Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Skin crawling on hand, please help!

(12 Posts)
SparklyMagpie Wed 23-Aug-17 17:30:09

Ok this might sound weird but for the last 4ish days i've had, what i can only describe as the sensation of a fly or bug crawling on a tiny circle of my right hand

Never experienced this before

Anybody have any ideas what it could be?theres nothing there, no markings etc

Got an appointment booked in a couple of weeks as ive not been feeling great

Not been away/on holiday either

Thanks in advance x

formerbabe Wed 23-Aug-17 17:54:30

I had that once...it was weird. No idea what happened or why though!

SparklyMagpie Wed 23-Aug-17 18:31:04

Thanks formerbabe its so random an can't think of a reason for it. Do you know how long it lasted?

formerbabe Wed 23-Aug-17 20:35:30

Only a couple of days and it was years and years ago...I completely forgot about it till I read your thread!

Josiah Wed 23-Aug-17 20:46:48

Hopefully not a scarab beetle as in the film The Mummy.

I get a tingling in one of the fingers in my left hand sometimes. It is most likely caused by nerve endings or pressure on nerves.

Could be the way you sleep and you've pressed on a nerve?

If it persists get it checked out as tingling in the hands could be a sign of MS.

SparklyMagpie Wed 23-Aug-17 20:54:10

Oh god i hope not grin

I suppose it could be how im sleeping although i'm suffering from insomnia the last couple of weeks

Like i said got a GP app coming up soon so shall definitely mention it if it hasn't gone by then.

Definitely no tingling,itching etc, literally feels like a small bug has landed on my hand just in a tiny spot,very strange

Thanks for the comments smile

Gingernaut Wed 23-Aug-17 20:56:16

How old are yoou, OP. Menopause age?

Wiki link to formication

SparklyMagpie Wed 23-Aug-17 21:00:07

I'm 26 x

BamburyFuriou3 Wed 23-Aug-17 21:02:29

Is it on the palm or back? I get tickling sensations just before I get a pomphylux blister.

NapQueen Wed 23-Aug-17 21:04:50

Ginger my skin always feels as though its crawling with something. Ive just read that link and scared myself!

Gingernaut Wed 23-Aug-17 21:19:26

Yeah. Menopause or static electricity seem to be the only relatively benign causes of it. confused

SparklyMagpie Wed 23-Aug-17 21:33:50

Bambury its on the back, only on a space not far from.my thumb around the size of a penny

Yes the only thing i could find,although struggled how to phrase it, was static electricity or menopause

I will definitely update when ive seen the GP with what she says smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now