Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Baby #20 for the Radfords

(96 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

sukitea Thu 21-Sep-17 10:23:05

Just saw on their website that baby has been born safe and sound. They are stopping there apparently and Sue "can now get on with enjoying the children" grin. Noel is refusing a vasectomy, so something tells me it may not be the last...

SumThucker Thu 21-Sep-17 10:24:23

Aah Radford threads never last... Let's hope they stop now though.

Kpo58 Thu 21-Sep-17 10:30:42

Every baby they have is going to be the "last" one. I'm expecting there to be a baby 21 in a year or two assuming neither have died or suddenly become infertile.

sukitea Thu 21-Sep-17 10:46:11

I'm amazed that their food shop has stayed at £250 per week for years. I have 3 teens and easily spend that.

Smeaton Thu 21-Sep-17 10:51:58

Of someone had 20 cats, they'd be branded hoarders and RSPCA would be called. Someone has 20 kids they get their own TV show and national press exposure.

HeadsDownThumbsUpEveryone Thu 21-Sep-17 11:00:16

I love the way they quoted they want to enjoy the children you have to feel for the older ones who didn't get the chance to be enjoyed due to her having more children. Sadly I think like those above that they will not stop at 20, especially as he's not getting the chop.

Annabelle4 Thu 21-Sep-17 11:07:06

I I feel stressed just looking at that family. It's like when we have a DC birthday party here and invite maybe 8 kids, it's chaos. I just love the feeling of calm when they're all gone home. Imagine every day being like that shock

Anyway, glad he's here safely. They are adorable children, and I always love their names.

I hope that's it for them now, but I somehow doubt it. I think they're insane to keep risking Sue's health like that. She must be very high risk for PPH, amongst other problems.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Thu 21-Sep-17 11:07:27

I seethe that they're treated like heros who don't claim a penny. I'm sure they claim Tax credits and child benefit for the ones under 20. (14 of the children) which would work out at about £260. I'm not sure about tax credits, but They must be bringing in a fair few pennies. They're not costing any less than a "scrounging" single mum with one child on JSA.

sukitea Thu 21-Sep-17 11:09:05

I really wouldn't be surprised if they had a "big" announcement in 6 months time either heads, they don't seem to have understood family planning up until now; Sue has been "really shocked" at a few of the pregnancies but then went on to say that they weren't using contraception confused

I don't know how they do it. I have 3 teens doing I important things school wise with exams/controlled assessments/coursework and my head is away trying to offer help/support to all 3. I can't imagine that they can even show much interest in what the the older ones are doing.

Uokbing Thu 21-Sep-17 11:13:20

What are Noel's grounds for refusing a vasectomy?

Twat.

Didn't he have a vasectomy after number 9 and then have it reversed...because 9 wasn't enough......

I really think they should've stopped to enjoy the kids they had at that point...20 (21 actually as they had little Alfie who was stillborn) is just an insane number

HeadsDownThumbsUpEveryone Thu 21-Sep-17 11:18:15

What are Noel's grounds for refusing a vasectomy?

I can't think of a single reason why he shouldn't have one, I doubt Sue could be considered a candidate for sterilisation feel free to correct me if I am wrong though?

sunshinestorm Thu 21-Sep-17 11:20:45

I think they will have another as well. They say this is the final baby but I don't think they'll actually take any measures to prevent another. I think she's perhaps assuming it won't happen because of her age now? But at 42 it's still completely possible she'll have another baby, especially since she seems to get pregnant quite quickly with no issues.

sukitea Thu 21-Sep-17 11:23:40

According to The Sun he said the reversal was more painful than the vasectomy which is why he doesn't want to have a vasectomy again (sounds like he wants to keep his options open?). On the last programme he said he had the reversal 3 months after the vasectomy as he didn"t like the thought of having no lead in his pencil hmm. I was surprised that a surgeon would do the reversal so quickly, usually they have to wait for scar tissue to settle.

Gromance02 Thu 21-Sep-17 11:24:56

What a vile couple. If everyone else on the planet was so selfish the world would come to an end.

LapCatLicker Thu 21-Sep-17 11:30:13

"If everyone else on the planet was so selfish the world would come to an end"

^^
I agree with Gromance02, it's not like we're running short of people. Have they thought about how devastating overpopulation is to the planet?

Gromance02 Thu 21-Sep-17 11:33:24

I don't even care (much) about the massive cost they are to the taxpayer (education & healthcare), it is the monumental consumption of resources they are using. So whether or not they are billionaires or as poor as church mice, it is totally wrong what they have done.

LadyInDread Thu 21-Sep-17 11:37:58

Broodiness is a strong strong urge. But, 21 pregnancies and births?!

The cat comment is spot on. That many cats and you'd been seen as crazy. But 20 children, who will have needed love, attention, and everything else. No way did they get that. Poor kids.

AccrualIntentions Thu 21-Sep-17 11:39:24

She had her first baby when she was 13 and he was 17. I don't find that great, tbh.

DJBaggySmalls Thu 21-Sep-17 11:46:42

Do the kids do the childcare? I mean in a taking parental responsibility kind of way, not just keeping an eye in each other.

sukitea Thu 21-Sep-17 12:09:23

DJ in one programme it showed Chloe(who was going off to uni) going through the list of things that the next girl would have to take responsibility for. Things like housework, cooking, bathing and feeding children, doing their homework etc. Chloe seemed to do a lot more than just keeping an eye on the children. They do all seem to be very close though which is nice.

Just saw on a comment that they are all going to Florida in a few weeks time to film for another show.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Thu 21-Sep-17 12:13:24

I don't agree with the older children taking responsibility for the younger ones. They didn't choose for their parents to breed like rabbits.

RunningOutOfCharge Thu 21-Sep-17 12:22:34

Selfish!

Horrible

DuckOffAutocorrectYouShiv Thu 21-Sep-17 12:23:17

It's sad all round, tbh. Neither appears to be the sharpest tool in the shed whenever they are interviewed and clearly had rough starts in life which have shaped their emotional development.

However, his impregnating a 13yr old as a 17/18 yr old adult is a concern (to say the least) and the ongoing question of grooming and coercion looms large, even now when they are both well into adulthood.

Agree with everyone else who says the current newborn is always 'The last one' for these two. Until the next time.

The children appear loved, relatively happy, clean and well cared for. It's Mrs Radford who I'm most concerned about from a safeguarding/vulnerability point of view.

ThoseCowsAreFarAway Thu 21-Sep-17 12:58:04

As someone who grew up in a huge family I think it's really irresponsible to have so many children. I did no activities growing up - there simply wasn't the money or time to get to these. My girls do dancing, gymnastics, etc. We got very little or no one on one time. There were constant arguments in our house. We're all in our thirties and forties now - nobody has more than three kids and everyone has their own home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now