Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Family games for 9 people including young kuds

(15 Posts)
sofato5miles Thu 21-Sep-17 08:50:46

We are having a lunch, ages from 5 -50. I want to play something that we can all join in. We could do a massive uno, but does anyone else have some good ideas? I want it to be fun!

AfunaMbatata Thu 21-Sep-17 08:52:17

Charades!

isittheholidaysyet Thu 21-Sep-17 08:53:31

Articulate. Pictionary.

Crumbs1 Thu 21-Sep-17 08:53:45

Sardines.

Cedar03 Thu 21-Sep-17 09:00:12

Pit - with the younger children we pair with an adult and child does the shouting while adult sorts the cards.

kissmethere Thu 21-Sep-17 09:05:13

Pictionary
Charades
Who Am I?
Bingo played with a small pot of money which increases, so 25p for who gets 1line
50p for 2 lines then the full house gets £1.

xyzandabc Thu 21-Sep-17 09:05:47

Dobble

Dowser Thu 21-Sep-17 09:08:01

Memorising random articles what's on a tray.

Sticking random articles around the house i.e. Garlic crusher on top of curtain rail etc

Chocolate, gloves, hat, scarf, dice, knife anf fork.
Kids love this. Put chocolate in fridge then when time to play put it on a tray, then you have to put the articles on and cut into chocolate with knife and fork, while others have to throw a six. Then they have to get dressed in hat scarf and gloves before they cut into chocolate. It's ridiculous and hilarious. It shouldn't work but it does.

Dowser Thu 21-Sep-17 09:12:42

My uncle was an accomplished artist. He would draw something a bit like a dingbat and we'd have to guess the name of the town. I remember a plate bursting with cakes...the town...Nuneaton!

Have you got an artist in the family? It doesn't have to be Picasso...probably best if it isn't.

He also would do cryptic rhymes with hidden shop names in them...like selfridges.
Someone came to clear their house when they passed away. I managed to save one set!

Dowser Thu 21-Sep-17 09:14:46

Oh and we are a very competitive family. Doesn't matter if we are stuffed to the gunwhales...we still fight for that square of chocolate 😂

PussCatTheGoldfish Thu 21-Sep-17 09:43:31

Ok, everyone needs a pen and paper.

Everyone draws a head.
Fold down paper so next person can't see what's a been drawn and pass to your left. Everyone then draws a neck and torso.
Fold and pass.
Next everyone draws legs.
Fold and pass.
Then everyone draws shoes.
Fold and pass.
Finally everyone names the alien/human/thing. (Kids love using their siblings namesgrin.)
Everyone reveals the drawings, which are usually very funny.

We loved doing this as kids, mine love doing it now at family parties.

hesterton Thu 21-Sep-17 09:49:03

You can so the same consequences with words.

Everyone has a slip of paper.

You write something in speech marks, e.g. "Oh no! I've done that thing again"
Said

(Fold so no-one can see what's written and pass to next person )

Name of person saying the thing

As s/he

(Fold and pass)

What they were doing as they said it. E.g. scraped the mashed potatoes off the ceiling

Pass paper and unfold whole mini story and take turns to read yours.
It doesn't sound very funny but it can be hilarious.

sofato5miles Fri 22-Sep-17 03:47:12

Thank you!

Chocolatecake12 Fri 22-Sep-17 06:58:20

We were bought a great game called tension.
2 teams one judge!
You have a board to go around Rach team takes it in turns to reach to answer the top ten questions on the cards in a 30 second time limit (egg timer)
Questions are things like Name 10 red things/ 10 types of flowers/10 Disney princesses/10 herbs. Answers have to be on the card and the amount you guess moves your counter forward that many spaces.
It's a great game for multi generational play!

TheMasterNotMargarita Fri 22-Sep-17 07:01:06

Limbo!
Twister
Croquet if you have a decent outdoor space..or skittles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now