Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Worst typo ever....

(160 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

NickMyLipple Mon 17-Jul-17 07:57:10

I just sent an email begining:

"Dear Shat"

I need to set fire to my computer and run away forever.

His name is Shay.

WanderingTrolley1 Mon 17-Jul-17 07:58:58

Lol!!
I'm sure he's had this before. Maybe.

carart Mon 17-Jul-17 07:59:20

Haha! Poor Shay 😞

Gileswithachainsaw Mon 17-Jul-17 07:59:49

Oh god grinblush

Do you think he will see funny side?

TheNaze73 Mon 17-Jul-17 08:00:10

Fiction, not fact however the typo in Curb Your Enthusiasm about "My Beloved Aunt" was genius

MackerelOfFact Mon 17-Jul-17 08:00:43

A few months ago I emailed to introduce myself to an important work contact called Nazli.

Guess which letter I missed out?! blush

Mammysin Mon 17-Jul-17 08:03:34

How about an email to everyone in the company introducing yourself and advising of some changes? Naturally you carefully use spell check and being polite you apologise "for any incontinence caused" . Not me, btw !

Belleende Mon 17-Jul-17 08:10:24

I sent an email to a lesbian couple, parents to 3 kids, ending in, "if you have any father enquiries, please let me know"

ADrabLittleCrab Mon 17-Jul-17 08:17:11

To set the scene my boss was rather age sensitive. In reply to a text she sent asking me to do something, I replied okey dokey.....except pre-emptive text changed it to oldy foldy. Never could persuade her it wasn't intentional.

FeiYenKansu Mon 17-Jul-17 08:29:13

I accidentally typed

Hope you have a sad journey home instead of safe.

Unfortunately, he (now my ex) accused me of writing it deliberately and he had a massive temper tantrum.

NoMoreDecorating Mon 17-Jul-17 08:32:28

grin sorry I have no really embarrassing typo's but really needed a good laugh this morning!

SummerKelly Mon 17-Jul-17 08:36:04

Pubic services instead of public services is a fairly frequent one in my line of work.

Tessticklesyourfancy Mon 17-Jul-17 08:41:08

grin sorry OP I know it's not helpful but grin

iwasagirlinavillage Mon 17-Jul-17 08:48:20

One of the girls I used to work with was called Natasha but liked to go by Tash. Spellcheck would always correct it and I can't tell you how many e-mails I sent saying "Hi Trash". Fortunately she saw the funny side.

Spongebobfrillypants Mon 17-Jul-17 08:49:14

A work colleague arranged a site visit to a derelict house & sent me an email saying - 'It's very muddy so you will need your willies' (autocorrect didn't recognise the word 'wellies'!)

TheWildRumpyPumpus Mon 17-Jul-17 08:50:55

My phone autocorrects Heather to Heavier (awkward in this instance) and Sarah to Satan. Always spot it just as I hit send!

UrethaFranklin Mon 17-Jul-17 08:52:24

I deal with a lot of Chinese people for work and sent an email to a guy called Yida. Autocorrect changed this to Yoda...

bettyetty Mon 17-Jul-17 08:54:10

Follow for laughs 😂

SmokingGun Mon 17-Jul-17 09:02:34

Frequently emailed a customer called Brendan and missed the n off of the end. Luckily he always replys with only at the weekend so sees the funny side.

I've missed the o out of count and sent and emails saying kind retards rather than kind Regards blush

MotherhoodFail Mon 17-Jul-17 09:06:33

When I was a baby lawyer I did a placement in a firm which handled miners' compensation claims. I had a lot to learn about how accurate legal typists were and assumed that my dictated letters were broadly accurate. Send out a load of letters updating clients on the progress of their "vibrator white finger" claims. blush

MineKraftCheese Mon 17-Jul-17 09:08:04

I once replied to email about lunch choices for a day out at work. Fish pie, Thai curry, lasagne etc.

I said "The child is sounding really tasty to me" when I meant chilli blush

SwearyG0dmother Mon 17-Jul-17 09:10:57

I worked for a government department with an ancient database that you couldn't alter once you'd saved the text. My friend one day missed the o out of county. It still says cunty on that particular record.

BringOnTheScience Mon 17-Jul-17 09:12:17

I used to work with a chap called Chitral. Auto-correct preferred Clitoral.

I was in the water industry. Boreholes auto-corrects to brothels.

ConstanceCraving Mon 17-Jul-17 09:13:35

Haha. I'm guessing it won't be the first time he's had an email like that!

ceecee32 Mon 17-Jul-17 09:16:40

Love this thread - actually laughed out loud

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now