Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Can anyone remember this film?

(7 Posts)
PyongyangKipperbang Wed 20-Sep-17 23:38:38

It is a very old black and white one that I saw years ago.

Basic premise was man (someone Humphrey Bogart ish if it wasnt him) meets a young woman who falls for him. His friends think that he has knocked her up because she is seen eating pickles and cream in a cafe and she takes over a "wifely" role in his home against his wishes as he doesnt want to get involved with such a young woman. I think it ends with him ending up falling in love with her. 50's romantic comedy.

I cannot remember for the life of me what its called or even who was in it with any accuracy. Have checked out HB on imdb and nothing seems to match.

I know its a long shot but anyone....?

Bloomed Wed 20-Sep-17 23:43:08

Could it possibly be Susan Slept Here? It's not black and white though ... www.outofthepastblog.com/2012/05/warner-archive-wednesday-susan-slept.html?m=1

Charlesroi Wed 20-Sep-17 23:47:57

Sabrina?

Bloomed Wed 20-Sep-17 23:52:18

I should say that Susan Slept Here has the pickles/cream/pregnancy plot twist.

PyongyangKipperbang Thu 21-Sep-17 00:27:51

YES!!!!! Susan Slept Here.

In my head it was black and white and I clearly missed some important bits of the plot (like they actually got married) grin Although in my defence it was about 30 years ago that I saw it!

Thank you so much smilesmile

PyongyangKipperbang Thu 21-Sep-17 00:55:59

Although reading the plot synopsis, its a bit dodgy! confused

Bloomed Thu 21-Sep-17 10:22:12

Yes I just saw the wiki page. There's a very dodgy promo poster! I do the opposite and remember black and white films as colour confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now