Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Hair cut too short

(14 Posts)
SmileAndNod Thu 21-Sep-17 06:24:50

And I have to leave the house for work in a bit. Short of shoving a carrier bag over my head I'm stuck aren't I?

She's never cut it that short. It's above my jawline I have a very fat round face and it looks awful. Why did she cut it so short ( the colours not right either but I can live with that). Even my children hate it.

She has been my hairdresser since the dawn of time so I can't say that I spent two hours crying about it.

How can I brazen it out. Was so excited about getting my haircut sad

Euphemia Thu 21-Sep-17 07:03:13

Accessorise with a scarf, clips, whatever suits you?

Wear a striking pair of earrings to deflect attention?

You're just going to have to own it until it grows. smile

Bluntness100 Thu 21-Sep-17 07:04:59

Can you give it some volume?

It probably doesn't look that bad, it's more the difference that will be jarring to you.

SmileAndNod Thu 21-Sep-17 07:21:01

It is short. Even my mum had no words...

I wanted this (first pic) but ended up with this (second pic) only not as dark or glossy. And with an older fatter sagging face.

How could she do that to me. On my bday as well. Made a thoroughly miserable day worse

tocas Thu 21-Sep-17 07:22:53

OP, there's nothing you can do about it now. It's almost certainly not as bad as you think, and it will grow! Embrace the change

Oblomov17 Thu 21-Sep-17 07:24:39

Both pictures are stunning. I bet it's not as bad as you think.

SmileAndNod Thu 21-Sep-17 07:45:11

Yes they are but I don't look like that lady (about 30 years older for a start)
So so pissed off abd I don't feel I can even tell her.

Oblomov17 Thu 21-Sep-17 08:28:00

No no, you must. Just tell her it was quite a shock because it's a lot shorter than you were expecting.

Dottydoodoo Thu 21-Sep-17 08:28:19

OP, I'm afraid I have no advice but I know exactly how you feel. I had my hair cut on Tuesday, was really looking forward to it looking neater, swishier etc. I asked for it to be just around the top of the boob length - it is just past my shoulders hmm not only is it too short but it's a bad cut too, it's wonky lengths, the back is shorter than the front and it's all thick and sort of, chunky. It looks truly awful, and I feel like it has aged me at least 5 years.

I am embracing the messy bun and counting down the days until it grows long enough to look half decent. It wasn't my usual hairdresser as mine is on maternity leave. Maybe next time you go you could tell her that last time was shorter than you wanted? Or change hairdressers! I hope you managed to have a good birthday in the end flowers

retainertrainer Thu 21-Sep-17 08:39:51

Try straightening it,that'll increase the length. Also,tuck one side behind your ear.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Thu 21-Sep-17 08:43:31

Is that you in the picture. You're gorgeous.

MumoftheBoyandtheGirl Thu 21-Sep-17 08:55:07

I'm sorry I have no advice as the same things no happened to me last week! I was so looking forward to being pampered and walking out feeling great but I just felt like crap.

I asked for a steep gradient on my inverted bob and it was agreed. I waked out with my hair around my chin - so disappointed! I've had to suck it up and I've gone for the one side behind the ear look. It's hard because my hair is naturally curly so any moisture makes it go even shorter 😡

Dowser Thu 21-Sep-17 09:01:32

I think that's Katie Holmes

highinthesky Thu 21-Sep-17 09:04:42

You'll just have to style it out!

Treat yourself to something nice whilst you get used to your hair. It won't feel so awful this time next week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now