Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Neighbour nicknames

(163 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

m4rdybum Wed 13-Sep-17 11:47:23

As we live in an age where no-one talks to their neighbours anymore, me and my DH have had to make up nicknames for people in our street when we're referring to them (not to their faces!) - anyone else do this?

My personal faves are 'one can man', 'bag of bones' and the oh-so-imaginative.... 'baldy'.

There's also the mysterious 'man who never wears a coat'.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Wed 13-Sep-17 11:51:35

This has got me thinking. How many of us are walking aroung with nicknames we dont know we've got

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Wed 13-Sep-17 11:54:27

Yep, although not as imaginative as yours. We have 'driving instructor man', 'disabled lady', 'dodgy family where the police are always outside'. We also have our ndns but we know them so use their names apart from the woman next doors new boyfriend who we call 'squeaky' because his voice is high pitched.

SumThucker Wed 13-Sep-17 11:55:42

Haha, indeed Awwlookgrin

We also have nicknames for the neighbours.

Germgirl Wed 13-Sep-17 11:56:21

Next door we have Hat, Mrs Hat and Hat's Son
Hat wears a hat, all the time. I don't think I've ever seen him with one.
At my last house two doors down were known as the Washers due to their bizarre habit of leaving their washing on the line for weeks on end, through snow and rain.
When I first moved in with my ex our upstairs neighbour was known as Cunt because he was one. A total one.

BAR91 Wed 13-Sep-17 11:58:43

Mr and Mrs Pissface plus daughter pissface one side.

And Mrs Drunk with Mrs Vomit the other side. Two ladies both heavy drinkers, one vomits at 10am every morning. They also batter each other. Lovely. Rented house in an otherwise lovely area, rented to anyone who will pay it. Had some interesting neighbours over the years 😂.

IHaveBrilloHair Wed 13-Sep-17 11:59:37

Mr Bin cuts my hedge,
Mrs skank and her skanky kids piss me off constantly.
The small dog is called yippity snippity
No idea what they call me, but I've over heart various neighbours saying I stole my house, get too many deliveries and own too many pairs of shoes.

CrankyTheCrane Wed 13-Sep-17 11:59:40

In our close we have Mr Probably An Accountant and The Never Been To Cornwalls (the one conversation we've ever had with them. Our previous neighbour was Mr Mowy McMowsalot

ProfessorCat Wed 13-Sep-17 12:02:38

We have dumb and dumber directly next door, The guy who chops wood to avoid the Mrs across the road, Cat Man next to him and Aren't your cars fixed by now the other side. He's been working on 5 different cars since we moved in 4 years ago, but they never move.

Our next door neighbours the other side are Sir Shouts-a-lot and Dame Screech. Oh there's a Window Dog too who is very cute.

Tigerlovingall Wed 13-Sep-17 12:08:41

Always have, always will grin
Moved recently, and my neighbours are The DIvine One (elderly gent with impeccable manners and so,so helpful - he's a nonogenarian and I'm starting to see the attraction of the 'older man' ) winkgrin
And then there's The Town Crier.....well, saves on buying a village newspaper but I reckon her 'news' is as reliable as that in the Daily Fail.

FatBottomedGal Wed 13-Sep-17 12:24:08

There used to be an elderly couple who lived opposite our family home - the wife always had her hair up in a bun, so she was called Mrs Haircut and he was Mr Haircut. Our NDNs were called Mr&Mrs Fun because they were possibly the most boring people we'd ever met.

Dread to think what they called us...

Tigerlovingall Wed 13-Sep-17 12:27:08

Ooh, PegLeg Pat's just come knocking. Here, it's a good blowing day and she wants to 'borrow' some pegs. She always wants to 'borrow' clothes pegs....
And her names Pat

Nomoresunshine Wed 13-Sep-17 12:28:53

My df had neighbours who had allsorts in through garden, prams, bikes, wood, get the idea?
Df called them The Clampets '
One day Mr Clampet knocked for df and I announced his arrival. Loudly. Except he wasn't really Mr Clampet.

WhooshYeah Wed 13-Sep-17 12:31:00

"Eyebrows"
(He has massive bushy eyebrows)

"50 kids"
(She seems to constantly be having children)

"Bin wanker/ bin bitch"
(As soon as the bins are emptied she drags out stretch of streets in except our house and we don't know why)

longdaysandpleasantnights Wed 13-Sep-17 12:33:16

When I lived with my parents we had 'Judge Dredd' as in "I am the law", he was in charge of Neighbourhood Watch and took it very seriously!

LaurieFairyCake Wed 13-Sep-17 12:33:27

'That guy with cocaine on his nose'

'Bsd - big swinging dick' (a guy in a pinstripe suit)

Decemberqueen Wed 13-Sep-17 12:34:41

I talk to some of mine but don't know all their names. Next door are 'The Gardeners' as they are always out doing their garden. Then there's 'Er Opposite' who's married to 'Mr Darcy'. I like her and talk to her. Lately 'Cackling Woman' has moved around the corner and likes Sunday afternoon parties. Then there's 'She Drives Her Kids The 5 Minute Walk To School.'

PJBanana Wed 13-Sep-17 12:36:08

Thumper lives next door to us (no explanation needed).

We also have Posh & Becks and The Man Who's Always Topless.

Snorktastic Wed 13-Sep-17 12:38:54

Anyone else click on this thread hoping (not) to recognise themselves? Oh just me then hmm

MoonfaceAndSilky Wed 13-Sep-17 12:46:04

Ha, this has just reminded me of when I was a kid and our next door but one neighbours were 'the roughs' grin

Tika77 Wed 13-Sep-17 12:54:01

Only for the ones we don't get on with.... Blob and Sour Face next door.

amousehaseatenmypaddlingpool Wed 13-Sep-17 12:59:54

We know the names of everyone but we still have;

Angry J
Knobber T
Parking Monitor
The pilot
James Bond

I'm sure they call me Mrs. Shouty, although I have no evidence of this. grin

ProfessorCat Wed 13-Sep-17 13:02:57

@Tika77

We had a Sour Face too, until we moved!

Cakeycakecake Wed 13-Sep-17 13:03:57

Scuzzy boris. Oh gawd that family. Ugh. Fish wives.
'Her across the road' (she's very nice I asked her name 5yrs ago and forgot it instantly and been too embarrassed to ask since. She always avoids using my name too though. Reckon she's forgotten too 😂

Wishfulmakeupping Wed 13-Sep-17 13:08:09

The young ones across the road
Next to us is 'that daft cow'
Other side 'verrryyy expensive' every conversation will involve at least 3 references to things she has done that we should try and save up to do 😂
The rough ones
Posh and becks

Dread to think what they call me should imagine it involves being a stuck up cow though! 😂

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now