Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Trying to plan my DCs 7th birthday party Is having a ....

(10 Posts)
MmmmmmmChips Wed 20-Sep-17 23:07:06

Disco a bad idea?
If we had a DJ for maybe 2 hours then food?

blahdyblahblah Wed 20-Sep-17 23:08:34

Good idea I think.

Well wouldn't be for my ds as he's almost 4 and him and most of his mates think running around really fast is dancing.

I'd think 7 year olds would be past that. grin

MmmmmmmChips Wed 20-Sep-17 23:16:01

My only concern is if many parents leave their children there would we be ok? Many of the kids have just turned 6.

plantsitter Wed 20-Sep-17 23:18:16

Not sure I'd do 2 hours disco at 7. Or not completely dark and disco lights anyway.

We did this for a 5th and it was way too much for most kids. At 7 they'll be better but not all of them will cope.

TheHeartOfTeFiti Wed 20-Sep-17 23:30:52

We did this for my daughters 6th mixed with party games & dancing

KeepServingTheDrinks Wed 20-Sep-17 23:53:49

I'd say that's a biiiiig thing for kids that age. Not to be nasty, but the first thought that went through my head was "If they're doing that for 7 yr olds, what on earth will they do when the kids hit teens".

I love kids parties, and loved doing things for DD, but at 7, I'd say they still need lots of supervision and would probably prefer games. A disco where there's music and the kids have to dance around for 2 hours seems like quite a stretch for kids that age.

When my DD was that age (ish) one year I paid her dance teacher to come and 'do' an hour at a party. She choreographed a very simple little dance all the kids could do and perform to the parents at pick up.

You know the kids best, but I do think it's a very ambitious party for children of that age.

bellabelly Thu 21-Sep-17 00:01:20

We just did 7th bday party for our twin girls last weekend. We did a mix of dancing, games and food. Filled up 2 hours very nicely! We borrowed disco lights from a friend, bought a now that's what i call music cd and used our own stereo. Loads cheaper than hiring a dj / entertainer! Had some balloons for kids to bash around while dancing . Will post a couple of Amazon links in a mo.

bellabelly Thu 21-Sep-17 00:11:14

£10 lights laser lights £18
Now That's What I Call A Party £8
Honestly, that's all you need! Plus some balloons and some party food!

TheHeartOfTeFiti Thu 21-Sep-17 13:43:06

2 of hours of dancing to much I agree but disco with games worked great for us

PolarBearGoingSomewhere Thu 21-Sep-17 13:46:04

We're having a spooky party for DD's 6th birthday. She'll have an hour of reptile handling, half an hour of food and 20 minutes dancing at the end. I think a two hour party needs a bit more structure at their age.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now