Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

If you enjoy massages, how often do you go?

(7 Posts)
AbsentmindedWoman Tue 19-Sep-17 21:35:23

And where do you get it done?

I had a massage for the first time a few weeks ago, as part of pain management. It was an aromatherapy massage, but the therapist said she included elements from different massage styles. I loved it and was really good, my muscles felt noticeably better for the next few days. Very happy with it, as tried shiatsu in the past and hated that!

I'm interested how often you go? I had planned to go every fortnight but that's not happening for several reasons.

Also, where do you get yours done? Mine was at a charity for people with long term health conditions, but I am keen to check out other avenues as well.

Finally, how much do you expect to pay for a good massage?

treaclesoda Tue 19-Sep-17 21:40:13

I go for a proper sports massage sometimes when my muscles are particularly tense, and I really feel the benefit. It costs me about £25 but it's in a dismal room at the back room of a gym, with a halogen heater in the corner and a roll of disposable paper towel on the massage table, so it's not a luxurious experience with fluffy towels and aromatherapy oils, hence the bargain price. But I feel about two inches taller afterwards.

AbsentmindedWoman Tue 19-Sep-17 21:48:24

Yes! Isn't it amazing Treaclesoda! I felt the same, all light and lithe and supple!

I'm a real convert.

AbsentmindedWoman Wed 20-Sep-17 10:00:11

No more massage fans out there?

FoodGloriousFud Wed 20-Sep-17 10:03:24

I have chronic back problems and go once a week. Absolutely love them

AbsentmindedWoman Wed 20-Sep-17 10:15:00

Ooh my upper back and shoulders are the zone that I found it really helpful for - are your back problems lower or upper?

Lonoxo Wed 20-Sep-17 15:35:07

They don't call it massage therapy for no reason. The mental boost is just as good as the physical benefits. If I could afford it, I would go once a month but at the moment, I think I can just about manage every 3 months. Aromatherapy if I want to relax, deep tissue if I have niggles that need sorting out. I like to go in the evening as it helps me sleep. I pay £45 for mine at the local parlour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now