Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Tonight I was Shouty Mum...

(10 Posts)
HelloCanYouHearMe Tue 19-Sep-17 20:29:12

and I feel so guilty.

DS(2) was refusing to go to sleep. It wasnt his fault as nursery had let him sleep too long, despite being repeatedly told that he needs to be awake by 130pm.

Everytime I left the room, he screamed blue murder. He wanted a blanket, not a sleeping bag... then he wanted his sleeping bag, then his blanket, then his bag etc...

He wouldnt lie down and every time i said "lie down please" or "close your eyes" the response was "Nooooooooooo"

And i ended up shouting.

My neighbours must think im a terrible parent. I think im a terrible parent... DS always plays up for me but goes to bed almost straight away for DP, my mum, DPs mum... My child hates me!!! sad

Shestolethewitchesredshoes Tue 19-Sep-17 20:30:26

Oh don't worry. You are fine and he'll be find in the morning. We've all had one of them days before. Go grab yourself a cuppa, pop the telly on and have a rest x

Winteriscomingneedmorewood Tue 19-Sep-17 20:30:29

Shouty dm may make him realise no more softy pants!!
If he can settle for everyone else he can for you. ...

HelloCanYouHearMe Tue 19-Sep-17 20:31:08

Ive grabbed myself a beer!

ThorsMistress Tue 19-Sep-17 20:31:43

It's the same here tonight too OP.
DS is currently crying in bed that he's not tired and will give me a million kisses if I let him have his tablet grin

HelloCanYouHearMe Tue 19-Sep-17 20:32:57

What am I doing wrong?! 7pm is late enough for bed for a 2yo isnt it?

VladmirsPoutine Tue 19-Sep-17 20:33:01

You're not a terrible parent. We all lose our shit from time to time and I can assure you, you will lose your shit again grin ... comes with the territory.

That said, if he can settle for others then he's just pulling your chain. It's ok once in a while.

Go have a glass of wine and relax. You're doing fine!

EvilDoctorBallerinaDuckKeidis Tue 19-Sep-17 20:33:38

I was shouty mum the first night DS2 was in a proper bed. He kept DD up until 10! We all have days/nights like that. flowers

HelloCanYouHearMe Tue 19-Sep-17 20:39:15

I'm not looking forward to the day he goes into a proper bed...

EvilDoctorBallerinaDuckKeidis Wed 20-Sep-17 04:26:49

The good news is that it did only last one night! He still keeps her awake by talking if he's not asleep or he's second in bed. I just tell DD to come in with me, 5 minutes later he's asleep! 😆

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now