Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Neighbours Post.

(54 Posts)
perrypausal Tue 19-Sep-17 18:46:22

I live in a Cul de sac and I work from home. I am the only one in most mornings. I am working! At home.

My immediate neighbours but a lot online and they receive parcels at least 3-4 days a week. As I'm the only person in they are usually left with me.

My issue is that they never ever come to collect them. I always end up taking them in to them. That's kinda irritating (once a parcel sat for 5 days before I gave in and took it in to them)

So on Saturday I had to take my son to Football and missed the postman. So when I got home I realised he took said parcel
Back to depot and I had to go collect it on Monday morning.

This morning postmans knock interrupted my work again and he had a parcel for next door. He said he was afraid to ask as they had refused to take my parcel on Saturday!

I took it anyway but im pissed off. In future I feel like refusing their parcels.

Allthebestnamesareused Tue 19-Sep-17 18:48:25

So they refused to take one in for you and you had to go to the depot???!!

Never accept any of theirs again! CFNs!

FaFoutis Tue 19-Sep-17 18:49:36

Refuse their parcels of course.

plantsitter Tue 19-Sep-17 18:50:50

Ooh you should've refused! Definitely don't take them any more - and tell them so, too, so they know it's not just because you're not in.

Fuckers.

BeyondThePage Tue 19-Sep-17 18:52:09

Refuse their parcels.

Or - what I do when cheesed off with too many parcels for next door - is go round to their house and say "There is a parcel for you at my house, can you come and get it please?", "Now would be good"

WhatwouldOliviaPopedo Tue 19-Sep-17 18:52:10

Refuse to take any more parcels! What CFN!

ChickenVindaloo2 Tue 19-Sep-17 18:53:05

I took it anyway

Why?

Aderyn17 Tue 19-Sep-17 18:53:13

So why did you take theirs? Do you have 'doormat' stamped on your head?

GeillisTheWitch Tue 19-Sep-17 18:53:48

Definitely stop taking theirs. They've made their bed, they can lie in it, no more favours from you.

ijustwannadance Tue 19-Sep-17 18:56:18

Refuse to take them in future.
There was one house in my old street I refused to take parcels for after I had one in my hall for almost 2 weeks.

SparklyMagpie Tue 19-Sep-17 18:58:28

So you took their parcel still?

I'm sorry but you should have stopped. Unless you tell them I have no sympathy

perrypausal Tue 19-Sep-17 22:12:53

I took it because I didn't want to look petty. I will not be taking them in future. I'm sick of them
Sitting in my hall. It's a standing joke that this is like the fecking local sorting office. At Christmas I can have parcels for 3 different people at a time.

Josiah Tue 19-Sep-17 22:20:28

If you do it regularly you could be at risk of being accused of stealing if one day someone's parcel doesn't turn up as they might think you took it in when you didn't. Not all couriers leave a card.

buckeejit Tue 19-Sep-17 22:26:13

Cheeky buggers. I'd take the bloody thing back to the sorting office & ask for a card to leave for them!

I'd actually knock on & ask why they didn't take your parcel & tell them there's one last to pick up for them at yours. Why are they shooting themselves in the foot? It doesn't make sense

perrypausal Wed 20-Sep-17 06:45:19

Buckeejit (loving ur name!!) they aren't very friendly neighbours. Don't speak to anyone in the street. Keep themselves to themselves.

x2boys Wed 20-Sep-17 06:54:47

Nah I wouldn't take it if they refuse to take yours it goes both ways I don't mind taking in my neighbours stuff but they take in mine too.

metalmum15 Wed 20-Sep-17 07:05:10

I used to have this exact same problem, word seemed to get around that we were the local sorting office and all manor of delivery men would ask us to take in parcels. I finally snapped when I had 4 uncollected parcels sitting in my hall for 4 different people. Now I say no to all but one house (who are actually friends ). It's very satisfying. People take the piss. If they can't be in then they should use a different address, an Amazon pick up point or just pick it up from the local post office. Don't feel guilty at saying no, they obviously didn't!

e1y1 Wed 20-Sep-17 07:22:27

Yes definitely stop taking their parcels from now on. You don't owe them anything, as they clearly don't think they owe you anything.

The current parcel I would be tempted to keep until they came to collect it (no matter how long it took) or even better; return it to sender.

but then I'm petty

What cheeky fuckwitts - angry for you.

AuntyEstablishment Wed 20-Sep-17 08:02:08

I think you were a bit silly to keep taking them when it was annoying you. No one was forcing you 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think it's ok to say that it's not convenient.

I think stopping just because they didn't take your would be petty as there may have been a good reason they couldn't take it in. However stopping because they don't come and collect their parcels and it's irritating you is a perfectly good reason.

ShotsFired Wed 20-Sep-17 08:20:59

I've told this story before, but anyway....I live on ShotsFired Road which also has a ShotsFired Avenue right round the corner (genius planning). I often get post for the Avenue, and would take it round straightaway as it is about a 3 minute walk, tops. I have met the lady there on several occasions by co-incidence.

I ordered a calendar which never arrived. Some weeks after the start of the year I gave up and the supplier kindly replaced it.

About a week after that, Avenue woman came round, saying she had been "too busy" to bring it round before now. It would have fitted through the letterbox and had quite obvious packaging to indicate what was inside.

I dread to think what else she has been "too busy" to ever give me, and I am not quite so prompt when I return her mail to her now...

liquidrevolution Wed 20-Sep-17 09:05:42

Just say no. In fact put a note on your door saying you are unable to accept parcels for neighbours.

On similar note to ShotsFired above my alternative address neighbour is very nice, always forwards post promptly and ended up being my daughters childminder for 3 years. Its a pity people arent always that nice!

GemmaCollinsBabes Wed 20-Sep-17 09:13:43

Now I would want to send them dozens of empty Jiffy bags.

LeninaCrowne Wed 20-Sep-17 09:18:31

You've taken in their packages and taken their stuff round countless times but they can't reciprocate even once.

Don't take their parcel round and don't accept any more - stuff 'em!

If the postman can take yours back to the depot he can take their stuff back as well.

ProfessorCat Wed 20-Sep-17 09:18:33

Keep the parcel you have now until they come and collect it. If it takes longer than two weeks, send it back to the post office.

I don't answer my door once the postman has been, unless I'm expecting someone. I used to take in parcels for next door, but after they refused to take in one of mine, I won't ever be doing it again.

liquidrevolution Wed 20-Sep-17 09:42:35

Just say no. In fact put a note on your door saying you are unable to accept parcels for neighbours.

On similar note to ShotsFired above my alternative address neighbour is very nice, always forwards post promptly and ended up being my daughters childminder for 3 years. Its a pity people arent always that nice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now