Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Babies crying on tv...

(6 Posts)
sadmum2017 Mon 17-Jul-17 15:07:58

Maybe it's because I now have one of my own, but I've started noticing when children in films and on tv are upset. It seems really unkind to make a baby actor cry as part of a film, or do they just sit about and wait for the baby to cry anyway? I'm thinking of the toddler in Sex and the City 2 - she was bawling her eyes out in at least two scenes, and there was no acting!

Just wondering.

DJBaggySmalls Mon 17-Jul-17 15:09:36

I've always wondered that. They sometimes sound really upset. It was hell when I was breastfeeding...

lieka Mon 17-Jul-17 15:24:40

Apparently it's often harder to get them NOT to cry...

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/may/12/secret-lives-of-moviestar-babies-hollywood

MrsTerryPratchett Mon 17-Jul-17 15:27:07

I've notice that they do a brief cry face shot (easy to get quickly) then the person holding them turns away or the camera goes elsewhere and the crying noise carries on but the baby clearly isn't in shot or isn't crying any more.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Mon 17-Jul-17 15:36:52

Am sure I watched something recently on tv where two adult actors were yelling at each other with a bewildered baby in the middle and was wincing because it's quite rare these days.

FeiYenKansu Mon 17-Jul-17 15:59:31

youtube.com/watch?v=q_lCmnfw8uU

Clint Eastwood insisted on using a doll in American Sniper!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now