Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

At what point would you test if your cycle was like this?

(36 Posts)
weaselwomble Mon 18-Sep-17 17:48:44

23, 27,28,25, 24
My periods don't really have a cycle. My last periods have been - 23,27,28,25,24 days between start to start if that makes sense? Before that they were much shorter cycles - basically they can be anywhere between 18 and 28 days.
So today is 28 days since my last period and no signs of it coming soon. When would you test? I never know and when it seems late (in my head) I half convince myself I might be and then I'm disappointed when it turns up the next day. Tomorrow would be too soon right?

weaselwomble Mon 18-Sep-17 17:49:39

Sorry, ignore the numbers at the top - I was writing them out so I wouldn't forget, meant to delete them grin

TheNewMrs Mon 18-Sep-17 17:52:45

I would have always said leave it until after the time that has previously been your longest cycle.
So if your longest has been 28 days, and today is 28, you could do FRER with FMU tomorrow. If it's a BFP - great! If not I would probably say leave it 2-3 days and if no sign of AF then do another smile good luck! Let me know how you get on.

BoredOnMatLeave Mon 18-Sep-17 17:54:26

Mine used to be like this. My longest was 30 days and i tested on day 33 as I felt by then I would have had one.

weaselwomble Mon 18-Sep-17 17:55:11

Thank you. We are not actively trying but a baby would be welcome and wanted.
Can I ask what FRER and FMU are? blush

lljkk Mon 18-Sep-17 17:59:03

Day 30 at earliest. Day 40 maybe.

TheNewMrs Mon 18-Sep-17 18:23:29

Whoops sorry!

FRER - First response test, nice and reliable if you're potentially testing early (try and avoid blue dye tests, notorious for evap lines)

FMU - first morning urine/first wee of the day grin when its most concentrated and more like to give a reliable result (again moreso if you're testing early)

weaselwomble Mon 18-Sep-17 18:34:20

Thank you. I should have worked those out tbf.
So frustrating. My periods used to be like clockwork until I went on the bloody pill.

TheNewMrs Mon 18-Sep-17 18:51:15

Try not to be disheartened weasel, they do say it can take up to a year for your body to get back into its natural rhythm. Hopefully it will happen for you soon smile

Aph413 Mon 18-Sep-17 18:53:52

I say test first thing tomorrow and then maybe a week after if still no sign

weaselwomble Mon 18-Sep-17 21:07:48

TheNewMrs it's been three grin

TheNewMrs Tue 19-Sep-17 08:12:46

Oh I'm sorry weasel I assumed you'd only been off the pill 5/6 months going by those dates!
I have very little knowledge regarding TTC with irregular cycles - hopefully this is it for you though smile have you tested?

weaselwomble Tue 19-Sep-17 16:56:03

Don't be sorry, I found it funny.
I think you probably know more than me so thank you for your replies.
No I haven't tested yet, I didn't finish work until 1am last night so haven't got round to buying one yet. I think I'm going to give it until tomorrow.
Sorry for TMI but I thought I could smell it coming last night (that's a thing right? confused) so thought AF would be here this morning but still no sign.

NotQuiteJustYet Tue 19-Sep-17 22:35:40

Do you know when you ovulated this cycle? I would always expect AF to show up about 14 days after ovulation.

I have an irregular cycle too so used charting to establish ovulation and subsequently when AF would be due: as a bonus, we fell pregnant on month 2 of trying to conceive.

TheNewMrs Wed 20-Sep-17 10:22:29

Any sign of AF yet weasel?

weaselwomble Wed 20-Sep-17 17:56:17

Unfortunately not NotQuite. As I said we are not in the "trying" frame of mind if you get me, so I don't really pay much attention if I'm honest. Although I did have clear discharge and a bit of a temperature spike around the time we had sex (on holiday so a bit more than usual grin).
No sign yet Mrs thank you for asking. DH has picked up some tests finally but I guess its not worth doing until tomorrow now?
It's strange. This is the longest cycle ever so more likely that I actually am pregnant and now I'm really nervous. I'm hoping that's normal?

McTufty Wed 20-Sep-17 17:59:18

Definitely wait till tomorrow. I had a negative test or evening and a positive the next morning, it really does make a difference! Let us know good luck!!

weaselwomble Wed 20-Sep-17 18:11:57

Will wait then. Thank you

MrsPear Wed 20-Sep-17 18:38:24

Sounds like a good cycle with a spike and lots of holiday sex - good luck and I hope you get the positive.

weaselwomble Wed 20-Sep-17 18:51:52

Thanks you MrsPear (love your name, is that from something?)

weaselwomble Thu 21-Sep-17 01:30:24

Hope nobody minds me talking. DH is asleep so I've no one to talk to.
I have passed some grey, tissue like discharge. I'm hoping it's nothing and not what google is telling me it is.

sykadelic Thu 21-Sep-17 02:40:29

What is google telling you it is?

My period was a couple days late this month and I passed bits of uterine lining, killer cramps too.

weaselwomble Thu 21-Sep-17 02:51:50

There was a stupid bloody website saying it could be an early miscarriage. I've read some more since saying it's just normal discharge. Ignore me. Thanks for replying

weaselwomble Thu 21-Sep-17 02:53:29

Also...grin

WooWooChooChoo Thu 21-Sep-17 04:13:36

Congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now