Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

driving alone on a provisional, wwyd?

(26 Posts)
feelingoldtoday Wed 20-Sep-17 20:29:51

if you knew 100% that someone was driving around alone in the car but only have a provisional wwyd?
know the reg, times and places they will be school runs they are a very unique looking person so not a case can be mistaken for someone else but this person is family so im unsure
heads saying report but part of mes saying keep out of it

AnyFucker Wed 20-Sep-17 20:30:23

Josiah Wed 20-Sep-17 20:30:34

Report before they cause an accudent

Josiah Wed 20-Sep-17 20:30:46

Or an accident!

CommunistLegoBloc Wed 20-Sep-17 20:31:26

I'd report it. Insurance complications if they hit some poor driver, not the mention the fact they can't legally drive and are putting others (presumably their own children too!) at risk.

UrsulaPandress Wed 20-Sep-17 20:32:00

School run means driving children. Report.

Theworldisfullofidiots Wed 20-Sep-17 20:32:52

They are not insured

Smeaton Wed 20-Sep-17 20:34:17

Driving on a provisional during school run?
I dread to think worst case scenario...

ItsNachoCheese Wed 20-Sep-17 20:35:24

Report no question. Im learing on my provisional atm and i wouldnt dream of going out alone. The risk is far too big

Butterymuffin Wed 20-Sep-17 20:36:57

Report. It's illegal and dangerous.

LookImAHooman Wed 20-Sep-17 20:37:30

Report. You wouldn't forgive yourself if something avoidable happened and my God, the complications if they hit someone or something.

SusanTheGentle Wed 20-Sep-17 20:37:33

Definitely report, they have no business driving without a licence. If they hit someone they're uninsured, which quite apart from anything else means the person they injure won't be properly compensated.

It's thoughtless and selfish.

Ttbb Wed 20-Sep-17 20:37:35

Bear in mind that they would be hot with a number of charges if you report them so do it anonymously or give them a warning or whatever if you don't want them to get angry with you. Not sure why they've bothered getting a provisional if they're just going to drive around anyway.

Aderyn17 Wed 20-Sep-17 20:37:46

I think you have to report. Normally I'm of the myob school of thought but this person is doing school runs, which means driving around lots of children/driving with dc in the car.

specialsubject Wed 20-Sep-17 20:39:10

Report. They are not competent to drive and could kill someone's partner, breadwinner, parent.

No insurance of course. Criminally arrogant.

feelingoldtoday Wed 20-Sep-17 20:39:58

ive already had a word with them saying its not right but its not gone in at all. tbh if i dont i know theres plenty of others who will report it as they are the type of person who gets peoples backs up very easily so has quite a few enemies at the school gates.

Redglitter Wed 20-Sep-17 20:40:06

Definitely report it.

Even if you don't report it anonymously the police aren't going to say 'Oh we had a report from feelinggold that you don't have a licence. I'd say speaking to them first then reporting it would be more of a give away

wheredoesallthetimego Wed 20-Sep-17 20:40:43

Police. Now. Why on earth haven't you done it already?

feelingoldtoday Wed 20-Sep-17 20:42:48

redglitter i think thats part of the reason im holding back although it was a few weeks ago i spoke to them.

HeartburnCentral Wed 20-Sep-17 20:44:49

Our local police set up a check point right in the middle of the school area and there was no getting away from them, for anyone driving on a provisional licence. It was on a one way system literally only a minute from the school. They caught a lot on the day so there are a lot of people/parents chancing it. How anonymous would your report be and will you feel terribly guilty about the fallout for your friend and her family?

RainbowPastel Wed 20-Sep-17 20:58:27

Police weren't interested when I reported a neighbour. The daughter was driving the mums car without anyone with her before she passed her test.

goingtotown Wed 20-Sep-17 21:02:43

Report. The police will stop her when she's driving & know from their system that she's got no insurance & only a provisional license.

changemyname1 Wed 20-Sep-17 21:32:03

will you feel terribly guilty about the fallout for your friend and her family?

Why the hell would you feel guilty, they have made the decision to drive illegally?.

Gartenzwerg Wed 20-Sep-17 21:44:14

They are the wrongdoers - not you. No need to feel guilty for reporting them.

Imagine how guilty you would feel if they hurt or killed someone and you HADN’T reported them.

Gramgram Wed 20-Sep-17 21:49:31

Please report them. We were in an accident with a provisional driver who ended up on the wrong side of the road. He was uninsured because he did not have a driver with him. Both cars were written off. I was injured, a whiplash injury which took months to sort. He had his children in the car, his daughter ended up with a broken wrist. He was fined, and got points. He spoilt Christmas for a lot of people that year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now