Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Adorable things your children say

(141 Posts)
MyGastIsFlabbered Thu 06-Jul-17 12:16:10

DS2 (aged 4) likes 'already salted crisps', 'butella' on toast and 'cheesy chatters' (mini cheddars).

He also says 'do-an we' instead of don't we. He used to say 'can-an we' instead of can't we but sadly that's gone.

Anybody else?

Justhadmyhaircut Thu 06-Jul-17 12:17:22

'Alicious buckocks'
His delicious bum!!

lucycid Thu 06-Jul-17 12:19:43

We went to my Dad's house the other day and my ds was asking where the cat was, so he and my Dad went looking in the house for the cat. They returned and my ds was so excited to tell me they found the cat sleeping on the bed in the spare bedroom. I wish he could stay this age forever. So innocent and joyfull sad

MyGastIsFlabbered Thu 06-Jul-17 12:29:06

I know what you mean Lucy they're so full of joy, and problems are so easily fixed aren't they?

My boys tell me they love me, that I'm beautiful and the bestest mummy in the whole wide world every day. And a cuddle from me really does fix so many things. I hate the fact that they're going to grow up and face difficulties and things I can't fix.

But I don't want to drag the thread down so I'll just throw this in. When DS1 (now aged 7) was about 3 or 4 he asked me why girls don't have winkies. When I told him they just don't he said 'don't worry mummy the winkie man will come in his winkie van to give all girls winkies. I'm still waiting 😀

CigarsofthePharoahs Thu 06-Jul-17 13:09:51

My toddler used to tell me were were going to 'toggoler gloop'. Toddler group!

MyGastIsFlabbered Sun 16-Jul-17 08:39:25

Another one I've remembered, DS2 calls statues 'snatchoos'

DesperatelySeeking2016 Sun 16-Jul-17 09:24:24

When he has done something by himself my 4 year old says 'I did it by my own self'.

lornathewizzard Sun 16-Jul-17 09:46:49

Was showing DD2 some letters as she was asking what they were. Told her W - double-you. She then proceeded to call it double-me grin

RainbowdropsandUnicorns Sun 16-Jul-17 12:41:00

Such a lovely thread.

Thomas O Tankin = Thomas the Tank Engine

Roomba Sun 16-Jul-17 13:04:29

DS2 (4) told me excitedly that his baby half sister and her mum were off to visit a tiny monster in town! After a lot of questions, I ascertained that actually they were going to Baby Yoga (baby ogre) grin

He says he's done things 'Accillidentilly' which is very cute. Spag Bol is 'Bagetti Bananalololonese' (it's like he can start saying it but then doesn't know how to stop again). DS1 used to have loads of these - Comfty instead of Comfy is one we all still say many years later.

bluediamonds Sun 16-Jul-17 13:06:45

Softa = sofa
Skinny legs = daddy long legs

Soooo cute!!

CoodleMoodle Sun 16-Jul-17 13:21:36

3yo DD has:

Leafers - leaves
Maffis - massive
"Turned my mind" - changed her mind
Crinkly feet - pins & needles

And on a Friday we go to todda yoop!

BeverlyGoldberg Sun 16-Jul-17 13:25:11

Paw Patrol = pawtrol

Slippers = seepoos

Ice cream = arse cream (my personal favourite!)

IveGotBillsTheyreMultiplying Sun 16-Jul-17 13:27:22

Mum-where's your purse?

Said as a morning greeting today by my oh-so-cute moustachioed 15 y old.

Enjoy it while you can <<sobs>>smilegrin

Bumblebee35 Sun 16-Jul-17 14:18:14

I don't know if this is what you mean, but I found it adorable. My five year old dd told me that the road sign with a horse on means 'watch out for horses, ponies, donkeys and unicorns'! Love her xx

QuackDuckQuack Sun 16-Jul-17 14:24:51

My 2 year old calls Monster Munch 'Monster Lunch' and says things are giantnormous. Both actually make more sense than the originals. We we sad when her older sister started to be able to say Wotsits as "Wasbits".

RainbowdropsandUnicorns Sun 16-Jul-17 18:35:16

Some of these are so cute! smile

PippilottaViktualia Sun 16-Jul-17 18:52:01

Ah, these are so sweet.

My stepson used to call tyres 'car shoes' ah, it was so cute. He's eleven now and is sat next to me on the sofa, rolling his eyes, sighing and speaking to me like I know nothing about anything because I didn't know something about minecraft confusedgrin

Deploycharitygoats Sun 16-Jul-17 18:56:48

Playboop for playgroup. Oh, his hopeful little face every time he asks "Is playboop day mummy?" because he still thinks that squash only exists in church halls

TippyTinkleTrousers Sun 16-Jul-17 18:58:20

Me "Jense, what are you doing?" Thinking he's been too quite for a while...

Him screeching "I'm having a dump!"

Totes adorbs. hmmgrin

Rachie1986 Sun 16-Jul-17 19:02:53

"No I aren't" instead of no I'm not.

DD is 3. I dread the day they all disappear and she's not little anymore! We've already lost cucucumber and rang (for meringue).

DorothyHarris Sun 16-Jul-17 19:03:20

My DD used to say muddy puptas for muddy puddles and ponta for pony. My DTs are still in the babble so lots of uck-look wasis-what's this smile

Fantasticmissfoxy Sun 16-Jul-17 19:09:26

Ds 5 calls sneezes 'bless-yous' and announced the other day that I would have to wash his new t shirt before he wore it because someone might have 'bless-youd' on it in the shop

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Sun 16-Jul-17 19:18:46

My ds (almost 2) describes things such as knives and razors as being 'a little bit shark' ... which makes perfect sense really! He also calls crocodiles 'snappingdiles'... He may be my pfb but aibu in thinking we should just change the name?! grin

pitterpatterrain Sun 16-Jul-17 19:23:01

DD1 3y says 'pushion' for pillows or cushions
Yes will miss it when it goes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now