Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Can someone help shed some light on this behaviour please.

(11 Posts)
Aspieparent Mon 21-Aug-17 10:24:27

My 2 year old (will be 3 in November) of you have read my previous threads i have a fee issue's with him.
One issue that has cropped up is really confusing me and am not really sure what to do with it.
He will come over to me and say mummy i will either bend down to his level or pick him up to my level ( i believe that being onnthe same level is best way to communicate with my dcs) i will ask what he would like while looking at him but he will continue to say mummy and say talk to me speak to me proper. I say mummy is here talking to you but he will just continue to say mummy talk to me as i try to say what would you like i am here he, he will then start to get annoyed with me and start screaming mummy mummy talk to me and starts hitting. Sometimes he just goes away comes back 2 minutes later tells me what he wanted or starts all over again.
I dont get why hes doing this as he has my attention i am talking to him yet he seems unaware that i am. The only time i ever say to wait a moment is when i am on the phone to a professional.
I have 3 dcs eldest 2 have sn but it is the 2 year old who gets most of my attention as he demands it and i can't take my eyes of him for a second due to other behaviour.
I did speak to hv last week whos sending a nursery nurse in to help me work with him. Hv is adiment its nothing to do with parenting as shes worked with me closely for the last 13 years dealing with challenging behvaiours and doing all the parenting course availble and said that i am good with the strategies and that she gets fustrtated with herself as therea nothing more she can offer me to help.

Aspieparent Mon 21-Aug-17 12:23:19

BumWad Mon 21-Aug-17 12:24:23

Has his hearing been checked?

Aspieparent Mon 21-Aug-17 12:28:26

No it hasn't. I am going to request it. It could well be he struggling to hear as he struggles to listen even nursery have been complaining about his lack of listening skills. Can't believe i didnt think about hearing blush

ZeroFuchsGiven Mon 21-Aug-17 12:33:41

i will ask what he would like while looking at him but he will continue to say mummy and say talk to me speak to me proper

I say mummy is here talking to you but he will just continue to say mummy talk to me as i try to say what would you like i am here

Maybe he doesn't want anything at all but just for you to talk to him. have you tried just talking and not asking what he would like? He has told you what he would like which is you to talk to him but you continue to ask him 'what he would like' which could be causing his frustration.

Try not asking him that question and maybe just chat to him? look out the window and describe what you can see or tell him what you will be making for tea etc.

ZeroFuchsGiven Mon 21-Aug-17 12:35:08

I would also second getting his hearing checked especially if nursery have commented. Try speaking to him from behind and see if he hears you.

Aspieparent Mon 21-Aug-17 12:36:11

I have tried all types of conversation and also just talking to him it all ends up with him repeating talk to me mummy and the build up of frustration. I used the above as an example of how it goes.

Aspieparent Mon 21-Aug-17 12:41:35

I have just stood behind him and said his name several times and hes not responding

GingerAndTheBiscuits Mon 21-Aug-17 12:44:56

My first thought was hearing too

Bluntness100 Mon 21-Aug-17 12:50:56

I'm sorry op my first thought was hearing too.

Aspieparent Mon 21-Aug-17 13:27:47

Thank you everyone the more i interact with him the more i am noticing hes not responding to speech very well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now