Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

There's no better song that Maui's "You're Welcome!", is there?

(112 Posts)
MsGameandWatching Fri 11-Aug-17 14:21:57

Even my 14 year old sings along when his little dsis is watching Moana on repeat grin

MsGameandWatching Fri 11-Aug-17 14:22:42

Sorry no better DISNEY song that should have said.

HensAndRabbits Fri 11-Aug-17 14:23:59

The only one that comes close is 'Gaston' imo. Every last inch of him's covered in hair. He's so fucking hot.

OhtoblazeswithElvira Fri 11-Aug-17 14:25:41

Haha you are right OP it is awesome. We've had Moana on repeat in the car for 3 weeks and I am not tired yet.

Modwolvesrock Fri 11-Aug-17 14:32:50

I like the line about Maui being able to do 'anything but float ' - that's because he's The Rock grin

NotAPuffin Fri 11-Aug-17 14:41:28

I don't know. Shiny is also pretty fantastic.

honeysucklejasmine Fri 11-Aug-17 14:42:36

Mod shock genius!!!

CherryChasingDotMuncher Fri 11-Aug-17 14:44:03

Yes we downloaded Moana from Sky Cinema this week and have been singing and dancing all the way round the house to it!

GingerPCatt Fri 11-Aug-17 14:44:50

No! Shiny is the best... with lyrics like "But you can't expect a demigod
To beat a decapod (Look it up)"
And "Now it's time to kick your hiney"

HensAndRabbits Fri 11-Aug-17 15:10:34

I may be slightly biased against. My 4yo ds has asd and if he spots something wrong he will not drop it. Ever.

His issue with the 'You're Welcome' song is that Maui pulls islands from the sea with his hook, but what is he standing on when he does this? He admits he can't float. I suggested maybe he did it whilst in hawk form but ds tells me he definitely only has his hook when he's in human form. I suggested maybe he's standing on Tefiti but he tells me there's are no islands that are Maui and hook distance away from Tefiti.

If anyone knows I would be unbelievably grateful.

Also 'Be Our Guest' is another 'You're Welcome' rival imo.

Enb76 Fri 11-Aug-17 15:14:34

Nope - Shiny is the best Disney song ever. Mostly because it's the bloke from Flight of the Conchords but also because it's just fantastic. I have a penchant for villain songs though - I also like the one from Fern Gully.

NotPennysBoat815 Fri 11-Aug-17 15:33:52

We like Make a man out of You by from Mulan in this house. Love pretty much all the Disney songs though. Particuarly Moana and Beauty and the Beast.

Moreisnnogedag Fri 11-Aug-17 15:42:54

Hens according to the legends from what I can gather he was actually on a boat when he pulled up various island. It seems like some islands already existed - he just pulled up more. Hope that helps.

Moreisnnogedag Fri 11-Aug-17 15:46:19

Actually in the film it does show him riding the crest of a wave in his boat pulling up the islands. (Can you tell I'm over invested in this?)

at about 1 min 20

RiverTam Fri 11-Aug-17 15:51:41

Shiny sounds like an actual song, if you know what I mean - not just a Disney soundtrack song. It's DD's favourite.

I like the one Scar sings to his hyena minions in the Lion King, but then I adore Jeremy Irons' voice.

Out2pasture Fri 11-Aug-17 15:52:16

Muana's great, looked up Polynesian dancing lessons in London, thought gd would love that as a hobby/sport. No luck sad

TurquoiseOwl Fri 11-Aug-17 15:53:01

I've never seen the film (am 18) but frequently listen to the song on YouTube - I think I know all the words now grin it is pretty great.

GherkinSnatch Fri 11-Aug-17 15:54:10

We can't say "You're welcome!" in this house normally any more.

Also love Shiny - it's Jemaine Clement singing in the style of Bowie, what's not to love?

MyfatheristheKing Fri 11-Aug-17 15:57:30

I know every single word to it!

DrablittleCrab Fri 11-Aug-17 15:57:35

I love it, it's such a good ear worm to get! Can't say "you're welcome" in this house without singing it!

Newyearnewbrain Fri 11-Aug-17 16:01:50

The DDs got totally confused and sing "you're Malcolm"...

ScrambledSmegs Fri 11-Aug-17 16:02:40

Love Shiny. I do love all the Moana songs too but Shiny is my favourite.

It used to be DD2's as well but unfortunately she's decided that Pigeon Toady's 'song' How You Like Me Now is her theme song. hmm. She sings it All. The. Fucking. Time. It's aural torture.

ScrambledSmegs Fri 11-Aug-17 16:03:49

That's Pigeon Toady from Storks, sorry.

BettyInc Fri 11-Aug-17 16:09:16

^ love the investigative work!

RiverTam Fri 11-Aug-17 16:25:13

Off the back of this thread we're now watching Moana!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now