Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Just found a woman in my living room!

(89 Posts)
Winelover93 Tue 12-Sep-17 06:32:03

I'm so stupid and forgot to lock my front door last night. I live in flats there is two on each floor.
She was meant to go into next doors flat but they wouldn't let her.
She looked high and had a can of beer in her hand!

I'm so shaken up I didn't have a clue who it was sad

INeedNewShoes Tue 12-Sep-17 06:42:25

Wow. That would scare the hell out of me! Has she gone?

You'll never forget to lock your door again!

PutThatPomBearBack Tue 12-Sep-17 06:43:22

How did you get her to leave?

Winelover93 Tue 12-Sep-17 06:46:07

Yes she's gone and took my biscuits along with her!

She kept apologising she thought it was her friends house.

I know I will never forget again! I feel bloody awful I thought I was being burgled and my lo was crying.

OliviaStabler Tue 12-Sep-17 06:47:32

Poor you flowers Must have been a fright.

IfyouseeRitaMoreno Tue 12-Sep-17 06:48:32

How did she think it was her friend's house when her friend wouldn't let her in?

TSSDNCOP Tue 12-Sep-17 07:09:55

If I think the can of beer might be the answer you're looking for. Crikey though OP, good job she was compliant. I imagine it was quite a shock.

RonSwansonsMoustache Tue 12-Sep-17 07:43:06

How did she think it was her friend's house when her friend wouldn't let her in?

Does the fact that she was high and drunk not answer that question?!

That must have been terrifying OP. I hope you're okay flowers

Winelover93 Tue 12-Sep-17 07:50:41

'm fine now thank you!
more upset at the fact she took my favourite biscuits wink
Going to report it to the landlord though it's not acceptable really.

Josiah Tue 12-Sep-17 08:58:30

That's awful, I'm so glad I have dogs! They wouldn't attack but they would bark and warn me!

Hope you're ok, I would have hated that to have happened to me. You handled it very well.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Tue 12-Sep-17 08:59:36

((((((((((((((())))))))))))). I'd have gone hysterical and laid an egg.
Whether you locked the door or not doesn't come into it. No one has any right to just walk into your home and plonk themselves down.
Did you go in and she was just staring out at you.

Singap0reSling Tue 12-Sep-17 09:04:52

What's it got to do with your landlord?!

You said that you had failed to lock your door; you implied the woman was drunk/incapacitated - what fault has your landlord committed? Really curious to know...

Shame about the shock and biscuits though.

AdalindSchade Tue 12-Sep-17 09:06:31

Why are you going to tell the landlies es? confused

Clapslap Tue 12-Sep-17 09:06:36

Report what to your landlord? That you leave their property unsecured? Yeah good idea

AdalindSchade Tue 12-Sep-17 09:06:48

Landlord

Bluntness100 Tue 12-Sep-17 09:07:56

I don't see how it's the landlords fault or anything to do with him, you forgot to lock the door and some drunk/high woman walked in. hmm

Honestly if I was your landlord I'd think you were slightly deranged and tell you to lock your door at night.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Tue 12-Sep-17 09:08:41

Fantastic more victim blaming.

JonSnowsWhore Tue 12-Sep-17 09:09:21

Maybe she means report the other tenants to her landlord for having random drunk/high people wandering in & out of the building at all hours? I know I would!

LilaoftheGreenwood Tue 12-Sep-17 09:10:38

It's perfectly reasonable to report dodgy characters hanging around trying to gain access to people's flats to a landlord, why is everyone being so hmm about it? It matters because it's associated with another tenant. For all the OP knows there could have been complaints about the other tenant's high drunk mates already.

highinthesky Tue 12-Sep-17 09:10:44

It's a lesson learned and a mistake you won't make twice.

PetitFilous123 Tue 12-Sep-17 09:11:45

That sounds a bit frightening!

You need to remember to lock your door though, especially with a LO in the house.

BE careful!!

becotide Tue 12-Sep-17 09:13:16

deep breath! Could have been much worse. She sounds relatively harmless and you've only lost your biscuits.

Now go and get a dead bot fixed.

LilaoftheGreenwood Tue 12-Sep-17 09:13:28

To put it another way, if OP had remembered to lock the door and had been woken up by this woman rattling and banging and trying to get in, she'd still report it to the landlord and be right to. The fact that she forgot to lock the door is immaterial here, it's about whether the company other tenants are keeping is safe for everybody.

Anyway biscuit theft is heinous. angry

WindyWednesday Tue 12-Sep-17 09:13:36

If it's a block of flats then presumably someone let her into the front door. Most I know are locked and you need to gain access from someone inside.

This is probably where the landlord needs to be aware of random people inside the block, nothing to prevent someone living in the stairwell etc if it's unlocked.

Also OP shouldn't have to always keep her door locked, in the day she might be popping in and out and she has the right to feel safe in her home without someone high on drugs entering the building.

BastardGoDarkly Tue 12-Sep-17 09:17:10

How did she get hold of your biscuits?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now