Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

One week before the end of term

(26 Posts)
AngeloftheSouth84 Sat 15-Jul-17 00:47:45

...and she's lost her PE kit. Sorry - just posting here as there's more traffic

She had to do it in her pants today. She's got PE again on Monday - anywhere I can buy a cheap PE kit over the weekend? Seems silly for a new PE kit for one lesson

ShirazSavedMySanity Sat 15-Jul-17 00:57:43

From the point of view as a class teacher (KS1) just send herbin with jogging bottoms and a tshirts.
It's the last week FFS. We don't care. As long as we can get through the PE lesson with something achieved, what they wear is irrelevant

AngeloftheSouth84 Sat 15-Jul-17 01:01:52

I'm going to try and get some cheap shorts from Sainsburys. Just wanted to avoid the pants issue!

AngeloftheSouth84 Sat 15-Jul-17 01:47:33

what they wear is irrelevant

Obv my dd's teacher doesn't think its irrelevant!

fraggle84 Sat 15-Jul-17 06:40:53

Aldi has their school stuff in and we got ds pe kit in there

BarbaraBitchFace Sat 15-Jul-17 06:54:08

I'd be quite cross in your position. It's not the done thing anymore to do PE in pants. In any school I've ever taught in its No PE kit = no PE .

Dottyblue2 Sat 15-Jul-17 07:02:29

How old is she? 5 or 11? Big issues here, even for a 5 year old.

PoptartPoptart Sat 15-Jul-17 07:49:51

If she's lost it then presumably she'll need a new one for September anyway, so can you not just buy her a complete new PE kit but buy one that's slightly bigger so she can wear it this week and still fit her for next term too? She shouldn't grow that much in six weeks surely?
All the supermarkets seem to already have their 'back to school' uniform stocked already, even though they haven't even broken up yet!

FeetFeelFoul Sat 15-Jul-17 08:41:24

How can you lose your PE kit? DD's is just hung on a peg in the classroom all term, It doesn't leave the classroom.

AngeloftheSouth84 Mon 17-Jul-17 23:22:09

It's alright, panic over. She hasn't got PE this week anyway!

AngeloftheSouth84 Wed 19-Jul-17 06:45:41

How can you lose your PE kit?

She left it somewhere. On a bus, in a shop. She can't remember confused

FeetFeelFoul Wed 19-Jul-17 07:15:34

Sorry, when you said she had to do it in her pants I presumed she was in reception or very young, so would just be on a peg in the classroom all term.

AngeloftheSouth84 Wed 19-Jul-17 07:33:10

I presumed she was in reception or very young, so would just be on a peg in the classroom all term.
No, sorry! At secondary, so brings it home after each day

WipsGlitter Wed 19-Jul-17 07:34:43

Secondary? And she had to do it in her pants? I'd be very unhappy about that tbh.

CakeNinja Wed 19-Jul-17 07:36:16

She had to do PE in her pants in secondary?? shock
What?
Really?
I'm speechless shock
My school (primary) has about 15 sets of PE kit which we have bought specifically so people can't get out of PE because they haven't come with kit.

QueenLaBeefah Wed 19-Jul-17 07:43:48

They made her do PE in her pants?!? Bloody hell I thought this shit had stopped in the 1980s. Why are some PE teachers such fucking arseholes?

ginnystonic Wed 19-Jul-17 07:47:32

I'd buy the new PE kit now, just one size up, then you're all ready for the new school year.

FeetFeelFoul Wed 19-Jul-17 07:47:56

If they genuinely made her do it in her pants in secondary the lost kit would be the last of my worries.

ginnystonic Wed 19-Jul-17 07:48:52

I think making teenagers do PE in their pants is outrageous. I do hope you'll be addressing this with the school.

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Wed 19-Jul-17 07:58:57

When you say pants do you mean knickers or are you actually using pants to mean trousers?
I find it very hard to believe that a secondary school pupil would be told to do PE in their knickers; I find it harder still to believe that she actually would do it.
In primary even the youngest children wouldn't be expected to just wear their knickers.

Afterthenight Wed 19-Jul-17 08:01:26

Where I am pants are trousers so do pe in pants would mean doing it in school trousers. I'm hoping the same for the op!

AngeloftheSouth84 Wed 19-Jul-17 08:29:10

Pants as in knickers! Sorry for the confusion. And that won't happen again, its been taken up with the school!

QueenLaBeefah Wed 19-Jul-17 08:39:32

Glad you've complained.

I remember when I was 6yrs old (about 40yrs ago) a little lad was forced to do PE in his pants and vest. I felt so sorry for him and thought the teacher was evil. Just no need.

Afterthenight Wed 19-Jul-17 09:48:44

Bonkers that it was knickers.
I would go bat crap crazy if my teen was made to do pe in her knickers.

Foslady Wed 19-Jul-17 10:36:36

I'd write a note excusing her after her teacher doing that to her!shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now