Talk

Advanced search

Abby Lee Miller

(7 Posts)
lottieandmia Sat 19-Aug-17 19:30:45

Apparently all the girls she taught on Dance Moms and their parents, including the Zieglers have cut ties with her and distanced themselves since the sentencing.

I've been watching the next part of season 7 which has just started again in America and it seems that the mothers felt Abby was never truly invested in their daughters and only out for her own gain.

I think it speaks volumes that she has very few people in her personal life that she appears to be close to. I always thought she seemed quite disordered but also feel a bit sad for her. She can't even take responsibility for the reason she's ended up in prison.

Fekko Sat 19-Aug-17 19:32:04

What did she do?

lottieandmia Sat 19-Aug-17 19:34:54

Apparently she hid money from the government and is now serving 1 year and 1 day in prison. She says the people who looked after her finances were to blame and she has never been good with money.

mamatiger83 Thu 24-Aug-17 08:14:36

I've seen an interview (can't remember where) she said she thought she was above the law, she was cocky and caught and is sorry. She should be punished at a year and a day is a joke, it's a token sentence, which she probably won't serve half of.
I love dance moms, I'm a complete addict and have even included dcs, my dd is obsessed with jojo, thought thankfully not the bows!!
I've never understood why, if Abby was that horrible to the kids why their mothers would continue paying her. You see all the way through the series' the girls have a good relationship with her, clearly it is glamorised for tv.

2014newme Thu 24-Aug-17 08:20:53

I watched this once. Her behaviour was truly horrifying, bullying and belittling children. The mothers clearly were idiots for putting up with it they put their own desire to be on tv above their children wellbeing.
I doubt many will have a career in dance but the girl selling bows is making a mint from her chavvy products so fair play to her.

lottieandmia Thu 24-Aug-17 16:54:18

People say she's actually worse in RL 😨

I think the reason the mothers continued on with AL is because she choreographs numbers that win. It's very unusual for her not to win the overall group. I've just watched the most recent episode where Lorianne had choreographed for the girls at ALDC and none of the solos placed and the group dance was fourth.

mamatiger83 Thu 24-Aug-17 19:28:21

Ive watched it too, I really hoped they'd all do well (a little bit over invested!)
I enjoyed the previous episode where Lorianne gave Kendall a really positive kick up the bum, I guess she won't be on the series for much longer if she doesn't provide winning numbers.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »