Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

This house has everything you want to see on Zoopla!

(130 Posts)
SexLubeAndAFishSlice Thu 21-Sep-17 19:54:01

Plenty of photos, very detailed floor plan (even chairs and tables are included on it!!) AND a walkthrough video! Someone has spent a LOT of time on this listing...

AllTheWittyNamesAreGone Thu 21-Sep-17 19:56:33

Absolutely huge and beautiful house, piddly garden

Love the polo sculpture

EggysMom Thu 21-Sep-17 20:00:00

Don't promote this house - this is our "when we win the lottery" dream house smile

AssignedPerfectAtBirth Thu 21-Sep-17 20:00:00

It's horrible. And BEIGE. Everything is beige. And the few books they had looked completely out of place.

MrGrumpy01 Thu 21-Sep-17 20:03:49

Shame I only need 4 bedrooms, otherwise it may have been a winner.

and my budget is 200k

BasiliskStare Thu 21-Sep-17 20:06:02

I had that loo once in a previous house - Philip Starck grin
My current house you could probably fit into their kitchen. I think it is quite designed in a not very talented designer way ( just my own opinion - others are available) .

sparechange Thu 21-Sep-17 20:08:39

It's grim! The decor is wrong in every room

The stairs and landing pic looks like an MC Escher drawing

WinnerWinnerChickenDinner0 Thu 21-Sep-17 20:09:40

^^agree, very bland and show house-ish

But the video is great. My BILs company does these for properties. He flies a drone around the interior and exterior and then edits it. Has done some amazing properties. Great way to give a better impression than the standard estate agent shots

Josiah Thu 21-Sep-17 20:10:40

My style is very modern but I don't like it when you have a modern interior inside an older style exterior, which is what I see with this house.

Hate the exterior of the house and the interior has some nice features but overall is very underwhelming and sameish from room to room.

Wolfcub Thu 21-Sep-17 20:11:08

The monthly running costs are terrifying

Smitff Thu 21-Sep-17 20:12:32

Is it yours??

badbadhusky Thu 21-Sep-17 20:12:34

It's a bit Footballers' Wives. I'm not keen on all the beige or the built in bedroom furniture. The home cinema is a nice idea on paper, but I like snuggling up with my kids or my husband, so the seating is useless. The pool is a big plus and all that open space and naice flooring would be great for rollerskating indoors, but its a bit bland for my tastes.

OuchBollocks Thu 21-Sep-17 20:12:42

What a waste of time non pool, couldn't do one decent length in it

badbadhusky Thu 21-Sep-17 20:15:22

^ good point Bollocks. I'd rather have one long thin lap pool, even a lane wide, than an elephant's bath tub.

Ttbb Thu 21-Sep-17 20:21:18

What a waste of potential. It looks like a really nice space but completely destroyed by lower middle class decorating. Who puts down lights in every room? The gym looks nice though although the pool might be a bit short? I do like how the whole space is open plan/ignoring the glass). I get really claustrophobic in small/dark swimming pool rooms.

EggysMom Thu 21-Sep-17 20:21:32

For those of you who don't like the beige ... have you never heard of re-decorating? Still, I'm happy that you don't like it. It'll suit my family perfectly, all I need is that lottery win grin

TakemedowntoPotatoCity Thu 21-Sep-17 20:31:19

The cost! Down south that house would be three times as much.

It's really, really beautiful inside.💗 Looks like noone has ever set foot in it.

Moose23IsHungry Thu 21-Sep-17 20:35:07

It's soooo drab.

Redecorating is not cheap. Cost us £800 to do a tiny terraced hallway (paid a painter). Just the downstairs and up to the landing. We are shit at painting and so it was worth it. But can't imagine redoing a mansion!

AssignedPerfectAtBirth Thu 21-Sep-17 20:37:39

So beautiful on the outside. And the gardens for such a property should be glorious. Ok so guess the seller: I'm reckoning it's whatshisface who was married to Katie Price..

FabulouslyGlamorousFerret Thu 21-Sep-17 20:41:34

I wonder if it's Ampika Pickstons house?, I'm sure she lives in Bowdon or Hale

silkybear Thu 21-Sep-17 20:41:53

It's a bit fur coat and no knickers....

EdmundCleverClogs Thu 21-Sep-17 20:43:35

Nah, has no life or character to it. When I win the super rollover Euromillions tomorrow, I'll be buying that Scottish castle I have my eye on....

Tabymoomoo Thu 21-Sep-17 20:47:45

Tiny garden and a shared drive - definitely not the dream house!

CoolCarrie Thu 21-Sep-17 20:48:53

Footballers wives type of house, very cold and unappealing to me, no character at all.

NashvilleQueen Thu 21-Sep-17 20:51:07

Did someone just say 'lower middle class decorating'?? biscuit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now