Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Would you send your DC to preschool if... (Vomit related)

(15 Posts)
CakeBeTheFoodOfLove Tue 19-Sep-17 20:01:12

3yo DS has had a cold/chesty cough for just over a week. He has been dealing with it ok other than not having much of an appetite. He ate cheesy pasta with salmon, peas and carrots followed by a fruit smoothie and some chocolate pudding with cream. He was then sat at the table wobbling his belly around to make it slosh inside confused... Anyway, he had his bath as usual, then I brushed his teeth and he swallowed a mouthful of toothpaste while having a coughing fit, he was then ok for a couple of minutes but I could see he had gone green - this resulted in a toilet full of vomit a few minutes later. Should I keep him off preschool tomorrow even though I'm pretty sure it wasn't caused by anything contagious? He was as right as rain and perky as anything straight after.

CakeBeTheFoodOfLove Tue 19-Sep-17 20:02:08

This was just over an hour ago, he is fast asleep now.

DNAwrangler Tue 19-Sep-17 20:04:27

I'd send him in tbh, assuming there's no more vomiting.

SingingMySong Tue 19-Sep-17 20:06:31

Keep him home, sorry! You can never be pretty sure it's not a bug, bugs can happen on the day they've eaten cheese sauce, pudding, cream and smoothie in one sitting as well as on other days. I've been very confident it's a one off too, only to be thoroughly proved wrong the next day.

Hope he stays well.

CakeBeTheFoodOfLove Tue 19-Sep-17 20:29:58

If he is ok through the night and manages breakfast without any issues wouldn't it be alright to send him?

Iheartjordanknight Tue 19-Sep-17 20:32:05

Do you need him to go in for childcare or is he just going for the social side? For childcare yes he would go in, if childcare isn't needed if ask him tomorrow if he wants to go in or not because it's not really going to make much difference to anyone if he goes in or not

CakeBeTheFoodOfLove Tue 19-Sep-17 20:33:39

It's for childcare - I only work two days a week and if I don't go in I don't get paid sad

FloorOpenSwallow Tue 19-Sep-17 20:34:47

What Iheart said. Also factoring in how honest he is. Will the first thing he says be an announcement of how he vomited last night?

Iheartjordanknight Tue 19-Sep-17 20:36:15

In he goes then, assuming no more vomit

EvilDoctorBallerinaDuckKeidis Tue 19-Sep-17 20:37:00

I'd see how he is in the morning.

Bubblysqueak Tue 19-Sep-17 20:37:46

My nursery would accept him under those circumstances.

CakeBeTheFoodOfLove Tue 19-Sep-17 20:39:48

No he wouldn't say anything, I didn't make a big deal of it and he has been a refluxy child from the word go so he wouldn't think it very out of the ordinary!

FloorOpenSwallow Tue 19-Sep-17 20:42:25

Well as long as he seems 100% ok tomorrow, slept well etc I'd send him in.

BubblesBubblesBubbles Tue 19-Sep-17 20:45:42

Dc2 is asthmatic and gets horrible coughs so much he makes himself sick, and my childminder (who is fab) always lets me send dc2 if he's been sick due to coughing. I always send a message to say tho. It's very obvious if he's got a sticky bug.

I would see how you dc was in the morning and if no further sickness I'd probably send them in.

x2boys Tue 19-Sep-17 20:53:30

Yeah I would probably send him in there's a difference between coughing making you sick especially as he had just had his tea pand a tummy bug ds2 had a tummy bug last week he vomited several times during the night and wasent himself for a few days after.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now