Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

3am

(11 Posts)
SiliconHeaven Thu 21-Sep-17 03:08:38

Anyone up at 3am?
I've got some new tablets that have been working for the last couple of months to stop migraines but they didn't work properly yesterday afternoon. I took a second dose (reluctant to go home sick as I'd probably be told off for being off 3 times in the last 6 months). Completely off my head after the second lot. Made it to 4pm and got home okay. I passed out at about 6:30.
Shall I have breakfast now and go to work at 7?

BulletFox Thu 21-Sep-17 03:16:22

Oh god I'd get a catnap. Are the pills generally effective for pain? I'd go back to your GP!

SiliconHeaven Thu 21-Sep-17 03:20:24

Generally work, yes. Don't know why they didn't today. This is the first time I've ever found a treatment for my migraine that has worked in 40 years, I have been thrilled for the last 2 months.
I've had 8 hours sleep

wowfudge Thu 21-Sep-17 03:37:19

You still awake? What are the tablets? I get lots of migraines too.

SiliconHeaven Thu 21-Sep-17 03:55:13

Zolmitriptan. I've had some toast. I'm thinking of it as first breakfast, there will be more...

UpLighter Thu 21-Sep-17 03:59:37

Awake at 4am too grin

wowfudge Thu 21-Sep-17 03:59:49

Poor you. So it's another triptan. I'm thinking of trying beta blockers to see if they make mine less frequent as they've got worse.

SiliconHeaven Thu 21-Sep-17 04:05:43

I take beta blockers too. Not sure if they are effectively reducing the occurrence but I don't want to stop them to find out!
I'm going to try to get a bit more sleep now smile

wowfudge Thu 21-Sep-17 04:08:51

Hope you get some rest

PomonaPalace Thu 21-Sep-17 04:50:17

Awake with horrible throat virus and everything aching. Slept for a bit then woke up soaked with sweat. Swallowing and coughing hurt so much. GP wouldn't give me antibiotics, said it wasn't bad enough but this has really knocked me out this week.

OrSoItSeemsThatWay Thu 21-Sep-17 05:03:29

Poor you Pomona. I hate getting throat / chest stuff as it's so horrible when you lie down.
I'm in hospital which has disrupted my sleeping pattern. Woke at 4 and couldn't get back to sleep so on here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now