Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Can you plan my day for me?

(18 Posts)
IAmBreakmasterCylinder Sun 17-Sep-17 18:18:33

I know this is a ludicrous problem but I am driving myself mad and will end up wasting the day.

Next Saturday I have got a whole day and the house to myself. DH and 2 DCs are up and out by 6.30am for day out and won't be back until 9-10pm.

I work FT in the week so am looking forward to a nice day.

My criteria are:

I don't want to spend a fortune and no shopping.
I don't want to cook at all.
I will need to fit in a quick Aldi shop and stick some washing on but no other chores will need doing.
I want at least part of the day to include sitting in the best spot on the sofa watching a film.
I don't like spas, mani pedi type stuff. I don't need a hair cut.
I boringly don't have any particular hobbies other than reading.

I live on the South Coast not far from Brighton. I love art and history.

What would you do with a day to yourself?

JennyHolzersGhost Sun 17-Sep-17 18:20:07

I'd get the chores out of the way first. Then the rest would depend on my priorities - do you want to get out of the hous, spend time enjoying the peace and quiet of the house, catch up on exercise/fitness, catch up with friends ... ?!

Changerofname987654321 Sun 17-Sep-17 18:21:21

Go to a museum or an art gallery.

Hunkle Sun 17-Sep-17 18:21:48

Firstly - you MUST put the washing on Friday night & hang it up on Saturday morning. You dont want to be hanging around for it to finish.

Secondly you MUST do a Tesco Click & Collect for Friday p.m or Saturday a.m, usually a £1 charge.

You can then totally forget Aldi/Lidl on your day off.

fucksakefay Sun 17-Sep-17 18:23:08

I'd do the chores then have a complete sofa / reading in bed all day without guilt, and order take away.

IAmBreakmasterCylinder Sun 17-Sep-17 18:23:28

I would like to get out of the house for a bit. I enjoy being be by myself other than being out and about. No plans to meet friends as I catch up witht them pretty regularly.

Sorry I'm being vague!

LiveLifeWithPassion Sun 17-Sep-17 18:27:10

I would do the wash the night before if you can.
look up any nearby art or museums that you might be interested. Check out exhibitions.
Head out there in the morning. Take your book. Have lunch out somewhere nice.
Aldi shop on the way home. Pick up bits you can eat and drink while watching a film in the evening.

JennyHolzersGhost Sun 17-Sep-17 18:35:08

Ok so you want an art or history related trip out somewhere near Brighton ?
Do you drive ? How about visiting one of the amazing country houses in Kent or Sussex? Partic good if you go for one with a lovely garden too.

For something more urban or if you'll be travelling by train, how about going in to London for the day and visiting a load of galleries, plus having a posh lunch and a glass of wine somewhere ?

BackieJerkhart Sun 17-Sep-17 18:36:29

I will need to fit in a quick Aldi shop and stick some washing on but no other chores will need doing.

I would fit those in on Friday evening.

pigeondujour Sun 17-Sep-17 19:35:53

I would do minimal chores and Aldi if absolutely necessary then all day on the sofa. Delicious, spend-free fun.

IAmBreakmasterCylinder Sun 17-Sep-17 23:16:24

Thanks for all your suggestions. DH is going to do Aldi on Friday night. So I am torn between a sofa day and a country house/garden.

I might wait and see what the weather is like.

I will have a contingency for rain or shine!

Thanks again.

BackieJerkhart Sun 17-Sep-17 23:30:59

I have started reading how to do everything and be happy. One of the suggestions in the book is to schedule in a "Boxing Day" around once a month. (The guy calls it Boxing Day but you can call it whatever you like) the idea being that on that day you plan nothing and do exactly what you fancy doing in the moment. Eat what you feel like eating, watch what you like, go where you like. You can even work if that's exactly what you fancy doing. You're supposed to have the day to yourself, no partners or children to think about. Sounds like you have a Boxing Day lined up. I'm jealous grin

RosemaryHoight Sun 17-Sep-17 23:35:40

I like a day wandering around Lewes or Rye.

How about make your bed so it's all nice and clean and spend the day in bed? Have a lovely time.

Pixiedown123 Sun 17-Sep-17 23:41:38

I recently had a yoga retreat at home day. If you don't yoga some will still work. I did morning yoga (see YouTube yoga with Adrienne) breakfast, a nature walk, lunch , some charity work, meditation and pranayama , bath and dinner

IAmBreakmasterCylinder Sat 23-Sep-17 11:29:55

Hi all - if anyone's interested the day is here!

By a stroke of luck, I managed to get the day off yesterday as well so all boring stuff done and house looks all clean and nice, fridge is full. No chores to do.

I have come in to work for a couple of hours which might seem strange but has allowed me to catch right up after a manic few weeks (I can get loads more done when nobody else is here) and I now feel nice and realxed and can forget about work. I am about to head into Brighton. I have booked my ticket for the Royal Pavillion and am really looking forward to it. I am then going to have a massively unhealthy lunch in a restaurant that I found online. They serve Poutine which I have always wanted to try!!

I am then going to the Lanes to try and find my BF a nice Birthday present. Then I am heading home to put on my PJs and I have got a list of films lined up so I can choose whichever one I feel in the mood for.

I have got some yummy cheeses, olives, dips for dinner and will stop off for crusty bread at some point and of course there's wine chilling in the fridge.

I am happy and relaxed and looking forward to a lovely day. The sun might even come out!!

Thanks for all your suggestions - hope you are all doing something nice flowers

Lovemysofa Sat 23-Sep-17 11:38:13

Sounds blissful-enjoy!smile

RosemaryHoight Sun 24-Sep-17 01:48:36

How nice. Hope it goes well with the baby.

oldlaundbooth Sun 24-Sep-17 02:16:03

Enjoy the Poutine! It's basically chips, gravy and cheese grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now