. Do you think you need to call a waahmbulance?

mogloveseggs Thu 21-Sep-17 22:54:25

joffrey hope you feel better soon. Knowing my luck I'll catch it

BigStripeyBastard Thu 21-Sep-17 22:55:57

Joffrey, don't be ridiculous. You have a cold. You can't possibly be as ill as A Man.

Unless you are actually a man, in which case you can't be That Ill as you have managed to get to work and live for three hours without being put into a medially induced coma so you are, again, not That Ill.
😁

I jest, of course. I am actually crap with a cold. I have had much more serious illnesses and been managed to stay quite upbeat but throw me a cold and I quite literally turn into a dying swan, laid on a chaise lounge, with a weak palm across the back of my forehead. I am shocking. 😁

BigStripeyBastard Thu 21-Sep-17 22:57:35

What the fuck is the back of my forehead? Tut. I must be coming down with something....I'm delirious.

JemandScout Thu 21-Sep-17 23:13:23

Sniggering at this thread whilst feigning sympathy with DH over his cold. He had so far taken 2 days off work to mope about and is talking about going to his GP. hmm I broke at that point and said who the fuck goes to their GP over a cold. It's a virus, nothing can be done. Suck it up buttercup. He's not talking to me now. Shame.

StepAwayFromCake Thu 21-Sep-17 23:22:49

Mine too. But he's the sort whose leg could be hanging by a shred of flesh and he'd be saying "No, I don't need a doctor. It's just a little scratch." So there's no fuss, no drama, here. Just heavy breathing. A lot of heavy breathing. Plus sniffing. And slurping of tea, so there'll be burping soon, too. And he'll snore all night. And when he doesn't, he'll wake up and HONK blow his nose. And next week I'll have caught it from him.

No jury would convict me.

Fluffyears Thu 21-Sep-17 23:37:47

Men get the FLU and we all suffer. 'I need a hot water bottle!' 'Can you make me soup?' ....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now