Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Good things about today

(61 Posts)
tunnocksagain Tue 19-Sep-17 18:19:48

Got any good things about today to share?

I was fairly obviously stressed on the school run this morning - EVERYTHING is going on this week - and when I got home from work this evening this was on my doorstep to cheer me up. From someone I don't even know that well smilesmile

Horsemad Tue 19-Sep-17 18:21:53

That is so nice! ☺️

My good thing about today was that Santander finally saw sense and did what they should have done a month ago...

DeadDoorpost Tue 19-Sep-17 18:23:30

I managed to get some extra sleep today.

BoogleMcGroogle Tue 19-Sep-17 18:28:18

I put on a nice dress and went to work. I've had to really scale back my work lately because of various family issues, and I remembered how much I enjoy it. I'm also really quite good at it.

And while I was out DH mended the kitchen tap.

No one made me a cake though. That would have rounded the day off nicely.

EsmeeMerlin Tue 19-Sep-17 18:31:59

It's been a good day here!
Had a midwife appointment this morning and all my blood results and tests came back fine.
My ds also has his first session at a school nursery tomorrow and i bought his uniform today (he only got a place yesterday) He looks very smart and very proud of himself he is going to a big boy's nursery as he calls it after 18 months at a private nursery.
My partner has also been offered a promotion!

useyourimagination Tue 19-Sep-17 18:32:19

I went for a general health check at the GP and it turns out I'm remarkably healthy after all!

NearLifeExperience Tue 19-Sep-17 18:32:26

DD finally got round to phoning. It's Freshers week for ber. She's had some problems, but is sounding so happy now. Also, got my broken tooth fixed, and I awoke this morning having had a wonderful, steamy dream about the gorgeous Jake Gyllenhaal!

Ilovewillow Tue 19-Sep-17 18:32:43

Ah that's lovely! My husband is coming home tonight from an overseas business trip, looking forward to seeing him!

millifiori Tue 19-Sep-17 18:34:46

How lovely, OP. Nice person you need to get to know better!

I had a good day at work, really enjoying a new project. And made a risotto that went down well. And planned a day out with an old friend I've not seen in months.

Great thread.

Pennywhistle Tue 19-Sep-17 18:36:20

Got my hair done in a new style. It's lovely and I've been swishing around feeling great.

maddiemookins16mum Tue 19-Sep-17 18:37:24

My (very floofy) cat has managed to clean her own arse so I don't have to.
DD is in a happy mood (she's 13), just me and her this week as DP away and sometimes we annoy each other. I think chicken kievs for tea helped.
I get paid on the 21st, am expecting 2.2k (take home), probably the most I've earned in a month for 8 years. I'm booking a Christmas Market Easyjet break in Vienna for me and DP (DD would hate it and it's only 2 nights). Cannot wait.
DMIL called for a chat, love her sooo much, I've been stressed with something the last few days and she used the F word which made us both laugh as she's quite polite normally but she felt my pain.
Oh and it's Caramel week on GBBO.

OffcialMalbecTaster Tue 19-Sep-17 18:38:44

DP took me for cocktails after work gringrin

maddiemookins16mum Tue 19-Sep-17 18:39:39

We need more of these threads on MN.

RiversrunWoodville Tue 19-Sep-17 18:39:47

Dd1 completed her written homework with no tantrum and very little help. She is dyslexic and very close to a dyspraxia diagnosis and for her this is huge

PinkHeart5913 Tue 19-Sep-17 18:40:03

The rabbit has forgiven us for going in holiday and putting her in the bunny hotel, she has stopped chewing my house & plants and she's being cute again

DS is feeling better and eating, he keeps asking for more toast. Hate it when dc are poorly

We've got curry for dinner

AmethystRaven Tue 19-Sep-17 18:42:55

It didn't rain at 9am or 3pm grin but it was cool enough this morning to test out my wrist warmers I crocheted that I am very proud of. Lovely toasty hands.

Jealous of the Jake dream, my last sex dream was Jimmy bloody Carr. Why, brain, why?!

Winteriscomingneedmorewood Tue 19-Sep-17 18:43:08

To my ds I am a legend.
Just paid £££ for him some new trainers!
Shoulder massage and head rub for me later me thinks!!

fourquenelles Tue 19-Sep-17 18:47:15

I put together an IKEA Knopparp sofa all by myself despite the instructions being very hard to follow and no real time video on Youtube anywhere.
To celebrate I ate a tub of B&J's Sofa Icecream.

Timefortea99 Tue 19-Sep-17 18:48:40

Haven't had time to listen to any music for ages so played lots of Kate Bush records. Love her and her music, put me in a good place.

FaFoutis Tue 19-Sep-17 18:52:25

It was actually quiet in my garden for the first time in months. I sat in sunshine and silence.

NearLifeExperience Tue 19-Sep-17 18:59:08

That's the thing, Amethyst our brains so often give us rubbish/weird/cringey dreams, so mine was really treating me for once!

Lovely thread OPsmile

Devonishome1 Tue 19-Sep-17 19:11:35

It's always good when it's time to go home after a busy day at work!

Toast195 Tue 19-Sep-17 19:20:38

I have had two customers email my manager and headoffice about my amazing customer service.

Felt good as normaly people never praise the good stuff only complain about stuff .

retainertrainer Tue 19-Sep-17 19:43:04

I cooked the most delicious roast pork with all the trimmings and DS came home from school happy.

everyonesgotanopinion Tue 19-Sep-17 19:55:21

I had a phone call with my sister. Reminded me how much I love her and how important it is to stay in touch with each other.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now