Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Nut Allergies

(6 Posts)
IAmPhilDunphy Tue 22-Aug-17 21:00:14

Has anybody seen that poor woman on This Morning who suffered anaphylactic shock?

I just watched a video on facebook and unsure how to link but, bloody hell its awfulsad.

It just got me to thinking how many people dont understand the severity of the allergy. Nut and other allergies are common in my family my grandmother was allergic to nuts and I have two cousins that I used to spend a lot of time with who are allergic so I was taught from early on about just how severe it can be.

I work in retail and not long ago a woman was leaning over my counter asking me about delivery times on her item and opened a packet of nuts and just started eating them. I thought it was rude a) because she was talking to me and just pouring the packet into her mouth and b) because I could have been allergic for all that she knew.

RaininSummer Tue 22-Aug-17 21:02:28

There is a mammoth thread on this at the moment, not sure what it was called.

IAmPhilDunphy Tue 22-Aug-17 21:03:08

Oops sorry, my own DD has a dairy and cows milk intolerence and although obviously its not as severe as that people dont take it seriously, for example my sister its just a bit of chocolate shes missing out. Yeah she might be but she doesnt have to put up with the tummy aches and the vomiting afterwards. It just annoys me and I hope if more people see that video they understand.

IAmPhilDunphy Tue 22-Aug-17 21:03:46

Oh bloody hell really. I looked but I couldnt find one! If you could link please

RaininSummer Tue 22-Aug-17 21:04:55

Found it... www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/3012169-To-think-they-should-just-ban-nuts-on-all-flights

IAmPhilDunphy Tue 22-Aug-17 21:05:17

Thank youflowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now