Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

If you are slim (and healthy!) what do you eat over the day / week?

(105 Posts)
HerRoyalChocolateBunny Wed 20-Sep-17 12:41:49

I know the other thread went a bit tits up, but I am a recovering bulimic and genuinely have no idea how to eat 'normally' and healthily. I am also nearly 4 stone overweight since I stopped vomiting.

I'd be really interested in how slim and healthy people eat over the course over the course of a few days / a week. A couple of others have expressed similar. [thanks vicar smile )

FWIW, this was me yesterday ;

B- natural yoghurt, honey, nuts and dried apricots
L - grilled chicken breast with salad
D- McDonalds Big tasty, swapped the fries for chicken dippers blush and then half a bottle of wine

Today:

Toast with grilled tomatos
asparagus and cheese omelette with salad
bratwurst, saurkraut, potatoes,no wine as have decided that's not helping.

I am not exercising as recovering from an injury right now.

I hope not to trigger anyone who (like me) has ED, just I feel like I am flailing around blindly with learning how to eat again.

Josiah Wed 20-Sep-17 12:46:07

I eat whatever I want, just not a lot of it. Portion control. I also make either my lunch or dinner a main meal and the other a lighter meal/snack.

RyanStartedTheFire Wed 20-Sep-17 12:48:41

What does slim count as? Healthy BMI or a certain size?

HerRoyalChocolateBunny Wed 20-Sep-17 12:50:32

I'd say healthy BMI, personally.

I also used to have all these rules about eating, no carbs / only carbs/ no beige food etc.so am really interested in healthy, but not obsessive, eating too, I guess.

Josiah Wed 20-Sep-17 12:51:37

Breakfast - glass of Robinson's fruit and barley tropical squash.
Small bowl of choc cherry granola Dorset cereals. Semi skimmed milk. Very filling.

One Werther's original to suck mid morning.

Lunch - cheese and marmite sandwich, crusts cut off. Glass of Pepsi cherry max.

stillvicarinatutu Wed 20-Sep-17 12:56:21

thanks for the link herroyal

i think what we would lie to see here is for people who have nailed the healthy eating/being slim thing to post what they are eating so we can "mirror" the eating habits of a heathy eater who is slim.

for me its slim and healthy with a good bmi although i think bmi is misleading at times.

my bmi is 24. however i am 10st and 5ft 3.5 and a size 12. i am still 35% body fat and id like to get back to around 9stone where my clothes fit better and my body fat % was less.

id be interested in mirroring the eating of someone who is slim and eats healthily.

there was another thread which went tits up where the op posted what she was eating for lunch and that she was very slim. id be interested in someone doing that for every meal/drink for a week to see if mirroring the eating habits of someone slim could kick start a bit of weight loss for me.

i do exercise too - running. i know its not all about eating.

HerRoyalChocolateBunny Wed 20-Sep-17 12:57:30

Thanks vicar. You have explained what I meant perfectly. smile thanks

2littlemoos Wed 20-Sep-17 13:01:00

Place marking.

followthelight Wed 20-Sep-17 13:03:29

Also placemarking.

Littlebitshort Wed 20-Sep-17 13:05:37

Typical day (im short and around 8 stone, size 10)
Wake up to half a cup of tea, best of both milk and 1 large sugar.
Breakfast is cereal, best of both milk (dont always have breakfast).
Mid morning coffee, best of both milk, sweetner.
Lunch is something very small like another bowl of cereal, scrambled eggs on its on, cheese/ham/tuna sandwich on brown and clover spread if i missed breakfast.
Afternoon i have a cup of tea or coffee or fruit or pinch a chip off daughters plate at around 4.30.
Early evening 5pm drink either tea/coffee/water.
Dinner 8pm (work evenings) usually chicken or fish (heavily seasoned) with rice/cous cous/fresh veg with a glass of wine twice a week and then a pudding of fruit or yoghurt
Sometimes a couple of pieces of chocolate in bed.
Will eat very small in the day then have a good meal in the evening.
If i eat a large breakfast (ie fry up, which is very rare) i wont eat anything else for the day.

allthecheese Wed 20-Sep-17 13:06:02

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs (just eggs, no cream or butter or milk added) one slice of toast, 20g avocado, and some cherry tomatoes

Lunch: chicken breast and veg, adding in a baked sweet potato if I'm hungry

Snacks: apples (I eat about 5,000 a day. I'm pregnant and it's the only thing that settles my stomach), pears, bananas. It's around 3pm that I crave something unhealthy so depending on how much I give into it the cravings I will either have a banana or a fruit salad...or a bag of popchips. I probably eat chocolate every other day, but only something small (yesterday I had one lindor truffle)

Dinner: I really struggle with at the moment as I don't have much interest in it. I have been having one of those microwave veg stacks with some cottage cheese. When I'm not pregnant I have spiralised courgetti and mince with bolognaise sauce (jar, not home made, but use Jamies that don't have added sugar), or baked cod and veg.

After that if I need more then I eat Oppo ice cream (amazing natural sugar free low cal ice cream) or a Yoomoo lolly.

Around every two weeks I find myself having a one off terrible day of food. I'm trying to make that less frequent!

Littlebitshort Wed 20-Sep-17 13:09:10

I have to add i have a physical job and do lots of walking but no actual excersise, just active lifestyle (swimming, running around parks ect). Also will pig out at the weekend 😜

INeedToEat Wed 20-Sep-17 13:09:38

I would consider myself healthy and slim - though I don't know what I weigh. I'm size 10/12 and 5'11.

Very typical day for me is:
2 egg omelette with spinach, asparagus, onion, tomatoes and peppers - plus a sprinkle of cheese.

L: carrot, cucumber, pepper, celery, baby tomatoes and 1/2 an avacdo with hummus.

D: Chicken or Steak with tons of veg or salad.

I don't generally snack but if I do it's nuts, eggs or veg.

I do ocatrionally have a total chocolate day (usually before a period) where I might eat a KitKat or two 😔.

BurningOutNow Wed 20-Sep-17 13:10:28

Today:

Breakfast: hot cross bun with lots of butter

Lunch: salad of mozzarella, cucumber, sweetcorn, avocado and tomatoes dressed with lemon juice and olive oil. A few squares of lindt milk chocolate.

Dinner is going to be lentil and beef chilli with salad. No rice as I find the lentils fill me up without it.

Probably will have a yoghurt or something for pud or some more lindt

Am 5ft3, 9st.

HerRoyalChocolateBunny Wed 20-Sep-17 13:11:08

This is exactly what I am finding fascinating, thanks.

BurningOutNow Wed 20-Sep-17 13:11:13

Oh and I do no exercise besides walking. I try to get 10,000 steps a day but I'd stay I probably average around 8000 ATM.

Littlebitshort Wed 20-Sep-17 13:12:23

More to add, i generally stay away from fast food, eat small portions and cut out bread and potato as much as i can. Dont really eat pork, lamb (very fatty) and constantly looking at fat content in foods. Dont eat foods like lasagne, pies and swear by my skiw cooker 👍🏼

Littlebitshort Wed 20-Sep-17 13:13:16

Ahhhh slow cooker!!!

BurningOutNow Wed 20-Sep-17 13:13:26

I eat loads of carbs actually, today was a fairly low carb day for me.

Don't cut out any food. Just eat when I'm hungry and stop eating when full.

Lost 4st doing that and kept it off for 3 years.

AutoFillUsername Wed 20-Sep-17 13:14:26

Well done on stopping committing OP.

OK. I have a BMI of 20. I am a size 10-12 dress size and I think I'm reasonably healthy.

This is what I usually eat:

Breakfast: porridge with a cut up banana or other fruit. Coffee with semi skimmed milk.

Lunch: usually something like a large bowl of soup and a reasonably large sized plate of salad (not just lettuce salad, something interesting with things like roasted veg, feta maybe a grain like quinoa). I need to feel very full after lunch to stop snacking in the pm.

Dinner: almost always fish, chicken, lamb or omelette with salad. Salad maybe Greek salad, green salad with lots of different veg and bites. Very rarely any carb heavy food. Large portions.

I only drink two nights a week. One weekend night I will have a treat dinner like Indian takeaway.

If I have to snack I snack on nuts as they fill me up quickly.

I drink 2.5l of water a day.
It works for me but we are all different.

Ta1kinPeece Wed 20-Sep-17 13:15:50

OP
Join Myfitnesspal and just log what you eat,
do not attempt to change it in any way.

While you are there, I'm pretty sure you can see the food diaries of other posters (I don't remember making mine private as Talkinpeace)

that way you can get menu ideas and quietly watch what people actually do

eg last night, went out for curry.
DH and I had the set menu - which meant we ate a lot less and a better mix than if we'd chosen for ourselves

BTW I'm 52, 5'5 and 60kg

Schmoozer Wed 20-Sep-17 13:15:54

I'm BMI 23
Breakfast - peanut butter and jam on whole meal toast
2 hobnobs or a club biscuit or yoghurt mid morning
Lunch - salad with 4 falafels or beans or toast or ham salad wrap
With fruit
Midafternoon same as mid morning
Dinner - varies a lot but around 450 Cals
Biscuit with tea - evening snack
Regular eating very important to prevent overeating / binge eating
And excercise 3-4 times per week

Kelsoooo Wed 20-Sep-17 13:16:30

Breakfast: rarely eat a proper breakfast. Normally something I can grab and go, a small chocolate bar, protein bar etc. Something I can eat as I leave.

Lunch: sandwich at weekends, two slides of bread and cheese typically. And cheese spread. And marmite. yes I have awful taste in sandwiches

Dinner: protein of some kind (quorn or chicken usually) potatoe variant (sweet usually, they're as filling as normal but are a veg) or pasta with a vegetable based sauce, pasatta etc. Veg, peas swertcorn etc.

My main thing is, nothing comes out of a jar or packet. Ever. It's all made from scratch and I rarely spend longer than 15minutes prepping.

If I'm making a curry I literally mix spices, coconut milk and any veg I find in my veg draw - spinach, tomatoes, caugette etc.

Snack wise, of an evening I'll have chocolate or biscuits. During the day I might have a doughnut ( I work in a feild based role so rarely stop for lunch as that slows my day down)

I'm 5ft6 and weigh 8s 7lbs on an verage week.

This year I've lost 3stone through calorie restriction and extra walking and lifting. That's all I've done. The last two months I've not been calorie restricting, just maintained smaller portions and stopping eating the moment I feel full. After all I can always go back to the kitchen later.

MouseholeCat Wed 20-Sep-17 13:17:35

I'm 5ft 4, 8st so bmi 19.2. Weight is very consistent. Normal routine-

Breakfast- consistent through the week. Either porridge with chia seeds and banana, or yogurt, chia, oats and berries.

Lunch- varies but staples are:
Bean and tomato stew
Homemade mackerel pate on rye bread with crudites on the side
Sourdough with mashed avocado, chopped tomatoes, and poached egg

Dinner- varies quite a bit. Generally- 1 night healthy Mexican dish with lots of fresh veg and pulses, 1 chickpea curry, 1 pasta dish, 1 homemade pizza, 1 fish with potatoes and veg, 1 chicken or turkey with veg and a carb or bean side, 1 night of something a bit more special like steak or shellfish. We always have at least 3 veg servings with dinner.

Snacks- nuts, 1 portion of dried fruit daily, 2-3 portions of fresh fruit. Sweet stuff- a couple squares chocolate twice a week, pudding once a month. If there's cake at work I always have a slice- this is probably twice a month.

Drinks- 1 black coffee in the morning, herbal tea through the day, sparkling water with ice in the evening. No alcohol, no sweet drinks.

tocas Wed 20-Sep-17 13:17:47

I'm a size 10 , active job (on feet all day), gym a few times a week. Rarely drink unless out to dinner (once a weekish) / on holiday

Breakfast is alway porridge with a sprinkle of sugar or some chocolate (a square of)

Lunch - leftovers of evening meal if there is any or a salad with chicken/ tuna or occasionally a shop bought meal deal or sushi if out and about

Dinner - variable. Spag Bol/ chilli and rice/ breaded fish fillet with veg and potatoes or rice / baked potato with beans and cheese / curry with rice

Nearly always have a pudding with evening meal usually involving chocolate

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now