Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Driving offences & wet weather

(12 Posts)
Auroraismama Thu 21-Sep-17 11:28:51

Is it still a driving offence to deliberately aim for a large puddle pond at speed and thus thoroughly soak a pedestrian?

WatchingFromTheWings Thu 21-Sep-17 12:06:57

Yes!

Auroraismama Thu 21-Sep-17 12:46:31

Thank you.
The company has been spoken to, I don't want the driver punished - just spoken to. He could've caused an accident.

Auroraismama Thu 21-Sep-17 12:46:56

Thank you.
The company has been spoken to, I don't want the driver punished - just spoken to. He could've caused an accident.

SomewhatIdiosyncratic Thu 21-Sep-17 12:58:04

Yes, it's driving without consideration for other road users.

Many years ago my friend and I were heading back from a swimming pool, freshly washed and well wrapped up against the weather. Some twat ploughed through a deep puddle deluging us with its grimy contents so we had to wash all over again when we got home. Particularly shitty when my friend was obviously using a mobilty scooter.

Pedestrians or not, it's a crap idea due to the risk of aquaplaning any way. hmm

WaxOnFeckOff Thu 21-Sep-17 13:24:46

Yes, someone once did thi sto me when I was taking baby DS1 in his pram to the Drs, soaked us oth with icy slushy dirty water and I didn't manage to get the car number.

It's not always possible due to other traffic for you to avoid the puddle, but it's perfectly possible to slow down so that you don't cause a splash up.

Teen Dss have been deliberately targetted a coupl of times when walking to the shops. I've told them to get the car number but the reality is that you are too shocked and busy dealng with the aftermath that you don't always think in time.

LurkingHusband Thu 21-Sep-17 13:30:02

Particularly shitty when my friend was obviously using a mobilty scooter.

I hope it was OK, as from experience I know they are not fans of the damp sad

overstuffedburitto Thu 21-Sep-17 13:31:00

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/10590181/Motorist-faces-court-after-splashing-schoolchildren-with-puddle.html

Yes!

AlpacaLypse Thu 21-Sep-17 13:33:51

I saw an programme on tv a while ago about stupid things people do, one story was about a passenger in a car video-ing a deliberate rush through a deep puddle in order to soak some pedestrians. There's loads of audio, it's clear that the driver knows the road and that after heavy rain there's often a puddle. They're talking about whether they'll get lucky and catch someone, and when they come into sight of the puddle and spot some people on the pavement they deliberately slow down so that by the time the car reaches the puddle the pedestrian is bang in the middle of the splash zone. They then uploaded it to FB or youtube or something like that. Apparently they were prosecuted successfully.

SocksRock Thu 21-Sep-17 13:36:34

The RAF police got me the other day. Head to toe, through to my undercrackers. Luckily I was on my way home and only 100 yards away.

LurkingHusband Thu 21-Sep-17 13:42:33

They then uploaded it to FB or youtube or something like that. Apparently they were prosecuted successfully.

Good.

AuroraNinjaMama Thu 21-Sep-17 18:10:34

Some of these stories sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now