Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Recommend me a cheesy, standalone Christmas romance?

(25 Posts)
weeblueberry Wed 20-Sep-17 16:38:42

It's getting to that time of year where I like to sit with a glass of wine, wrapped in my tartan throw and read an abysmally predictable Christmas romance. Most of this years ones aren't out yet so I wondered if anyone had recommendations for ones from previous years?

The ones I'm tending to find on Amazon are either part of a series (where I won't know the characters) or M&B which I like but would prefer a single title from an established writer if possible.

TheWoollybacksWife Wed 20-Sep-17 16:41:13

Have you read Winter Solstice? That's the only one I can think of - I'm more of a Christmas mystery story fan, myself.

TheWoollybacksWife Wed 20-Sep-17 16:47:03

Although I've just googled and seen that there is an anthology of Katie Fforde Christmas short stories out, with another one due to be published in November.

I quite like Katie Fforde's writing. Here heroines (at least in her earlier novels) seemed to have a bit of personality.

Gwencooper81 Wed 20-Sep-17 16:49:33

Following to find recommendations! OP have you read Winter Solstice by Rosamund Pilcher? It's my winter comfort book!

Gwencooper81 Wed 20-Sep-17 16:50:02

Haha cross post!

MrsHouseBrownie Wed 20-Sep-17 16:51:11

Any of Trisha Ashleys. Looking forward to re reading come December! Twelve days of Christmas is my fave though smile

Jfw82 Wed 20-Sep-17 16:51:46

Christmas at Tiffanys

NancyDonahue Wed 20-Sep-17 16:52:40

Karen Swan has written a few good ones.

FaithAgain Wed 20-Sep-17 16:53:27

Ah winter solstice is lovely smile

weeblueberry Wed 20-Sep-17 16:53:30

Looking these all up! Thanks smile

weeblueberry Wed 20-Sep-17 16:54:22

Yep Winter Solstice looks like a winner - purchased. Keep em coming.

Veronicat Wed 20-Sep-17 16:55:24

Ive just read Winter Flame by Milly Johnson.

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Wed 20-Sep-17 16:57:00

How about The Xmas Factor by.. hmm.. somebody. Hang on!

weeblueberry Wed 20-Sep-17 16:57:55

I read Winter Flame last year - it's the one with the Christmas theme park right?

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Wed 20-Sep-17 16:58:42

Annie Sanders!

The Xmas Factor by Annie Sanders

It's cheesealicious.

weeblueberry Wed 20-Sep-17 17:00:23

Cheesalicious is exactly what I'm after - thanks! grin

Loyly Wed 20-Sep-17 17:01:14

Also came here to suggest the Annie Sanders one.

Winter Wonderland by Belinda Jones is good too.

forceslover Wed 20-Sep-17 17:01:19

Amanda Prowse Christmas cafe

bloodyorange Wed 20-Sep-17 17:02:46

I'm going to get some of these, you've put me in the mood OP

weeblueberry Wed 20-Sep-17 17:08:37

Yay! Always happy to pass along cheesy Christmas romance vibes. I've added these all to my Amazon wishlist. I was expecting people to recommend a lot I'd already read ive read a few but you're all doing fab so far. wink

ProfessorCat Wed 20-Sep-17 17:10:07

Following. Love a good cheesy Christmas book.

I recently revisited a book called "Summer Dreams, Winter Love" that I read as a teenager. Think it's a Point Romance. It was still as deliciously indulgent as I remember.

AdmiralJaneway Wed 20-Sep-17 17:35:52

Debbie Macomber does some cheesalicious Christmas romances.

wrenika Wed 20-Sep-17 20:52:02

Heidi Cullinan's "Minnesota Christmas" books. There's 4 of them, with another possibly coming this year. Each are readable as a standalone, but location and characters do remain consistent across the books. (These are MM romance though, in case that isn't your thing to read.)

weeblueberry Thu 21-Sep-17 10:15:22

Just wanted to bump this for those interested to say that The Works are doing a 6 for £10 on their Christmas romance novels. A good deal if you read a few. smile

Debbie McComber has some christmas novels.

Christmas Magic by Cathy Kelly is a series of short stories.

Jenny Colgan has christmas novels in some of her series - the Rosie Hopkins Sweetshop of Dreams series, the Cupcake cafe series, and the Little Beach Street Bakery series. They are part of the series, but would stand alone too, I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now