Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Oh my, I've just discovered men's boxer shorts!

(56 Posts)
WhatALoadOfOldBollocks Mon 17-Jul-17 13:19:54

They're so comfortable and for once I have found pants that I not only like the look of but that my arse doesn't try and eat! They're those tight ones that go down the thigh about 3 inches, and unlike the women's "boy shorts" I have, they don't ride up my bum or curl up the thigh. I just had to share I'm so happy in my comfy pants! Any one else wear men's undies?

magicstar1 Mon 17-Jul-17 13:21:43

I've been wearing them for years...I drive a bike and they keep the bum warm and don't ride up at all.

WhatALoadOfOldBollocks Mon 17-Jul-17 14:05:32

Which ones do you have Magic? I bought some cheap ones off eBay and although they're comfy they aren't the best quality. Plus they're 2/3 polyester and only 1/3 cotton, and I think I'd prefer more cotton. I suppose they dry quicker than 100% cotton though so there is that...

AfunaMbatata Mon 17-Jul-17 14:07:28

Get a she-wee and you won't even have a cold bum in the night when going to pee! grin (Providing they have that penis hole part of course)

magicstar1 Mon 17-Jul-17 14:18:55

I just buy some jersey ones from Asda. I'm in Ireland so don't get to buy them very often, but they don't wear out. They're 100% cotton.

FeiYenKansu Mon 17-Jul-17 14:19:48

Wouldn't they be loose around the waist?

Troels Mon 17-Jul-17 14:20:52

Primark has them without the hole in the front.
I keep looking at them and may just go for it.

Syc4moreTrees Mon 17-Jul-17 14:23:05

I have been wearing the tight boxer short style for years but have recently switched to the loose fitting ones! i love them! men's boxers are the best

RhuBarbarella Mon 17-Jul-17 15:05:27

How do you work or what size you need? I am thinking of picking up some hipsters from sainsburys.silky name but hey ho. They do seem to be closed in the front so that's good. Anyone tried them?

RhuBarbarella Mon 17-Jul-17 15:06:01

Silly name, not silky, yuck!

WhatALoadOfOldBollocks Mon 17-Jul-17 15:25:14

Get a she-wee and you won't even have a cold bum in the night when going to pee!
Oh my god, I have a She-Wee, and just realised that wearing the boxers (with the fly front) hiking will be so much easier than my normal pants! grin Thanks for reminding me Afuna. Actually, next time I need a pee today I'll try it out and report back wink

Wouldn't they be loose around the waist?
I thought they'd be but they aren't. I'm a size 10 and the size M boxers fit perfectly. Not even too baggy around the "pouch".
Rhu, RE sizing, I reckoned that if I went by waist measurement they'd be too small around the bum, and the first set I bought were just that. So I had to go up to the next size waist so they fit in the hips. Oddly they aren't loose in the waist even though the label says they're a good few inches bigger than I need. My waist is 29", hips are 36" and the boxers I'm wearing are 33-35" waist.

RhuBarbarella Mon 17-Jul-17 15:40:13

Thanks, I'm a sizer 10 to so I'll just go for M then.

Peachyking000 Mon 17-Jul-17 15:40:32

I love them too, with a cami/vest top these are my summer PJ's

tickyandtackyandjackythebacky Mon 17-Jul-17 15:44:28

I discovered this in the pregnancy aftermath. So comfortable

Ampersand1 Mon 17-Jul-17 16:20:12

Yep wear my husbands
The trunk style to lounge around house in he thinks I am quite mad
But so comfy....

Janika Mon 17-Jul-17 16:24:11

Me too!

lanouvelleheloise Mon 17-Jul-17 17:19:31

I haven't brought myself to wear them yet, but when I've tried DH's on for a laugh, I've been really surprised how much more comfy they are than any pants for women, and yes I am including Sloggis and M&S granny pants in that. Apart from the pouch at the front, they're perfect. Which makes me wonder why on earth designers for women aren't making pants more like them.

MissCherryCakeyBun Mon 17-Jul-17 17:22:53

Any plus size ladies wear these ? I'm interested but as a size 20 I'm not sure what size to buy confused

IHaveBrilloHair Mon 17-Jul-17 17:26:33

Don't they go all rumply under clothes?
I can't imagine that you'd have no VPL and I hate VPL.

yolofish Mon 17-Jul-17 17:33:25

do they sort out chub rub????

WhatALoadOfOldBollocks Mon 17-Jul-17 19:32:28

Don't they go all rumply under clothes?
I can't imagine that you'd have no VPL and I hate VPL.
I've been wearing mine under leggings and there is a bit of VPL but no rumpling or rolling up, and they're far better than I expected. I'm at home so I'm not bothered but, like you, I prefer no VPL so I normally wear thongs. They don't show under my jeans though.

BloodWorries Mon 17-Jul-17 23:16:44

I used to wear DP quite frequently, but I've put on some (aka lots) of weight over the past few years and no way they would now fit.

Maybe I need to invest in some for myself. Will have a look at the sizes.

I remember how nice and comfortable they were. And yep, they make great pjs with a flimsy vest top in the summer.

ClopySow Mon 17-Jul-17 23:21:26

Oh. I need this.

What size for a size 18 lass?

Fiona1984 Mon 17-Jul-17 23:31:32

I stole a pair of my partner's tight boxers for lazing around the house when it was hot, they were so comfy, and I have considered buying myself some. He wears a medium, I'm a size 8 and they fit fine.

JeffreyNeedsAHobby Mon 17-Jul-17 23:34:18

I've just peeked on Amazon. Can't find cotton ones in a 3 pack under £16. Am I getting too frugal here? smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now