Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What's your hobby?

(69 Posts)
BeachyKeen Sun 16-Jul-17 11:58:28

I collect sea glass , photograph it, and make stuff from it.
I like it because it's soothing and low cost, plus I can bring people along if I feel like it.
I like having a creative outlet.

What do you like to do as a hobby, and what do you like about it?
Just curious!

MaidOfStars Sun 16-Jul-17 12:04:41

The most obvious comparable hobby I have is crocheting. It's an incredibly soothing activity. I like numbers and pattern, and it feeds this. Plus, all the lovely colours!

StinkPickle Sun 16-Jul-17 12:07:56

Running (jogging/plodding) started with the c25k app/program and never looked back

PinkHeart5911 Sun 16-Jul-17 12:12:04

Running, I do a couple of miles every morning. I just like being outside with music on running, thinking of nothing else.

Pole dancing classes 😃 It is so much fun, tones me and makes me feel sexy. Although I'm pregnant so currently stopped the classes but will start as soon as I can

Baking, I love making something utterly delicious and I find it relaxes me

I do the adult colouring books too, again it just calms me

Justhadmyhaircut Sun 16-Jul-17 12:14:29

Unfortunately just haven't got time. . But am looking forward to the dc keeping to the threat of putting me in a home in the future so I can have my me time then!

mymatemarmite Sun 16-Jul-17 12:17:33

I love making things - crocheting, sewing, knitting, card making, scrapbooking,baking etc...

I am trying to get into gardening, get all enthusiastic, buy lots of plants etc, look after them for a while and then gradually forget!

Oh and I love reading!

MadisonAvenue Sun 16-Jul-17 12:20:31

Crochet. It's only something I started doing earlier this year, and it's something I always wanted to teach myself how to do and I so wish I'd taken the time to do that years ago. It's so relaxing and I love seeing a piece of work taking shape and the colours working together.

Longdistance Sun 16-Jul-17 13:05:08

I don't have a hobby, as have never had the time.

However, the sea glass really interests me as mil lives where there is an area you can collect it. We tried going one of the days, but it was impossible to reach and we walked a long way with dds. We're going to mils in a few weeks time, so hopefully will find a way to get there.

slightlyglitterbrained Sun 16-Jul-17 13:09:56

Geeky stuff, mostly - I like programming (well actually I hate it some of the time, but then it finally works and I like it again), been reading an old and fairly basic book about secret codes & ciphers this weekend that has been fun to play with.

elQuintoConyo Sun 16-Jul-17 13:14:58

Sewing, mostly DS' clothes.
Cycling.
Decluttering grin
Dog walking?
Painting (badly! But i did a pretty good fake Miro for DS' room!).

DownUdderer Sun 16-Jul-17 13:19:38

Sewing quilts

FeiYenKansu Sun 16-Jul-17 13:24:03

My dogs.
Walking/hiking.
Crochet.
Getting back into sewing.
Shopping.

MrsPear Sun 16-Jul-17 13:26:33

Fellow card maker here - not very good but it keeps my mind busy in the evenings when the boys are in bed.

NorthernPowermouse Sun 16-Jul-17 13:27:26

I used to play tennis, before kids. Maybe I'll get back to it someday...*wistful sigh*

I also love reading and still manage that. I would love to be able to knit though but I just can't learn. I've tried many times but the skill eludes me. Maybe I'll try crochet instead. (Though my mum's getting sick of my ineptitude at knitting so she might not be willing to teach me this time!)

MumIsRunningAMarathon Sun 16-Jul-17 13:29:28

Running..... just love it. It's an outlet and 'me' time. Well, it was, until I started entering races and the dc came along to watch.... and now 2 adult dd's also come along to run with me. So it's now a family thing!

Geocaching.... a family hobby with my do and boys loving this too

Skinandbones Sun 16-Jul-17 13:32:00

Making jewellery, can sit for hours just playing with the gemstones. I also have found myself eyeing up my ds newish bike, haven't been on one for ages tho.

OhTheRoses Sun 16-Jul-17 13:34:50

Apart from MNet!
Renovating houses, interior design
Gardening
I used to do a lot of Berlin wool work.

SinglePringle Sun 16-Jul-17 13:35:24

Many different types of exercise:

Boxing
Spinning
Hot yoga
Swimming
Weight training

Love how it clears my mind, keeps my mental health healthy, makes me strong, exhausts me, motivates me to eat healthily and enables me to drink wine!

Silverthorn Sun 16-Jul-17 14:05:50

Mountain biking, jogging, pilates, embroidery, gardening, painting, reading, use to rock climb pre-dc, but don't have time now

WatchingFromTheWings Sun 16-Jul-17 14:09:38

Card making. Genealogy. Try to run/workout twice a week.

LadyDeadpool Sun 16-Jul-17 14:22:18

Polymer clay and various art forms mostly watercolor and markers right now.

Blackfellpony Sun 16-Jul-17 14:42:50

Horses. Take up most of my spare time and money but I adore it and have done since I was a small child.

I've tried to give up more than once, sold the horses and tried other things but always come back to it after a few months.

notsomuchgreen Sun 16-Jul-17 14:58:20

OP what do you do with the sea glass?

I have a load of it and would love to put it some purpose rather than gathering dust on a shelf. smile

girlandboy Sun 16-Jul-17 15:15:23

Reading, and I love my monthly book club meet up.
And I've just taken up church bellringing. It's something I've always wanted to try and it's definitely a lot harder than it looks, so it's quite a challenge.

BarchesterFlowers Sun 16-Jul-17 15:23:07

Girl, I had a go at bell ringing in a cathedral recently, it was daunting but really good fun. I am not well enough to commit right now but it is something I wouldn't mind doing when I am. The people involved were really lovely.

I have got far too many hobbies, jack of all, master of none.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now