Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Why did I wash the bedding!! Oh why

(64 Posts)
Foreverhopeful22 Wed 23-Aug-17 16:23:25

Super king sized bed and bedding! I'm hot and bothered and now fighting with duvet

Do I really need to put cover on or can I just burn it!

I'm thinking of sleeping on sofa! And getting two single beds!

Stupid stupid stupid

StillStayingClassySanDiego Wed 23-Aug-17 16:24:55

What's the problem?

Super king here and it's no bother.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Wed 23-Aug-17 16:25:16

That's not meant to sound snippy, btw.

Redredredrose Wed 23-Aug-17 16:26:11

Are you using the old inside out duvet cover trick?

koalab Wed 23-Aug-17 16:29:13

I have to delegate bed making to my DP. I find putting quilt covers on to be one of the most stressful things in life (I feel I should point out I'm being lighthearted).

clairethewitch70 Wed 23-Aug-17 16:29:26

I have the bed from hell to change. I have a motorised bed due to disabilities, so it is 2 small single mattresses on a king size sleigh bed frame with king size duvet. Each mattress has to be turned upside down and the secured with suspender like things so when the bed is risen the bedding don't come off. It is hellish and I need a lay down after completing. Luckily I have a sweetheart DH who does it almost all of the time. I put it off a long as possible. Gone are the days I could do all family beds in one go. sad

RedSandYellowSand Wed 23-Aug-17 16:29:44

No use for tonight, but we have a stupid large bed in this house, with 2 duvets on it. Mainly cause DH is still sleeping under a 12 tog, but it also helps with cganging sheets.

DancesWithOtters Wed 23-Aug-17 16:31:06

Put clothes pegs on the corners of the duvet cover/duvet to keep it in place when you're trying to put it on.

listsandbudgets Wed 23-Aug-17 16:32:47

Umm have you never changed a duvet cover before.

Turn duvet cover inside out - find the top corners (follow the seams if you have to) grab corners of duvet through duvet cover and shake duvet should be about half to 3/4 covered. Now find bottom corners of cover and insert bottom corners of duvet and shake again - do up clips and make bed.

Not that hard but I've got in a tangle before now which I suspect is what's happenend to you grin

thatorchidmoment Wed 23-Aug-17 16:34:15

Try this technique for putting the cover on: saves all the flapping about!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=c1IzS2oBBN0

pnutter Wed 23-Aug-17 16:35:59

Im 46 and cant do duvet covers . They give me the rage. Sorry i cant be more helpful.

hellsbellsmelons Wed 23-Aug-17 16:36:11

I don't think it works but you might be OK with it
HERE

And Holly and Phil can do it HERE

Foreverhopeful22 Wed 23-Aug-17 16:36:40

I just shove it in and shake and hope for the best which means all the duvet ends up in one area. Not tried the YouTube video gonna try that

I shaken it so much I've wet myself going to get another Tena on and try again. My drink some wine first

abbey44 Wed 23-Aug-17 16:37:30

I hate changing my superking duvet cover & sheet too - I have a large and energetic Weimaraner who loves to 'help'. I can't even shut her out of the room while I'm doing it as she can open the bloody door herself.

I know, it's no help, but you're not alone...

DancesWithOtters Wed 23-Aug-17 16:37:56

grin ^^

Ridingthegravytrain Wed 23-Aug-17 16:39:41

I've just left our super king stuff on the bed for my husband to do wen he gets home! I can't even lift the mattress to tuck the sheets in grin

Macncheesewithbacon Wed 23-Aug-17 16:46:40

I have to do it stood on the bed and I use the inside out trick. Now DS is taller than me I bribe him to do all the beds. It makes me sweaty and stressed out too. Maybe you should just burn it. grin

UrbanSausages Wed 23-Aug-17 16:48:31

I nearly always 'forget' to put the duvet cover back on and DH ends up doing his flippy, flappy, shaky magic thing when we go up to bed...not a euphemism.

Bluntness100 Wed 23-Aug-17 16:49:52

I have a superking, it's not that hard. You put the top corners of the quilt into the top corners of the duvet then pull the cover down, put the bottom two corners of the quilt into the bottom two corners of the duvet, then fasten and shake out. Job done.

IfYouGoDownToTheWoodsToday Wed 23-Aug-17 16:50:54

We have a super king too and I can't do it on my own short arse
Dh and I do it together- bottom sheet, six pillows don't ask and duvet cover, takes two minutes with two people.

Fairylea Wed 23-Aug-17 16:51:06

I do the same as Bluntness. grin

IfYouGoDownToTheWoodsToday Wed 23-Aug-17 16:52:10

Bluntness that's the method we use too. Very simple!

I don't get the whole turning the cover inside out thing, seems like more faff to me.

Lweji Wed 23-Aug-17 16:55:08

Put it in and secure the corners or at least one side (either with hands or pins, or clothes pegs), then shake it down.

QuackDuckQuack Wed 23-Aug-17 16:57:02

Somewhat related, there's a video showing how to fold a fitted sheet here. I love the video because of the introduction, "One of the biggest challenges you're going to face in your life is how to fold a fitted sheet". I only wish that was true for most people!

Justabadwife Wed 23-Aug-17 16:58:23

DH does the beds here too. Dds got a mid sleeper against the wall and i cant for the life of me put sheets on it properly. 😂 i can do the duvet cover though, and our bed seems to have the heaviest duvet possible 🤔 so DH will come and do that as well. 😃

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now